2022 FORMER Oregon Commit Dave luli; Sticks with Oregon

Look, the Mario honeymoon on this board should be over. He had a great couple weeks before early NSD landing guys that never would have come here to play for Manny, but make a ton of sense as Miami type recruits. I’m happy he’s the coach. I believe in him. I’m done falling for blind optimism. You should too.

Is Mario going to win every recruiting battle? Not until we start winning games. Is he going to sign any coach he wants? Not until we start winning games.

But to be fair, he should largely get a pass on recruiting this year. He’s only had a month and a half to convince guys he was recruiting to Oregon for years to come down to Miami. Not to mention he’s doing it with half a staff. Next years class we will (hopefully) see the Mario affect. But it would be smart for all of us to reel back expectation. It’s like we said for every other coach before Mario, win and they’ll come.

Advertisement
we didn't even know either of these two kids existed two months ago. "nightmare finish" isn't close to being accurate

We didn’t have any prospects to be in on two months ago. Mario did know both those kids and knew them well. Iuli has essentially been a soft commit for weeks now it seems and now the day before he’s flipping? Yeah, that’s not a great finish.

Teams that don’t finish strong always have an excuse but if we ever want to get ‘back’ he needs to win these. This isn’t $4m Al Golden or Manny. Mario was given $80m as a commitment to just him and likely $100m everywhere else for a reason. He spread himself too thin by not hiring a staff and relied on off field local analysts who couldn’t aid in recruiting national kids.

Some of you posters are the absolute worst. Phucking crying cause Mario isn’t landing a couple guys with one month to work with. Iuli is from the west coast was going to be a hard pull either way.

Miami just had a terrible year, fired their coaches and Mario is trying to clean it up. 2022 class was always a wash. Just cause you all got caught up in the hype to start crying now. This is recruiting and how it goes.

2023 is the real first class for Mario and what he can be judged on. Maybe some of you are new here or don’t understand recruiting/translation classes but you Debbie downers must be miserable people in real life.

Mario will have to hit the portal and hit a top 10 class for 2023. Nothing has changed because Iuli might not be coming.

Advertisement
Said it before and I will say it again. Kelly, Wes and Moss weren't coming without Mario. Everything after those guys is gravy. Transition classes are transition classes for a reason. Got some studs coming in this class and we got some solid portal guys coming in as well. Anyone that we got out of Shemar, Connerly, Iuli, Mccoy, Moten, Cooper, etc. is house money that we had no shot at before Mario.
Don't you know how it works here? The ones we do get don't matter the second they sign, the focus is then on who we don't get and how the world is falling apart. You get no credit for any of those wins.

D4340711-15D5-4914-BA3C-82030214734D.gif

Advertisement
After ESD we had one of top highest star average in America.

We added some solid transfers from
Big power 5 programs minus Moultrie.

Ladson-Clemson
J.Litch-Southern Cal
Parrish-Ole Miss
Logan S.-Oregon
Moultrie-UAB

Any kids from west coast is a big ask, and now are always going to be a threat to transfer back home after 1 year.

Luli was always going to be house money imo.

Advertisement
we didn't even know either of these two kids existed two months ago. "nightmare finish" isn't close to being accurate
Please dont respond with logic and reasoning. LOL. ****, throw Moten and Thomas in there too. They werent even on our Big board AT ALL. The only recruit that we have left on the board that we had on the radar prior to Mario coming was Shemar and he was giving us the side-eye... All these other kids crawled out of a sewer and now fans are acting like its a huge disappointment. LOL. Smh. Beggars and choosers, I tell ya.

Somewhat agree on that if they can close with shemar. If they miss out on everyone and finish with 2 projects it wouldn't be a nightmare finish but a disappointing finish for sure
Who are the 2 projects and who are the talent evaluators that concluded they are projects? Asking for a friend..

Ya'll cry a lot. The man literally just got the gig. Got us elite recruits that weren't even considering us. He's building out the trenches. Trying to close strong and y'all are whining. Y'all ungrateful SOB's need to shut the fvck up and let the man cook. Dude is one recruit, that could possibly be the portal next year anyway. Listen, does it suck, yea...But Mario trying to build out a derelict program that has fallen to the forgotten in Miami. I'm not saying he's the savior, but ****, y'all going to give him at least one full year. ****! SMH lol

Advertisement
I’ll check in with someone today. Would be a shocker to the staff as recent as Sunday

Clearly it’s not a hunch. There is some definitive information here for everyone to move the crystal ball. Just curious as to what “move” Oregon made…..is it bags?

Last edited:
Some of you posters are the absolute worst. Phucking crying cause Mario isn’t landing a couple guys with one month to work with. Iuli is from the west coast was going to be a hard pull either way.

Miami just had a terrible year, fired their coaches and Mario is trying to clean it up. 2022 class was always a wash. Just cause you all got caught up in the hype to start crying now. This is recruiting and how it goes.

2023 is the real first class for Mario and what he can be judged on. Maybe some of you are new here or don’t understand recruiting/translation classes but you Debbie downers must be miserable people in real life.

Mario will have to hit the portal and hit a top 10 class for 2023. Nothing has changed because Iuli might not be coming.
I agree with all of this. However, if you’re putting off finalizing your staff to focus on recruiting, then you need to have a return on that investment. We will be fine next year, but looking at the totality of what’s going on raises some questions. And it’s fair to ask those.

Advertisement
Back