Forget Rosiers game vs Clemson

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
You put ANY QB behind that line vs that defense already up 31 and teeing off on every down and they will look bad. That game and his name should be scratched from memory. The following week with preparation is all we should go on.

Advertisement
I don't think Rosier did much preparation prior to that game. He admitted he hadn't. The whole team had given up. He looked decent against Duke. I know they didn't have a great defense, but he was not the reason Miami almost lost that game.

I think people forget that was two years ago and Clemson was a top 2 team, what else you expected from him. Plus we're a different team with a different mindset let's just ride.

Advertisement
Let's also remember that was 2 years ago and he has had much different coaching.

And dude was unexpectedly called into action. He was chilling like Willie Beamon before that moment. Probably never thought he'd take any live snaps the entire season.

Our O-Line also sucked. Badly.

Just an awful situation.

Let's also remember that was 2 years ago and he has had much different coaching.

And dude was unexpectedly called into action. He was chilling like Willie Beamon before that moment. Probably never thought he'd take any live snaps the entire season.

Just an awful situation.

Yeah. Give me the guy who was #2 and didn't bother to prepare for the game all day every day.

You can't put any blame for not scoring on the most important position on the field.
It was everyone else's fault. Him not being prepared to play had nothing to do with it.

I've about had it with you all blaming Rosier for failing to score in less than three quarters of ball

Just an awful situation.

Yeah. Give me the guy who was #2 and didn't bother to prepare for the game all day every day.

You can't put any blame for not scoring on the most important position on the field.
It was everyone else's fault. Him not being prepared to play had nothing to do with it.

I've about had it with you all blaming Rosier for failing to score in more than a half of ball

He's not totally blameless. But I doubt Tom Brady himself could've come in that situation and balled out. Clemson almost won the National Championship that year. They knocked our starting QB out with a 2 man rush. We didn't belong on the field with Clemson tbh. Should've been a running clock after half time.

Advertisement

Just an awful situation.

I've about had it with you all blaming Rosier for failing to score in less than three quarters of ball

Wow...salty

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, he's grown as a player since then?

Sure - it's on him that he wasn't ready to play that day. 100% on him. But to disregard the fact that the entire team quit is just plain ignorant.

I for one am hoping that he is serviceable enough to get us where we need to go. Is he? I don't know but we'll find out soon enough.

I don't think Rosier did much preparation prior to that game. He admitted he hadn't. The whole team had given up. He looked decent against Duke. I know they didn't have a great defense, but he was not the reason Miami almost lost that game.
I just watched the video clip of his passes in that Clemson game (also attended it). One of the things that really stood out was the number of dropped passes. That whole team checked out before halftime.

But, glad it got Golden booted. What a breath of fresh air with Richt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just an awful situation.

Wow...salty

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, he's grown as a player since then?

Sure - it's on him that he wasn't ready to play that day. 100% on him. But to disregard the fact that the entire team quit is just plain ignorant.

I for one am hoping that he is serviceable enough to get us where we need to go. Is he? I don't know but we'll find out soon enough.

I don't give a **** who the QB is or was as long as we win.

Dismissing his preparation and play and putting all the blame on everyone else. That's bull****.

That game is up there with the Virginia loss at the OB. Just pathetic.

Advertisement

Just an awful situation.

I've about had it with you all blaming Rosier for failing to score in more than a half of ball

He's not totally blameless. But I doubt Tom Brady himself could've come in that situation and balled out. Clemson almost won the National Championship that year. They knocked our starting QB out with a 2 man rush. We didn't belong on the field with Clemson tbh. Should've been a running clock after half time.

Fair points. He threw a lot in the dirt himself. But there were drops too for sure. And the blocking was atrocious for the most part.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting the game was Rosiers fault.
I'm just pointing out everyone should share blame for that one.
And this his stats shouldn't be just ignored bc it was a bad game for everyone

Last edited:
I'd say that anyone who doesn't celebrate that Clemson game as a win for the program, and freeing us from the grips of Folden....well, maybe you just aren't a Canes fan.

Advertisement

Just an awful situation.

Wow...salty

Hold on Bud, Justin Vogel didnt quit!! You Remember that punt that set the crowd on fire?

Remember when Ken Dorsey went in for an injuried Kenny Kelly at Blacksburg. He looked completely lost and at times afraid. He then went on an end of the season tear and made Kelly switch to baseball full-time.

I wish I could forget that game, but it's left a stain on my soul.
IMO, that game was the greatest Victory of the Golden era, it may one day be akin to beating UCLA which became the springboard for the greatest team of all time.

Remember when Ken Dorsey went in for an injuried Kenny Kelly at Blacksburg. He looked completely lost and at times afraid. He then went on an end of the season tear and made Kelly switch to baseball full-time.

Yessir. It happens.

And the next game, Rosier went out and played well vs Duke. Terrible coaching, no doubt, but I wonder what he would've looked like had he gone on to play the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Back