Former FSU WR Travis Rudolph arrested on 1st Degree Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna keep it a buck. Sounds like a bad situation. Dude should walk.

Either these goons were simps or she was cheating on him with one of the assailants. Then the thot sets him up. He should have went OJ.
He should walk? He shot at a fleeing car in a residential neighborhood. You understand that's how innocent toddlers get f>cking shot while sleeping in bed right? He should walk? Educate yourself. Click the tweet. 70+ examples of innocent children murdered by f>cking pieces of sh>t like rudolph. He should walk? You disgust me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was charged with First Degree Murder. Shooting at 4 dudes jumping you IS NOT 1st degree murder

Yes it is, if time passes (and a retreat is made) in between the "jump" and the shooting.

Again, since there are nearly zero specifics on the altercation itself (and everything anyone says is pure speculation), it seems fair to point out that his mug shot does not seem to evidence much in the way of a "jumping" that required a person to use "self-defense".

Fistfights have been taking place for hundreds of years. That doesn't create a legal justification to use deadly force, such as a gun or a knife. Regardless of all this "street justice" posturing. How has "street justice" worked out as a legal defense over the past 60 years?

Had he answered the door gun in hand and made it clear that he intended to use deadly force in the event of any movement in his direction, then he'd have been justified in using deadly force if they decided to engage. That's how stand your ground works. Instead he decided to be a f<cking tough guy, stepped outside and took part in mutual combat. At that point he was still ok. After all, they came to his residence looking for trouble. It was the point at which he broke contact, went inside and subsequently fired at the FLEEING vehicle that he became a sh<tbag and a murderer.

Advertisement
Doesn't first degree murder charge have to be "premeditated"???

Not necessarily. Certainly not in the way that many people interpret the word "premeditation" to be some sort of Columbo-type elaborately-planned murder.

There is no magic time limit for premeditation. Again, not knowing all the details, but IF IF IF he walked away, got a gun, and came back to shoot someone, that may become sufficient time for "premeditation", from a legal standpoint.

He should walk? He shot at a fleeing car in a residential neighborhood. You understand that's how innocent toddlers get f>cking shot while sleeping in bed right? He should walk? Educate yourself. Click the tweet. 70+ examples of innocent children murdered by f>cking pieces of sh>t like rudolph. He should walk? You disgust me.

Lots of SJWs on this thread. Street Justice Warriors.

I heard Rudolph and the GF got into a physical altercation, and that's when she called her people.

Now if my sister calls me and says a dude is putting his hands on her, "I'm 'bout that action, boss"...but I'm not a cop.

She should've called the cops, she screwed up.

Again, I'm willing to be open-minded if there is anything on video or audio, but here is a newspaper account of some of the relevant facts:

"At some point, witnesses allege Rudolph went into his home, got a rifle and started shooting as the group ran back to their car in an attempt to flee. One witness said Rudolph chased down the car and continued to fire at them.

The vehicle eventually stopped near 40th Street after witnesses said the car could not drive anymore from the damage it sustained while driving away from the shooting. The extent of the damage was not indicated in the PBSO report."

Oh, and people need to stop connecting this to Rudolph's father.

"A year later [2017], Rudolph's father was killed at a Florida nightclub after a gun was accidentally discharged, with the bullet going through a wall and striking Darryl Rudolph in the back as he was conducting repairs in another room."

Advertisement
I heard Rudolph and the GF got into a physical altercation, and that's when she called her people.

Now if my sister calls me and says a dude is putting his hands on her, "I'm 'bout that action, boss"...but I'm not a cop.

She should've called the cops, she screwed up.

Rudolph should have called the cops as well. He screwed up.

She called Her people.

She called people that aren't experienced in dealing with domestic situations.

She turned a highly volatile situation into a raging inferno.

She screwed up.

So you are repeating yourself, as if you have addressed what I said.

Her "calling people" is not a crime.

Him going back into the house to get a rifle, then coming outside to shoot at people who are running away, is, in fact, a crime.

Two people made mistakes. One was a dumb mistake that is not a crime. One was a huge mistake that is a crime and may land him in jail for life.

Lots of things happen in life. At some point, people have to take responsibility to do the right thing by not continuing to escalate a situation.

He screwed up far worse than she screwed up. On top of which, nobody has any idea of whether she instructed anyone to do anything. You are acting as if she, by explaining a situation where she was in a fight, is the one who gets blamed? Ridiculous. Women who get into altercations should just keep their mouths shut? That is what you are saying here.

Women who get into altercations should just keep their mouths shut? That is what you are saying here.

Of course not.

What I'm saying, again, is that she called people who have no experience or authority to deal with domestic situations...she made a bad situation worse.

Nowhere in my post did I say Rudolph shouldn't be the one that takes ultimate responsibility.

Advertisement
Of course not.

What I'm saying, again, is that she called people who have no experience or authority to deal with domestic situations...she made a bad situation worse.

Nowhere in my post did I say Rudolph shouldn't be the one that takes ultimate responsibility.

