Forget Rosiers game vs Clemson

Remember when Ken Dorsey went in for an injuried Kenny Kelly at Blacksburg. He looked completely lost and at times afraid. He then went on an end of the season tear and made Kelly switch to baseball full-time.

Yes. And hopefully we get a similar result.

Advertisement
Rosier was obviously not prepared for that game. However, I think he showcased his toughness against Clemson. Dude got blasted on multiple occasions and jumped right up every time.

Let's also remember that was 2 years ago and he has had much different coaching.

And dude was unexpectedly called into action. He was chilling like Willie Beamon before that moment. Probably never thought he'd take any live snaps the entire season.

Our O-Line also sucked. Badly.

Just an awful situation.

Yeah. Give me the guy who was #2 and didn't bother to prepare for the game all day every day.

You can't put any blame for not scoring on the most important position on the field.
It was everyone else's fault. Him not being prepared to play had nothing to do with it.

I've about had it with you all blaming Rosier for failing to score in more than a half of ball

He's not totally blameless. But I doubt Tom Brady himself could've come in that situation and balled out. Clemson almost won the National Championship that year. They knocked our starting QB out with a 2 man rush. We didn't belong on the field with Clemson tbh. Should've been a running clock after half time.

... except that's what brady did. he made belichick forget that the highest paid quarterback in the nfl was on the roster and won a super bowl.

Let's also remember that was 2 years ago and he has had much different coaching.

And dude was unexpectedly called into action. He was chilling like Willie Beamon before that moment. Probably never thought he'd take any live snaps the entire season.

Just an awful situation.

Yeah. Give me the guy who was #2 and didn't bother to prepare for the game all day every day.

You can't put any blame for not scoring on the most important position on the field.
It was everyone else's fault. Him not being prepared to play had nothing to do with it.

I've about had it with you all blaming Rosier for failing to score in less than three quarters of ball

it's hard to imagine him watching brad's cement shoes combined with that terrible offensive line week in and week out, and not having the slightest idea that he could be thrown into a game at any minute.

It's time to forget the ' past ', and give Rosier some POSITIVE vibes and what not. Nevertheless, the game against mighty FSU will be predicated on how well the offensive line performs in a hostile stadium. No ifs, buts or huh.

Advertisement
Rosier will have to show his ' true grit ' against the mighty Seminole's come September 16th. LOL Because Good Ol' Boy Jimbo's squad is a legitimate Top 3 powerhouse. duh.

Just an awful situation.

I've about had it with you all blaming Rosier for failing to score in more than a half of ball

He's not totally blameless. But I doubt Tom Brady himself could've come in that situation and balled out. Clemson almost won the National Championship that year. They knocked our starting QB out with a 2 man rush. We didn't belong on the field with Clemson tbh. Should've been a running clock after half time.

... except that's what brady did. he made belichick forget that the highest paid quarterback in the nfl was on the roster and won a super bowl.

Brady lost that game against the Jets (and boy was that an AWFUL game). Had Bledsoe been ready the following week or even the following 2 weeks, we'd never know who Tom Brady was (or Bill Belichick for that matter who'd probably be a DC somewhere now). Like Brady, we saw how much better Rosier was when he was able to prepare for the next opponent knowing he was the starter (not comparing Brady to Rosier btw).

Just an awful situation.

Brady lost that game against the Jets (and boy was that an AWFUL game). Had Bledsoe been ready the following week or even the following 2 weeks, we'd never know who Tom Brady was (or Bill Belichick for that matter who'd probably be a DC somewhere now). Like Brady, we saw how much better Rosier was when he was able to prepare for the next opponent knowing he was the starter (not comparing Brady to Rosier btw).

beldsoe was knocked out of the game with 5 minutes left and they were already losing. brady went 5-10, 46 yards, no tds, no ints, didn't play badly, just didn't win. malik was 7-22 with 2 picks. preparedness is a big factor there. brady prepared as if he were the starter, whereas malik pretty much came out and said that he didn't really prep for the situation.

Advertisement
You put ANY QB behind that line vs that defense already up 31 and teeing off on every down and they will look bad. That game and his name should be scratched from memory. The following week with preparation is all we should go on.

****, he was like a pig prepped for slaughter with that quit session and lame duck coaching staff. No way to read anything from that debacle.

UM

Remember when Ken Dorsey went in for an injuried Kenny Kelly at Blacksburg. He looked completely lost and at times afraid. He then went on an end of the season tear and made Kelly switch to baseball full-time.

Yes. And hopefully we get a similar result.

This was my thought as well. I was at that game and Dorsey looked completely lost, because the team completely quit. We all know how he turned out.

Advertisement
Back