Former FSU WR Travis Rudolph arrested on 1st Degree Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

Are you trying to say that the "But she started it" defense doesn't work outside of elementary school?
I haven't followed the case, looks like a train wreck all around, but if there were two loaded guns in the car, and Rudolph can get the jury to think the guys in the car were aiming at him, seems possible he could get off. No? I've seen crazier jury results.

Advertisement
I’m curious about how this even went to trial. There’s no way that they collected all of this and still logically say that he didn’t act in self defens.

I’m curious about how this even went to trial. There’s no way that they collected all of this and still logically say that he didn’t act in self defens.

Not necessarily. Is there any evidence that Rudolph KNEW of any of that? I don't care if those guys had a bazooka under the seat of their car that they never pull out to use, if Rudolph doesn't know that, it's not "self-defense".

The defense is definitely using all of that stuff to try for jury nullification.

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
I haven't followed the case, looks like a train wreck all around, but if there were two loaded guns in the car, and Rudolph can get the jury to think the guys in the car were aiming at him, seems possible he could get off. No? I've seen crazier jury results.
I mean a Florida jury did comeback with a not guilty verdict for Casey Anthony so anything is possible

The Baba Yaga witch trial…no one left alive to judge.
I disagree. In the state of Florida specifically, the precedence had been set by George Zimmerman in the Martian case when we followed Trayvon and shot him because he felt threatened and stand your ground was upheld. This is clear cut self defense with the harassing texts, camera footage and testimony. I expect him to be found not guilty based on a prior precedence already being set. In this case, there was a clear cut act of aggression toward the man on trial.

Advertisement
I'm tempted tp say more. But, I'll refrain.

The judge needs to get control of his court room, though.

The thing that may get him IMO is the apparent 39 rounds he fired at people who were leaving in a vehicle. Seems .....excessive....
Rudy ought be on trial for sending 39 rounds and only neutralizing 1 zero/three meter target outta 4.

Its all tough guy with a gun until he can't effectively employ his weapon.

#MyManNeedsSomeRangeTime

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
I used to live 5-10 minutes from where this happened before i moved to Lake worth last year. They need to free that man. The byych got her brother killed.

Advertisement

It has been explained for pages.

The "stand your ground" defense was denied. The "self defense" defense is highly likely to fail. The "but she is crazy" defense is non-existent.

The defense is likely hoping for jury nullification, but some people on this board think there is some sort of non-existent "justification" or "excuse" ground, just because the woman is problematic.

A person was killed when Rudolph went BACK INSIDE of his house, retrieved a gun, and chased down people who were leaving and fired over 30 shots. All of that doesn't disappear because "she started it".

I understand that some people want to find a valid emotional reason for letting Rudolph go free, but that doesn't match up to the legal arguments.

Someone earlier was talking about the "George Zimmerman precedent", without even understanding what "precedent" is and means.

I'm not saying Rudolph goes to jail, but he doesn't have much of a legal case.

It has been explained for pages.

The "stand your ground" defense was denied. The "self defense" defense is highly likely to fail. The "but she is crazy" defense is non-existent.

The defense is likely hoping for jury nullification, but some people on this board think there is some sort of non-existent "justification" or "excuse" ground, just because the woman is problematic.

A person was killed when Rudolph went BACK INSIDE of his house, retrieved a gun, and chased down people who were leaving and fired over 30 shots. All of that doesn't disappear because "she started it".

I understand that some people want to find a valid emotional reason for letting Rudolph go free, but that doesn't match up to the legal arguments.

Someone earlier was talking about the "George Zimmerman precedent", without even understanding what "precedent" is and means.

I'm not saying Rudolph goes to jail, but he doesn't have much of a legal case.
Zimmerman case is exactly right. He stalked and harrassed Martin then killed him. I see no difference. But its always gonna be the same, laws applied differently whem u have the complexion for protection. Dont care who mad. I seen both situations.

Zimmerman case is exactly right. He stalked and harrassed Martin then killed him. I see no difference. But its always gonna be the same, laws applied differently whem u have the complexion for protection. Dont care who mad. I seen both situations.

Oh good lord, that's complete bull****.

You're not listening. You're only hearing what you want to hear. The George Zimmerman case isn't "precedent", and the person who said that doesn't even understand what "precedent" is.

Rudolph doesn't have a legal defense. He MIGHT not be convicted, he MIGHT not go to jail, but it's not because he has a proper legal justification or excuse for what he did.

But, sure, keep acting like this is about his ethnicity. It's not.

The fact that you "see no difference" is frightening. The two situations (Rudolph and Zimmerman) are completely different.

And for the record, Zimmerman committed murder and lied about the self-defense circumstances. In 2012, I lived a few hundred yards from where that happened, and the claims of a "local crime problem" were asbolute falsehoods.

While nothing can erase past history, laws are now (belatedly) being applied more even-handedly. Kevin Monahan, a 65 year old white man, was just indicted in New York for murder for firing at a car in his driveway and killing a 20 year old woman.

And THAT case is a lot closer to what Rudolph did than the facts of the George Zimmerman case.

I disagree. In the state of Florida specifically, the precedence had been set by George Zimmerman in the Martian case when we followed Trayvon and shot him because he felt threatened and stand your ground was upheld. This is clear cut self defense with the harassing texts, camera footage and testimony. I expect him to be found not guilty based on a prior precedence already being set. In this case, there was a clear cut act of aggression toward the man on trial.
Wow, that’s pretty deep for a John Wick reference. Sorry, I was on a different page.

What are disagreeing with? That Baba Yaga actually means boogeyman…when it really refers to a witch? Maybe my timing was just bad. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back