2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Imagine pulling Skinner from Bama, Kelly who was never coming here, and Cyrus Moss who was never considering us at all. All in a month and ppl are complaining the man didnt close on kids 2 months on the job.
This place is nuts HAHAHAHAH
For real. It’s called anchoring bias, early signing period we exceeded expectations and now everyone’s reset to expect what would be a miracle finish… the miracle doesn’t come and the sky is falling. Our fans are too easy to manipulate

Advertisement
Do people understand how dumb they sound when using that phrase?
To give context to your argument..I would be interested to see a comparison of other transition classes from big time HCs and what their final ranking was with just a few months to recruit in their first year... (I.E., Saban, Smart, Dabo, Urban Meyer, Riley at USC, etc). ****, you can throw Lanning from Oregon and Venalbes from OU in there too.

If the majority landed in the top 25 after being in the bottom 60 to begin with..then you might have a point here. If you are going to kill Mario for the finish that is fine, but we need some "in comparison to what?" here too.

I'll be stunned if he doesn't sign with us. Luli said out of his own mouth that he committed to coach Cristobal at Oregon because he would be getting coached personally by him and coach Mirabal. Nothing has changed regarding those two.

Recruiting is fluid, expect recruitments to shift back and forth from now until pen meets paper. Mirabal needs to place a call to Luli and give one final selling point today. Cristobal needs to call tonight before Luli goes to bed and seal the deal with one final pitch. Closers close.

Dudes love throwing feminine adjectives at the dudes who just call it like they see it.

Fact is Mario has the long-term relationship and ability to sell o-line development with Mirabal. Maybe the University of Miami was new to Iuli, but Mario and Mirabal were not.

People saying don’t expect Shemar even though he’s local b/c he doesn’t know the coaches…and then the local west coast guys that Mario’s known stay home despite not knowing the coaches - can’t have it both ways 😂

A lot of short-term negatives other programs are using to their advantage right now. It’ll get right, but the close to 2022 looks underwhelming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we all need to calm down here. The only reason Miami has a shot is because of Mario. His family seems on board with him making the move to the other side of the country but maybe they’d all prefer he stays close to home? He was also committed to Oregon and all his former commit friends have seemed to jump back on board. We are all naive if we can’t see why Oregon could make a move here. **** Mario kept all our kids committed minus two. This is a loss but this isn’t some random team making a 23rd hour move here.

I hope y’all not also expecting Mario to win a natty this year right? This is going to take time to become who we know this program should be..I know we are excited with Mario and the big investment in the program but all of that just happened 2 months ago…we are not going to win everything right now…we’ll be fine

Advertisement
Elite recruiter :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:
1643725489956.gif

Miami hasn’t played a game with Mario at the helm yet! Of course he’s going to lose some recruiting battles especially with a west coast kid. These kids want to see the product on the field before they fully commit to move cross country. Overly emotional board. It’s like some of y’all want to see him fail

I hope Mario doesn’t spin his tires recruiting the west coast ever again. Target some Samoans with Salave’a and that’s it. I get that’s where his relationships were this year so it made sense but it’s never been sustainable and it’s always hit or Miss with maybe 1 guy a year

You think he gone? And I kinda doubt he does next year. Obviously at Oregon you recruit the **** out of that coast because you have almost NO competition and any serious team you do compete with is across the **** country. He would obviously come to FL and pick a few kids here and there but that is it. Coming in basically on early signing day when close to 85% of the top recruits sign then being left with 15% and 2 months to work. Not enough time to target local kids you have not been on have to try and foster the relationships you already had which unfortunately for us were allllll out west.

People also want to compare him to Riley, Riley is cleaning up in the portal, he snagged like 12 guys out of there, with the two big ones coming from Oklahoma. If players followed Riley to OU, they will follow him to **** USC, but as far as HS recruits go? Riley has 8... thats it. Their class is ranked 65th in the country. They lost Florence to Oregon as well. Mario took our 62nd rate class and pushed us to 38, with a decent close we easily jump into top 20.

Advertisement
To give context to your argument..I would be interested to see a comparison of other transition classes from big time HCs and what their final ranking was with just a few months to recruit in their first year... (I.E., Saban, Smart, Dabo, Urban Meyer, Riley at USC, etc). ****, you can throw Lanning from Oregon and Venalbes from OU in there too.

If the majority landed in the top 25 after being in the bottom 60 to begin with..then you might have a point here. If you are going to kill Mario for the finish that is fine, but we need some "in comparison to what?" here too.
Just this year you’ve got Florida and usc that were both around the 50-60 range like us… Florida has “recovered” though most of the bump is 3 stars and usc is still down there

I swear some of you fans are simply idiots and need a life. Mario Cristobal been the head coach for 2 months and y’all want it all. Lmao. If a kid doesn’t want to come Miami… it’s not all on Cristobal. The guy is literally covering up 15 years of trash with a promise of a bright future. The fact that we are in the running with top players that has seen Miami in the past… says a lot of Cristobal’s short 2 months as HC. Without Mario we don’t get Bissainte, Moss, Kelly, Skinner, or Stewart.

The **** I’m reading is just ridiculous. Can the man make it to fall before the “Cristobal is a let down” “I apparently need to rest my expectations for Mario”, or “what was 100 million for” comments come in???? Y’all pitiful. I don’t care what Mario does right now as long as I see the result on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back