Former FSU WR Travis Rudolph arrested on 1st Degree Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
In other news, the decedent's mother has filed a civil suit against Rudolph, Rudolph's mother and brother, Keishaun Jones (brother of Dominique and author of the text that called Travis a dead man walking), and Keishaun and Dominique's mother.

Dominique and the guy who showed up at the Rudolph house with his shirt off and with a gun in his pocket were not named in the civil suit.

One of the dudes already admitted he had the gun in his pocket....wasnt thrown from the car he had it supposedly and was running when rudolph came out with his ak....

rudolph is saying he came out witht he ak because they were then beating up hisbrother after assaulting him.

This 1 is interesting.....want to see the results and uproar after.

Its crazy to think the chic caused all of this and she is pretty much scott free in this all..with no charges of anything and has caused the death of her brothers friend...and likely rudolphs jail time....based on a str8 up lie to start the whole thing off.
This situation and the Hodges’ home invasion are crazy. ***** has some serious power

You dumb fat *****.

What did you think was going to happen?

And how come she’s getting off for FREE in this case? At what point do they become liable for the actions of others (serious question)?

Not sure if that will ever happen ^

You can falsely accuse someone of assault, rape, etc., ruin their lives, and walk away like nothing ever happened.

You'd think cops would be upset about someone wasting their time and lying, but they dgaf, and neither does society as a whole.

Advertisement
Go back and read. Reading is fundamental.

Someone said "very violent intentions". Read all the words. Use all the words. He intended it to mean they were armed, they had guns, they were willing to murder a guy.

A fight? A FIGHT? Fights happen all the time.

I seriously wonder about the courage and manhood of some of the people who post on this board, who go insane because of a SUCKER PUNCH and then act like that justifies firing 39 shots into peoples' backs in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

It's just ridiclous. Let me know how your "but officer, he SUCKER-PUNCHED ME" defense goes the next time you blast off 39 shots that end up killing a guy.

"Violent intentions were acted upon". ******* hilarious.

Man up. A guy ******* a married woman and cheating on her got his butt whooped. But, yeah, he should have gone John Wick in a residential neighborhood.

Just send me the link to the news article when you do this, and then let me know how it all goes down for you. Because this MUST happen every day, right?

Bunch of tough-talking do-nothings on this board. At least if y'all are posting in here, you aren't shooting up residential neighborhoods.
Pretty well said. Haven’t been keeping up with this too much but I’ve managed to glance at an article or three during the trial. Having been in courtrooms for close to twenty years, and quite a few murder trials to boot, I can say it’s hard to see which way this one turns out.

As I mentioned I’ve not taken the time to familiarize myself with the intimate details of the case but it’s quite the cautionary tale. It’s never good when your stand your ground motion gets tossed. It’s even worse when you decide to leave the security of your residence in order to confront those who you’re “afraid” are going to do you harm.

Legally the question will be this and I apologize if it’s been touched on already. Did Rudolph see his brother getting beat down to the point he was in fear of great bodily harm which could have resulted in death or permanent injury? If so I’d say he was good to confront those who came to the residence with deadly force. The bigger issue it seems is when was that potential threat to his brother exhausted. If everyone is already in or running to the car I’d say the threat is absent with the exception of someone displaying or firing a weapon from the vehicle. Spraying lead into a fleeing vehicle in that case is criminal.

Don’t get me wrong. The GF and the macho ****birds who went to his mom’s house put themselves in the position they are in. Statutorily though it does not give anyone the right to fill a car with bullets absent a current threat coming from that vehicle. Even then you get into the grey area of a wanton disregard for others inside the vehicle but that’s another story.

I’ll finish by saying again just how cautionary of a tale this is. As the father of an elementary school boy I think of how to convey to him to stay clear of drama. There’s a million women who can suck a beach ball through a ****tail straw. Ones that get violent, crazy, and order others to do harm to you are not worth the time. Same can be said for Rudolph and his brother. Sometimes you get to live another free day if you drop your pride and machismo in order to make a good decision. I’ve always advocated for a law class, as basic as it may have to be, to be compulsory in high school to graduate. Bottom line is it’s not worth it, especially in this state and in this day and age.

Advertisement
Not sure if that will ever happen ^

You can falsely accuse someone of assault, rape, etc., ruin their lives, and walk away like nothing ever happened.

You'd think cops would be upset about someone wasting their time and lying, but they dgaf, and neither does society as a whole.
It's only illegal if you report it to the police. If you just go on TV, internet, etc and say "so and so raped me" it's not illegal.

It's only illegal if you report it to the police. If you just go on TV, internet, etc and say "so and so raped me" it's not illegal.

I'm speaking about people who have been arrested, processed, to court, etc.

I have yet to hear of one instance where charges were filed against a person (woman) making a false complaint - totally illegal, btw.

It's like nobody gives a **** about the innocent person/ party (man/men).

Advertisement
I'm speaking about people who have been arrested, processed, to court, etc.

I have yet to hear of one instance where charges were filed against a person (woman) making a false complaint - totally illegal, btw.

It's like nobody gives a **** about the innocent person/ party (man/men).
There’s always civil court. The falsely accused can always sue the accuser for defamation. There’s no burden of proof like criminal court. You just have to prove you “probably” didn’t do it. Having a “not guilty” verdict in criminal court would seem to be a bulletproof argument.

Dudes who don’t legally go after false accusers are as much to blame as victims who don’t go after rapists

There’s always civil court. The falsely accused can always sue the accuser for defamation. There’s no burden of proof like criminal court. You just have to prove you “probably” didn’t do it. Having a “not guilty” verdict in criminal court would seem to be a bulletproof argument.

Dudes who don’t legally go after false accusers are as much to blame as victims who don’t go after rapists

Fair enough but when does the system prosecute the real criminal in cases of false accusations, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back