Forgotten?

Adrian was also a highly recruited QB with offers from all over the place. Peyton had 0 P5 offers besides Miami.

I like how you also conveniently left out the fact that the majority of his Jr season was also cut short due to hurricane Harvey.

Advertisement
1. Yes, I mentioned this before.
2. We have 3 QB's currently competing but NONE have stood out.
3. N'Kosi has not performed in the games he had except the one FSU game.
4. Besides Trevor Lawrence Alabama has used true freshmen admirably the past couple years as have other teams.
5. There has to be a reason why Jarren Williams never got a shot with Rosier and Perry stinking up the games last year and then wanting to portal out of here. I hope he is confident that he is better then his competition and has not had a chance to perform yet. I'd rather him then Perry.
6. Peyton is 6' 4" and at 205 lbs still growing. Williams is 6' 2" 206. Perry is 6' 3" 176 (skinny as ****) and Martell is 5' 11" 210 and successful QB's fall more in the size of Peyton when looking at all 4. Now if one of the 3 had really impressed he would've been named and seeing if they work hard in the summer is the determination of who starts, that is weird?
In conclusion I seriously doubt Matocha wins the job and I expect Martell will start the first game. If that is the coaches decision and Martell craps the bed why would we think the other two would be better? Now if we could clone all three into one QB we'd have a winner and personally I hope one of the THREE shows us they deserve to start but I have my doubts. Matocha may be that clone, Tall, decent weight, big arm, quick release, and good scrambler.

Now go ahead and beat me up, but I am just concerned and thinking outside the box with a fourth option, a doubtful one but at least different.
Kosi was maybe 176 when he arrived at UM 2 years ago but he's probably 195 by now at minimum.

I like how you also conveniently left out the fact that the majority of his Jr season was also cut short due to hurricane Harvey.

Why would I mention it. The guy has 0 D1 offers besides us. There were other players that had their season ended yet they still got offers.

Why would I mention it. The guy has 0 P5 offers besides us. There were other players that had their season ended yet they still got offers.

1st of all he did have another P5 offer, which was FSU. 2nd of all that's not the pt. Missing a big portion of his Jr season prevented him from showcasing his full abilities was my pt. But more importantly he still managed to receive an offer from Craig Bohl @ Wyoming who helped develop 1st rd QBs Carson Wentz & Josh Allen

Last edited:
Advertisement
Might as well throw Augie Dibiasse in there while we're just making **** up.

I thought OP was going to make a real point like he had some kind of inside perspective on the quarterback competition. Then I read his assessment of the current QBs.

Not by me, love his quick release, accuracy and decision making.

Forgotten man: Matocha not giving up on showing he can be the guy at QB...
The three incumbents have not separated themselves, could this be the man? Took Clemson several games to realize Trevor was the man.

As you stated, he seems to be mobile, has good speed, is accurate, and has good arm strength. One question though, why was he only rated a 3*? From this video, he should have received at least a 4* rating. Either the ratings are way off or Enos is a great evaluator (i.e. QB whisperer!). Remains to be seen!

1st of all he did have another P5 offer, which was FSU. 2nd of all that's not the pt. Missing a big portion of his Jr season prevented him from showcasing his full abilities was my pt. But more importantly he still managed to receive an offer from Craig Bohl @ Wyoming who helped develop 1st rd QBs Carson Wentz & Josh Allen

I got news for you, you dealing with a guy who hates facts, he'll be back, he's trying to research something to try an dispute your last hard hitting fact, lol, stay tuned! When you talking to guys that use those nerd recruiting sites as their guide, they cant think outside the box!

Advertisement
Per the roster above he is 176, hope he has gained through the summer.

JAG based on what? The kid is a Texas state private champion in the high jump at 6'6". The kid is athletic. Let the kid redshirt and develop under an excellent position coach. He brings no bad habits from the last staff and we can be patient with him.
He might have the next best passing skills after Jarren.

Advertisement
I thought Cade Weldon had some upside coming out high school but this reminds me of the idiots saying he had a chance at starting last year.
Also reminiscent of my least favorite CIS Cult —the guys who thought Evan Shirrefs could be a starter. Dude should’ve never been offered by Miami. “His arm strength is not that bad bro”

Weldon had too many off the field issues. Immaturity translates to lack of football development. "Uncle" Mark resigning could no longer protect Casey's kid.

I'll say this for the 763rd time-

Matochampion doesn't come here unless Enos (via a Julio Frenk telegram and Edible Arrangement gift basket to Texas) promises him the Day 1 starting QB job. It's actually a testament to the QB Room right now that all the guys have stayed to battle it out for the backup job.

Advertisement
I'll admit, first time I watched his highlights - looks pretty **** good, moves well and makes the throws.

Doubt he gets a chance but one never knows.
Agreed, I was very impressed when I finally got around to watching his film recently but no way he's ready; especially having just got here.

JAG based on what? The kid is a Texas state private champion in the high jump at 6'6". The kid is athletic. Let the kid redshirt and develop under an excellent position coach. He brings no bad habits from the last staff and we can be patient with him.
Lets see what he does here

If he does anything then im wrong simple.....he probably will never play here maybe he will we shall see

Did he still get to play his senior year though cause thats what matters. Was he able to put a highlight tape on hudl his sr season?

Advertisement
Back