2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

So miami closing with 2 three star projects to close signing day lol. Very golden/Shannon/diaz esque....ill reserve judgement bc Cristobal just got here but man that would suck. Class gna stay in the high 40s...Hopefully shemar surprises and picks miami
If Mario and his recruiting prowess can't pull kids here, I'm convinced no one can. We are doomed as a program

Advertisement
Iuli likely verbally committed to both staffs. He seem like a kid who would be torn like that.
This. Kid probably went to Oregon and didnt expect to like it has much as he did. Hes probably legit torn now and people in his camp are throwing out those vibes. So when a kid is torn and its between a school 3,000 miles away and a school that he was once committed to that is closer to home...if my website reputation is on the line..im obviously going with the latter school.

That said, I think this kid could legit wake up in the morning and tell his family that UM is where his heart is and thats where he wants to be.

I still think we get him but its a last second decision.

This. Kid probably went to Oregon and didnt expect to like it has much as he did. Hes probably legit torn now and people in his camp are throwing out those vibes. So when a kid is torn and its between a school 3,000 miles away and a school that he was once committed to that is closer to home...if my website reputation is on the line..im obviously going with the latter school.

That said, I think this kid could legit wake up in the morning and tell his family that UM is where his heart is and thats where he wants to be.

I still think we get him but its a last second decision.
I will
Trade Luli for Shemar if distance is determining factor.

Manny left this program in ruins. Look at our projected front 7 on D next year. It is awful. We gotta go heavy in the portal this spring and better hope big names come up otherwise the offense will have to carry this team heavy again.
Which is even more shocking why kids like shemar don't see immediate playing time right in their backyard. He would rather go to am with a loaded front and possibly be stuck behind other guys...guess we'll see tomorrow

Advertisement
I'll go on record and say I think we get him. His whole family came on his visit here. His heart is here. Obviously, Oregon is the safe choice but in the end..I think his family tells him to follow his heart and put his trust in Mirabel and Mario because thats what he has done his whole recruitment.

If Mario and his recruiting prowess can't pull kids here, I'm convinced no one can. We are doomed as a program
I'm trying to stay positive but I expected a little better finish. If they somehow get shemar ill be happy. If they strike out on all of em ill def be disappointed. Seems like its the same story every year. Also annoyed they havent hired a DC yet. Could be the difference for shemar

So miami closing with 2 three star projects to close signing day lol. Very golden/Shannon/diaz esque....ill reserve judgement bc Cristobal just got here but man that would suck. Class gna stay in the high 40s...Hopefully shemar surprises and picks miami
Anez isn't a lock, probably going to Auburn if they push (Auburn owns Mario).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Said it before and I will say it again. Kelly, Wes and Moss weren't coming without Mario. Everything after those guys is gravy. Transition classes are transition classes for a reason. Got some studs coming in this class and we got some solid portal guys coming in as well. Anyone that we got out of Shemar, Connerly, Iuli, Mccoy, Moten, Cooper, etc. is house money that we had no shot at before Mario.

Advertisement
Said it before and I will say it again. Kelly, Wes and Moss weren't coming without Mario. Everything after those guys is gravy. Transition classes are transition classes for a reason. Got some studs coming in this class and we got some solid portal guys coming in as well. Anyone that we got out of Shemar, Connerly, Iuli, Mccoy, Moten, Cooper, etc. is house money that we had no shot at before Mario.
How convenient that everything after the guys singed are gravy….yea sure.

Why is it hard to admit Mario isn’t recruiting to the level most here told us he would?

we didn't even know either of these two kids existed two months ago. "nightmare finish" isn't close to being accurate
Somewhat agree on that if they can close with shemar. If they miss out on everyone and finish with 2 projects it wouldn't be a nightmare finish but a disappointing finish for sure

Advertisement
Back