Ford weighing 295 and transfer DT Tito Odenigbo with 2nd team

Advertisement
Ford is skinny up top. It's evident when you see him up close.

Best news so far in camp in my opinion.
Tito could have said this is the best situation for me and where I want to go in life (and make it all about himself) but no. He emphasized how he is hungry to win and have fun while winning.

Ford seems like he is developing well and enjoying the competition which is going to make them all stronger in the end.

Add in the two Frosh players and of course Willis being the leader and I think DT could be better than last season.

Advertisement
Tito could have said this is the best situation for me and where I want to go in life (and make it all about himself) but no. He emphasized how he is hungry to win and have fun while winning.

Ford seems like he is developing well and enjoying the competition which is going to make them all stronger in the end.

Add in the two Frosh players and of course Willis being the leader and I think DT could be better than last season.
Yep glad the Tito transfer is working out. Sounds like Jon ford is having a better performance this fall than he had in the spring as well

It will be!

295... Nose tackle? Little light for being how tall he his. He trying to focus on being 3 technique???

I'm just interested in the logic behind him losing weight. He has the type of build to carry 315 pounds without losing speed. At least, it seems.

Advertisement
295... Nose tackle? Little light for being how tall he his. He trying to focus on being 3 technique???

I'm just interested in the logic behind him losing weight. He has the type of build to carry 315 pounds without losing speed. At least, it seems.
Uga who plays a a traditional 3-4 whose tackles are usually bigger had a starting nose last year who was only 6’3 305.

Hearing all the news about Tito playing well and fitting in with the boys makes me want to hug my sister.
b9f659ca8c48c6d145c5d1e7588750fc.jpg

Uga who plays a a traditional 3-4 whose tackles are usually bigger had a starting nose last year who was only 6’3 305.

So it can be done. Also, while big guys will always have a role in the NFL, smaller (faster) DTackles are becoming a commodity in the NFL. Maybe Ford identified and is trying to play to the market.

Also, Aaron Donald (280+) and JJ Watt (290+) are two of the most disruptive players on the interior this past decade.

Advertisement

If he's stronger and has better endurance, then 295 is great. 295 pounds of solid muscle applying force and attacking is a lot harder to move than a 300 pound sled.

Advertisement
Nothing would make me happier then if Tito took Bethels starting spot and Bethel backed up Willis. I just don't know how Bethel will hold up against the run. Give me the kid who has been playing in the Big 10 the last 3-4 years and is use to having to hold his own in the run game against some men-folk in the trenches. Of course let the best man win but I like that Tito is pushing Bethel.

Advertisement
Back