For your listening pleasure tonight

Advertisement
Thanks Hoya (I'm a Hoya too!)
That was awesome! No doubt he wants to be here and that passion...whoa! That's what's missing around the program. I'd be shocked if he weren't the AD or is in a created position, very high up in the food chain where he could oversee the football program.

Why would we want Zo, who despite his passion, who’s never been an AD?
In my dream world I would want him in Strawley's postion, basically associate AD with a focus on football. Then put a more experienced CEO type at the top position. Maybe even an older candidate to help stabilize things and mentor before handing over the keys and ridding off into the sunset.

Why would we want Zo, who despite his passion, who’s never been an AD?
He would be AD of football and report to the BOT and the "regular" AD would handle all other sports.

Not sure why people seem to think being an AD is rocket science or brain surgery especially since we are tied into the ACC.

- They aren't negotiating TV contracts.
- The Adidas deal is in place for another 10 years.
- Schedule is set for another 10 years.
- Revenue is pretty much known but fundraising and ticket sales will definitely spike with a football dept overhaul.

The rest is football related and I sure as **** would expect Highsmith to have 100x the knowledge that ******** has regarding hiring coaches, evaluating department protocol, facilities, talent, etc.

Advertisement
He would be AD of football and report to the BOT and the "regular" AD would handle all other sports.

Not sure why people seem to think being an AD is rocket science or brain surgery especially since we are tied into the ACC.

- Revenue is pretty much known but fundraising and ticket sales will definitely spike with a football dept overhaul.

The rest is football related and I sure as **** would expect Highsmith to have 100x the knowledge that ******** has regarding hiring coaches, evaluating department protocol, facilities, talent, etc.
@Go Canes!! Is just a hecht shill trying to save his job

Fundraising is a huge part of the job. Just as important as hires imo because without money no coach has a chance.

I agree with @Warrior808 description of what he would be ideal at.

Advertisement
Fundraising is a huge part of the job. Just as important as hires imo because without money no coach has a chance.

I agree with @Warrior808 description of what he would be ideal at.
I'm not sure if you are an alum, season ticket holder, or Hurricane Club member but 999 out of 1000 people in any of the three categories would give more money if approached by Highsmith than ********.

Ferman is going to have Alonzo Highsmith on his Lamar Thomas podcast tonight. Starts at 8 pm.
Soldinger was an even better listen than Zo. In between all the reminiscing, he gave good insight into how championship coaches operate.

Seems like there IS a blueprint out there to bring Miami back to national relevance. Just need someone who can follow it .

Advertisement
I'm not sure if you are an alum, season ticket holder, or Hurricane Club member but 999 out of 1000 people in any of the three categories would give more money if approached by Highsmith than ********.

The question is does he want to fund raise or solely be involved with football operations.

The question is does he want to fund raise or solely be involved with football operations.
I'm sure he would do both.

Any Cane that listens to him speak can sense the passion and pride for UM that he is able to articulate that no nerd from Minnesota - Winn Dixie campus can.

The OBB interview he was literally shedding a tear talking about this U.

Soldinger was an even better listen than Zo. In between all the reminiscing, he gave good insight into how championship coaches operate.

Seems like there IS a blueprint out there to bring Miami back to national relevance. Just need someone who can follow it .
My God! Don is 100% legit. Pure genius.

Someone needs to clone this guy and make multiple copies. We could use several versions of this guy on the staff.

Advertisement
You're crazy as **** if you looked at that video and understand the role he already plays at an executive level and think he couldn't be an AD here. ****, look at what the one with experience did for us.
Looking at that video and listening to him eloquently pour out his heart about this school, you think he couldn't walk into any room and raise funds??? Please!
Like mentioned before, this isn't rocket science.

My God! Don is 100% legit. Pure genius.

Someone needs to clone this guy and make multiple copies. We could use several versions of this guy on the staff.
Or maybe just take some advice on coaching.

He talked about testing his players every week on their assignments and the opponents formations and schematics. A written test on the Xs and Os, diagraming assignments… you don’t pass the test, you don’t play.

Then I remembered that our recent first round draft pick didn’t know what cover 3 was and my head exploded right after I vomited all over myself.

Advertisement
Back