But you (or anybody) don't know what the call was about or what was discussed. If you (or anybody) got into a fight with someone (and, for the moment, assume you got the worst end of it), it is not unusual to confide in a family member or a friend. I am actually acknowledging that I do NOT know all the facts (nor does anyone outside of law enforcement), so if you can provide an "Eric the Midget - you know what to do" tape where she instructed four people to do violence against Travis Rudolph, then I could potentially agree with the assessment of her "making a mistake". Until then, the simple issue is that Rudolph made the far, far greater mistake, in not calling police when FOUR guys were at his front door.

It's funny, we sit here on this board and post stories about when a woman gets beat up or sexually assaulted, and all the wannabe alpha males start to claim that "if that was my daughter/girlfriend/wife, I would beat that guy within an inch of his life". And maybe sometimes guys actually follow through on those kinds of protective actions. That doesn't mean that the woman wanted or asked for the situation to escalate, just because she shared the details of an act of aggression against her.

I will also point out some of the things that have been REPORTED (and, again, I'll keep an open mind if the investigation discovers facts that contradict the early reports), but it has been REPORTED that the four guys were not armed, and the way that they turned and ran to the car (and were not, say, INSIDE of the home) gives off the FEELING that maybe these four guys were not the hardest-core guys in the world, that maybe they WERE just there to talk, and maybe were NOT there to "jump" Rudolph.

Look, that's just a cursory review of what has been reported thus far. I'll be interested in what the investigation turns up, but Rudolph is in serious trouble over something that could easily have been avoided.

Advertisement
But you (or anybody) don't know what the call was about or what was discussed. If you (or anybody) got into a fight with someone (and, for the moment, assume you got the worst end of it), it is not unusual to confide in a family member or a friend. I am actually acknowledging that I do NOT know all the facts (nor does anyone outside of law enforcement), so if you can provide an "Eric the Midget - you know what to do" tape where she instructed four people to do violence against Travis Rudolph, then I could potentially agree with the assessment of her "making a mistake". Until then, the simple issue is that Rudolph made the far, far greater mistake, in not calling police when FOUR guys were at his front door.

It's funny, we sit here on this board and post stories about when a woman gets beat up or sexually assaulted, and all the wannabe alpha males start to claim that "if that was my daughter/girlfriend/wife, I would beat that guy within an inch of his life". And maybe sometimes guys actually follow through on those kinds of protective actions. That doesn't mean that the woman wanted or asked for the situation to escalate, just because she shared the details of an act of aggression against her.

I will also point out some of the things that have been REPORTED (and, again, I'll keep an open mind if the investigation discovers facts that contradict the early reports), but it has been REPORTED that the four guys were not armed, and the way that they turned and ran to the car (and were not, say, INSIDE of the home) gives off the FEELING that maybe these four guys were not the hardest-core guys in the world, that maybe they WERE just there to talk, and maybe were NOT there to "jump" Rudolph.

Look, that's just a cursory review of what has been reported thus far. I'll be interested in what the investigation turns up, but Rudolph is in serious trouble over something that could easily have been avoided.

But chicks do that all the time. They get into an argument with a guy and call their brother, cousin, boyfriend etc because she feel disrespected. Lots of guys have been jumped or shot over that.

It’s one of the reasons people complain about trying to maintain the privileges chivalry while simultaneously saying it’s ok for a woman to behave any kind of way.

There are many women that are masculine, combative, and disrespectful. They start altercations with men but since they don’t have the physical power to back up their aggression, they call a gang of head knockers in to do their bidding with a half truth (at best) story.

I haven’t seen any facts that you can use to judge Rudolf or the woman involved. There are so many scenarios. Rudolf could have been the aggressor bullying and berating the girl for not accepting sexual advances. She could be an ex he dumped for being crazy and she started an altercation, crossed the line, and provoked him saying some stuff to her that was unnecessary. She could have physically assaulted him. We don’t know.

We haven’t even gotten to the numerous scenarios that lead to shots being fired. All any of us can say is that it is a sad situation, because it is.

If they were shot in the back...it wont be manslaughter....2nd degree

I agree.

But there are different ways you can get shot in the back, especially with multiple alleged attackers. Depending on the facts, they could determine it happened due to recklessness as opposed to malice, which could get a reduced charge.

Here we go again with the "sad" bullsh>t. Seriously, what in the actual f<ck is wrong with you people? This piece of sh>t fired a gun into a crowd vehicle full of people in a residential neighborhood...killing one. The only sad thing is that he wasn't chased down, caught and executed on site by the multiple residents of the community that he placed in mortal danger with his deplorable act.

Edit: I edited my comment to more accurately reflect the actual event that took place.

lol The fake outrage :jordan:

So Rudolph gets into a dispute with his girlfriend.

Hours later, a car riding four deep of dudes show up at his door “to talk”. He gets “immediately combative and confrontational”. A fight breaks out. Rudolph grabs his gun and starts firing at the car as they “leave”.

There is so much to unpack here I don’t even want to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back