Former NFL scout says D. Henry is a 4th rounder

I agree with the scout. There's nothing impressive about Henry. Not shifty enough for the next level and runs too high for my liking. Even with a good OL, I don't think he'd be anything special.

Advertisement
Saban runs these guys into the ground. By the time they get to the NFL they aren't that great.

Mark Ingram has had a tough time getting going but having decent year.

Richardson enough said. ..

Tj Yeldon too early to say

RBs, regardless of talent, are just not as valued in NFL offenses as they were in the past. Besides Adrian Peterson, can you think of a consistent "super star" running back? A must have for a squad? Not an athlete who was good, but one where the defense schemed towards stopping them?

It would seem today's pro game values QBs and OLs as the "#1" position group; and I would argue the latter and not the former (as a whole) is really what makes an offense move the ball down the field. In the pass heavy attacks of most NFL offensive plans, the RB is just another capability in moving the chains.

Regardless of how talented or not Henry is, he might not hear his name called until past the 2d round.

Le'veon Bell. But I agree with your overall sentiment.

Henry doesn't need wiggle. He's almost 240 pounds. He's a one cut and go back. Henry reminds me of a smaller Brandon Jacobs who was taken in the 4th round. Where he goes will depend on team needs and draft order.

RBs, regardless of talent, are just not as valued in NFL offenses as they were in the past. Besides Adrian Peterson, can you think of a consistent "super star" running back? A must have for a squad? Not an athlete who was good, but one where the defense schemed towards stopping them?

It would seem today's pro game values QBs and OLs as the "#1" position group; and I would argue the latter and not the former (as a whole) is really what makes an offense move the ball down the field. In the pass heavy attacks of most NFL offensive plans, the RB is just another capability in moving the chains.

Regardless of how talented or not Henry is, he might not hear his name called until past the 2d round.

Le'veon Bell. But I agree with your overall sentiment.

Jamal Charles

Advertisement
Henry is a great college back. Cook and Elliott will be better NFL backs.

Imagine Cook with a team that has an elite passing game? Pats, Cards, etc?

He would be unstoppable.

I'd like to see him in Tennessee with Mariota. Assuming they find the right HC who will run some read-option, that offense would be deadly.

Mariota is my favorite player. Respect.

Agreed. If, Tennessee can get an actual OL and some weapons around him, they will be dangerous for a long time.

I wouldnt take a rb until the third round period. To many good ones out their either in free agents or in college to waste a first or second round draft pick on a rb.

Advertisement
Henry is a great college back. Cook and Elliott will be better NFL backs.

He would be unstoppable.

I'd like to see him in Tennessee with Mariota. Assuming they find the right HC who will run some read-option, that offense would be deadly.

Agreed. If, Tennessee can get an actual OL and some weapons around him, they will be dangerous for a long time.

And a D that doesn't blow leads

He would be unstoppable.

And a D that doesn't blow leads

Eh I don't blame their defense for how bad the team is. LeBeau/Horton have done miracles to that defense. The secondary is garbage with McCourty and Cox missing of games but the front 7 is very good. Need to improve the secondary but otherwise pretty good.

I agree with the scout. Runs upright and tall. Easier to get hit at the line and tackled. Tall backs do not do well in the NFL. Alabama backs are always over rated.

Advertisement
Back