2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Maybe. But, we had the prior relationship. He was all but signed, sealed and delivered to us following his visit. We then lost him to a first-time head coach who has been on the job for just a few weeks and new offensive line coach. Neither of them had prior relationships with the kid. That's an L in my book.

Again, as I said no biggie.
The relationship is what made him even consider crossing the country in the first place. But clearly the distance is too much for him.

Advertisement
Mario is always recruiting. Even during the press conference he was recruiting.

When asked if not having a full staff affected recruiting this cycle he said:
“A corners coach in p5 aberages about 1.5 years per school”.
Also something similar to “You commit cause of the vision and personality of the head coach”

I guarantee you his press conference this early was also a message to potential recruits and portal dudes

Advertisement
This one is tough because if you excuse Shemar because Mario didn't have enough time to build a relationship with him like Jimbo did, then you'd hope that logic would apply with Mario and Iuli.
Agreed. Losing Iuli would have to qualify as an L. I can forgive not getting Stewart in such a short window.

Mario is always recruiting. Even during the press conference he was recruiting.

When asked if not having a full staff affected recruiting this cycle he said:
“A corners coach in p5 aberages about 1.5 years per school”.
Also something similar to “You commit cause of the vision and personality of the head coach”

I guarantee you his press conference this early was also a message to potential recruits and portal dudes
And he's right. Position coaches shelf life at a college is less than two years.

Advertisement
This one is tough because if you excuse Shemar because Mario didn't have enough time to build a relationship with him like Jimbo did, then you'd hope that logic would apply with Mario and Iuli.
Nothing is tough going from the 60’s to **** near the top ten , In two months . That’s unheard of. This class is like playing with house money and we tripled our cash.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not exactly the same though. Shemar has been recruited by the same school and program, Iuli has been recruited towards Oregon even when he was establishing his relationship with Mario. Then the other folks are Oregon picked up where Mario left off.

Not really apples to apples

Advertisement
Nothing is tough going from the 60’s to **** near the top ten , In two months . That’s unheard of. This class is as playing with house money and we tripled our cash.
Shhhh, you know people just want to complain more.

The Wire GIF

Advertisement
Back