Former Miami RB gets a fresh start with Louisville (article)

I should have probably re phrased that. Running back recruits usually don't want to be half worn down before they enter the draft. NFL teams will draft heavy workload guys because they know they won't resign them once their cheap rookie contract expires. If a running back wants that lucrative second contract, the more tread left on the tires, the better.
I know what you're saying - but IMO this is more a theory than what actually happens in practice.

I don't know of NFL team that bases giving a RB a 2nd contract based on if they had 200 carries in college vs 600.

Big recent 2nd contract guys like Henry, Chubb, McCaffery, Cook, Ekeler, Taylor, Jones - all had huge College & NFL workloads.

If you're a special talent, you're going to want to the ball a lot, and you're going to get the ball a lot.

I agree with you that outside of those special "Top 10 in the NFL" type talents, NFL teams will just move on to a younger option because it's usually not hard to find similar talent for much cheaper. But even lower Tier RB's, I don't think their college workload is really taken into account when given 2nd contracts.

Advertisement
Lmao - everybody has been riding Harbaugh’s junk on this board saying he’s light years ahead Cristobal. Yet, the national championship team’s offense can kick rocks??? I thought the narrative for Cristobal was just win baby!
I can't believe I have to explain this again.

Michigan's offense was not good.

They didn't win the championship because they had a good offense.

Watch games besides the national championship game.

I don't want the 67th ranked offense in FBS.

That's only a recipe for success if you have the nation's best defense and a ridiculous turnover differential. If Michigan's defense was a notch below and they weren't incredibly lucky with turnovers, they would have been an 8 or 9 win team.

IMO the Michigan & Georgia NC's were won based on having dominant defenses. They're offenses weren't good but not special, but a more grind it out ball control approach works well when paired with a great D. But they wouldn't be NC's without dominant D's.

Before them the LSU & Alabama teams were offensive juggernauts who won by crushing you with offensive talent.

It goes in waves and there's all different ways to win. There only common theme I see is get as much talent as you can on both sides of the ball.
Georgia's offense in 2022 was dominant. It was in 2023 too. (I know they missed the playoff but you're still talking about 40 points and 500 yards per game.

The Chaney we recruited and the Chaney we had did not have the same ability. As others said, best of luck to him except when he plays us.

Georgia's offense in 2022 was dominant. It was in 2023 too. (I know they missed the playoff but you're still talking about 40 points and 500 yards per game.
You're right in calling them dominant Offenses.

I guess I was thinking more from a talent perspective - those Georgia offenses couldn't match the talent level of a 2018-2020 Alabama or 2019 LSU.

Even 2021 Alabama blew out Georgia with WR's Jameson Williams & John Metchie in the SECCG, but lost in the NC when those guys were hurt. IMO Alabama wins if they play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stat probably only I find interesting:

Lorenzo Lingard receiving yds in 2023 - 368 yds
All Miami RB's combined receiving yds last 2 years - 363 yds
I mean that’s more of an OC stat than an individual player stat.

UFag’s and Billy Gapier’s offense was dink and dunk. It included screens and underneath routes and wheels all involving the RB. Where our offense didn’t/doesn’t know that RBs and TEs are eligible receivers.

Advertisement
If Fletcher has a lisfranc injury, that's a mid-foot issue, and requires one to be totally off that foot for a while.

While the inactivity isn't good, and his conditioning will take a hit, the good thing is that it's an injury that does heal with time. Let's hope his body cooperates with that process.

Advertisement
Stat probably only I find interesting:

Lorenzo Lingard receiving yds in 2023 - 368 yds
All Miami RB's combined receiving yds last 2 years - 363 yds
Interesting tidbit. He had 3 career receptions in the previous four seasons

I know you’re being sarcastic but I believe we need to make a major change in our running game philosophy.

I’m so tired of this running back by committee situation. We have enough talent in the room to find “THE” guy and run with him primarily. Who ever emerges as the best running back should get 75% of the snaps. We have enough talent in the RB room to find that guy and finally eat behind our OL strength. I’m a big believer in feeding RB1 and giving him continuity. Letting him feel the ups and downs of the game. Giving equal reps to 4rbs during a game may? Keep them fresher but ruins the flow of plays throughout the game.
If the Detroit Lions can have two RBs go for 1K yards, AND keep their guys fresh AND have a QB pass for over 4K yards - why is it again that we can’t have guys share the rock and stay fresh???

Advertisement
Interesting tidbit. He had 3 career receptions in the previous four seasons

Yeah - he also only had 46 carries his first 4 years (5 if you count his RS year).

I don't hold any bad feelings towards transfers. It was good to see him get some actual playing time in his final year.

Yeah - he also only had 46 carries his first 4 years (5 if you count his RS year).

I don't hold any bad feelings towards transfers. It was good to see him get some actual playing time in his final year.
Usually I don't care if players transfer. Especially if they're just trying to get playing time they're not getting here. But....Lingard bashed Miami on his way out the door to a rival program so I'm glad his career ended up in Akron.

Usually I don't care if players transfer. Especially if they're just trying to get playing time they're not getting here. But....Lingard bashed Miami on his way out the door to a rival program so I'm glad his career ended up in Akron.
I totally get that, and that's fair. Especially when the dude transfers to a rival.

Another Lingard stat that cracks me up (I can't help myself):

- Lorenzo Lingard averaged 4.0 ypc - 9 of his 10 career games vs P5 teams
- Mark Walton averaged 4.0 ypc - 6 of his 22 career games vs P5 teams

Walton is the gift that keeps on giving

Advertisement
Back