Former Miami RB gets a fresh start with Louisville (article)

Fletcher has a lis franc injury. We can't rush him back. If he rehabs well,yes good chance he's the starter. The room has several huge upside guys. I'm looking forward to seeing if citizen is ready to step up.
It's not out of the question by any means but 2 years on the shelf with the injuries he's had is tough to overcome.... Like you said hopefully he can step up...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know you’re being sarcastic but I believe we need to make a major change in our running game philosophy.

I’m so tired of this running back by committee situation. We have enough talent in the room to find “THE” guy and run with him primarily. Who ever emerges as the best running back should get 75% of the snaps. We have enough talent in the RB room to find that guy and finally eat behind our OL strength. I’m a big believer in feeding RB1 and giving him continuity. Letting him feel the ups and downs of the game. Giving equal reps to 4rbs during a game may? Keep them fresher but ruins the flow of plays throughout the game.
There's only man who can make that decision.

Right behind Robert Burns and Trayone Gray, but the voting is close. True game changers.

Burns - in all seriousness though - was a game changer off the field with the work he did in the community.
The difference between Chaney and those guys is that Chaney actually produced. He has more career yards than Burns and Gray combined. He's been good when healthy but unfortunately he's rarely healthy.

The difference between Chaney and those guys is that Chaney actually produced. He has more career yards than Burns and Gray combined. He's been good when healthy but unfortunately he's rarely healthy.
Chaney played in 11 games this season, the only games he didn't play was UVA & Rutgers. He was pretty healthy for most of the season.

He had 1 game over 100yds & only 2 games over 80.

He's average & has been average for the entirety of his career. That's why a TF RB with very little wiggle & 4.5/4.6 speed came in & took most of his carries.

People just decided they liked him so they've given him a pass, but he's hasn't shown anything to warrant the support he gets on here, except for the fact that our fans always fall in love with mediocre players.

Advertisement
Chaney played in 11 games this season, the only games he didn't play was UVA & Rutgers. He was pretty healthy for most of the season.

He's average & has been average for the entirety of his career. That's why a TF RB with very little wiggle & 4.5/4.6 speed came in & took most of his carries.

People just decided they liked him so they've given him a pass, but he's hasn't shown anything to warrant the support he gets on here, except for the fact that our fans always fall in love with mediocre players.
He was a productive RB2 this year. Anyone who thinks he's some kind of Barry Sanders clone doesn't watch the games. I liked him as a running back option. That said, we'll be just fine without him. Good but not special player like most of the RB room.

I believe most of us fans have just been deprived for so long of what truly really special players look like. I was a fan of Chaney due to some of the flash plays being the best of the worst compared to the other guys in the room. So it was more of a potential thing if he could stay healthy. Where as the other guys were more consistent and played more. I'm not necessarily freaking out about him leaving, but hoping Fletcher can get healthy.

Advertisement

Eh....that's true.......We all love the Canes and the Canes have been filled with mediocre players for the last 20 years..

Chaney would have been much better here had he not gotten the 2 major injuries.

It slowed his growth, and his speed and wiggle some. He put on little too much weight.

If he does stay healthy he can be very productive at Louisville this season. His health has been his #1 issue IMO.

I wish he would've stayed at Miami and competed. His 2 seasons he was healthy he had 162 carries/800 yards/4.9 ave./5 TDs. He added 16 catches/168 yards receiving. The first being a true freshman, and the last coming off back to back years of major injuries. He was more naturally gifted player than anyone in our RB room last year with 4.4 laser 40 and a 38-39" vertical in high school.

Advertisement
The Greatest RB in the history of Miami.

1st round draft pick & future HOF'er.
saturday night live snl GIF

As big as he was (pause) and a five star coming out of HS. And bama ain’t after you I question if he was really that 5 star. Unless he wasn’t a 5 star but I remember him being one or I’m crazy. Good luck to him though

Advertisement
Back