For you night owls, last years NCState game is on ACC Network...

k9cane

Senior
good grief, this defense really was abysmal. Just watching this first drive. There are some obvious standouts( like Phillips), but from a fundamental and structural standpoint, something just seems very off. And they had very poor football awareness, to boot.

I was never a fan of Blake Baker. I saw that in 19( again, go back to the first half of the Vatech game that season).

Am I wrong for thinking that this unit was THAT poorly prepared last season? Again, Im not expecting the 85 Bears this upcoming season, but I do expect an improved unit...

Advertisement
I think having Shoop around will be valuable. Manny desperately needs someone he views as a peer to push back where necessary and it’s obvious Blake did not have that pull. Simpson and TRob are big upgrades for a number of reasons. I think we’ll be less talented at a few spots but probably more structurally sound and I think Manny will be a lot better with situational calls than Baker was.

Game 1 of the 2021 season is in 11 days. Baker is gone. The entire defensive staff has been overhauled.

Furthermore, 2020 was a ****y season. We had a dozen or more players and a few coaches miss practice and game time throughout. We won 8 games and spent a good portion of the season ranked in the top 15. Sorry you can't enjoy football unless the CANES are in contention for the national title. Hopefully this year you'll be less miserable.

Last edited:
Game 1 of the 2021 season is in 11 days. Baker is gone. The entire defensive staff has been overhauled.

Furthermore, 2020 was a ****y season. We had a dozen or more players and a few coaches miss practice and game time throughout. We won 8 games and spent a good portion of the season ranked in the top 15. Sorry you can't enjoy football unless the CANES are in contention for the national title. Hopefully this year you'll be less miserable.
You're the one that seems miserable

Advertisement
Advertisement
Word is that Shoop and Manny are preparing for the offense turning it over 4 times in the first 5 possessions and a 5th before the end of the first half to simulate being prepared for VT 2019….

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back