Former NFL scout says D. Henry is a 4th rounder

he is not shifty at all..he is jut a straight down hill runner

not many bama players become good nfl players...Amari cooper was just a stud
they got a couple linebackers...but their system is build to win in college but they suck in the nfl

Advertisement
Bama rbs seems to be like USC receivers...ball in college cause they bigger...pros they just don't have a second gear, maxed out, or that 'it'...Henry prob should have played LB for futures

Laughing out loud literally to anyone that thinks he goes that low

He will go 2nd rd only because rb s are not the pop pick they once were

Advertisement
Sounds about right. Likely 3rd round, or slipping to early 4th. Teams will still be wary of running backs high. Gurley looks excellent but it's a split since Gordon has been a big disappointment. He looks small and mostly irrelevant.

The comparison to Christian Okoye is not too bad. Henry is a smaller younger version with more wiggle and speed. Okoye was something like 26 years old as a rookie. Henry has the same hunched-over Lurch style with only one gear. That's not going to translate well to the NFL unless he finds the perfect fit.

Henry is dangerous once he gets to the second level.

In the NFL, he's not gonna have the humongous holes to run through and pick up speed like he has at Bama.

Unless he gets picked by the Cowboys or Panthers, which both have schemes that run the ball downhill, he will be average.

Even then, NFL defenses are so big and fast, he would have a hard time shining.

This isn't the NFL of the late 70's and 80's, where Earl Campbell and John Riggins were bigger and faster than a lot of the D players.

Nowadays, NFL defenses are full of big, fast players that'll knock a fool out.

Advertisement
I want I RB who sees the hole and hit it quickly. He will get tackled in the backfield a lot. If you put him behind a great run blocking line he should be ok. But in the NFL u usually have to break a bunch of tackles in the backfield and I don't think he does that or u have to hit the hole real fast, he doesn't do that either

Only Alabama running back to amount to much in the pros recently is Lacy, until this season. Henry is too tall for a running back in the NFL. He will be an easy target for linebackers. Doubt he amounts to much in the pros.

RBs, regardless of talent, are just not as valued in NFL offenses as they were in the past. Besides Adrian Peterson, can you think of a consistent "super star" running back? A must have for a squad? Not an athlete who was good, but one where the defense schemed towards stopping them?

It would seem today's pro game values QBs and OLs as the "#1" position group; and I would argue the latter and not the former (as a whole) is really what makes an offense move the ball down the field. In the pass heavy attacks of most NFL offensive plans, the RB is just another capability in moving the chains.

Regardless of how talented or not Henry is, he might not hear his name called until past the 2d round.

Advertisement
Anyone else reminded of Eddie George?
Eddie George with less wiggle.

Although George ran for over 10,000 yards I saw him as an average back.
Career 3.6 yards per carry.

Last edited:
He better be more versed in blitz pick-up, pass protection than Trent Richardson, because if he isn't that will cost him a nice chunk of change. I don't think the Bama backs are the sharpest knives in the drawer. Over/under on Wonderlic I put at 10.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
The desire to draft a running back in the first round has greatly diminished in the NFL. With the read option and the short, precise passing game, the need for a bruising-every down back has become less desirable. Unless you are the Steelers or the Cowboys.

Advertisement
Back