For those who want Butch

Butch should have won 2000 but the BS BCS computer models put FSU (who we beat) in place instead, but his team won 2001 and should have won 2002 had it not been for a verifiable bad call on 4th and goal.

Bring Back Butch. It's the quickest way to win fans today. I will write a check as soon as they announce it.

Advertisement
Fly the fire butch banner.....

You mean "Hire Butch Davis"?

This guy's is 63 years old and when he was here people wanted him gone. Why the f are people now all over his jock? For winning a couple games a unc? He's the same as golden. Good recruiter but will never win a championship. Tom Herman!!!!

U are a ****ing idiot.

Eat 3 di (ks

You're sofaking mad that your pin up boy got axed.

LMAO fvck off you fhegghot.

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

Fly the fire butch banner.....

You mean "Hire Butch Davis"?

This guy's is 63 years old and when he was here people wanted him gone. Why the f are people now all over his jock? For winning a couple games a unc? He's the same as golden. Good recruiter but will never win a championship. Tom Herman!!!!
Do you know anything about the teams we had from 1999 till 2002? He assembled (arguably) the best college football team of all times. His assistants went on to be head coaches and coordinators in the NFL. He should have been the one winning 2001 championship and the one in 2002 that was stolen from us.
And by the way. Saban is older than him.

Butch took over a train wreck missing 30 scholarships. I believe he was limited to 10-11 recruits one year. In a few years he assembled the greatest college football team in history, bar none. His teams sent 28 first round draft choices to the NFL. Just think about that- 28 players in the first round. Never happened before, will never happen again. He didn't win a NC because in 2000 we lost Dorsey's first start in opening game in Washington and then ran the table, but CFB screwed us and picked one loss FSU to play Oklahoma. The problem is that FSU's one loss was to UM! So we killed Florida in Sugar Bowl. Then left for NFL after Donna screwed around with his contract extension and the Browns threw crazy money at him. His 2001 his team went undefeated and won NC vs Nebraska. His 2002 team also went undefeated and won the NC against Ohio State, although some record books seem to indicate otherwise. Those were all his kids and there is no reason he can't do it again. Kaaya is Ken Dorsey with a better arm, so Butch is a perfect fit to hit the ground running

Advertisement
Sorry...but I'd take Jackson over Butch in a ******* heartbeat and it's not even close.

Many of you have selective amnesia as to how ****** a gameday coach Butch is/was. He's a great recruiter. A great evaluator of talent. A good defensive mind...but at his core he's conservative as **** and he's approaching his mid 60's.

For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around the Butch Davis love affair that has been formed on this board. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

Give me Jackson or Herman.

Advertisement
Sorry...but I'd take Jackson over Butch in a ******* heartbeat and it's not even close.

Many of you have selective amnesia as to how ****** a gameday coach Butch is/was. He's a great recruiter. A great evaluator of talent. A good defensive mind...but at his core he's conservative as **** and he's approaching his mid 60's.

For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around the Butch Davis love affair that has been formed on this board. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

Dude, when you build the GREATEST college football team EVER that includes 28, yes 28 1st round pics they can coach themselves to a national title. (2001)

Dude, when you build the GREATEST college football team EVER that includes 28, yes 28 1st round pics they can coach themselves to a national title. (2001)

And again...read my post above. I have zero doubt about his ability to evaluate, recruit, and close.

The problem is that in today's college football that's not enough. We've had talent the last 3 to 4 years and CONTINUED to lose to teams we had no business losing to. We need a guy who's good on gameday.

And again...read my post above. I have zero doubt about his ability to evaluate, recruit, and close.

The problem is that in today's college football that's not enough. We've had talent the last 3 to 4 years and CONTINUED to lose to teams we had no business losing to. We need a guy who's good on gameday.

I understand what you are saying but please don't compare Al or the talent he had to Butch and his players. Night and day.

Advertisement

I understand what you are saying but please don't compare Al or the talent he had to Butch and his players. Night and day.

For the love of God I'm not. Compared to Golden, Butch represents Vince Lombardi.

I just think we can do better. I'm head over heels in love with the thought of having someone like Hue Jackson as our next head coach. To me...THAT is what we need. He's ****y, he's aggressive, and he's got a personality that most kids would really gravitate towards.

For the love of God I'm not. Compared to Golden, Butch represents Vince Lombardi.

I just think we can do better. I'm head over heels in love with the thought of having someone like Hue Jackson as our next head coach. To me...THAT is what we need. He's ****y, he's aggressive, and he's got a personality that most kids would really gravitate towards.

I can respect that and would absolutely take Hue over any of the other candidates that have been mentioned. Still want Butch though.

Not against Hue Jackson....seems like he would do well...but what makes you think a guy that was a HC in the NFL...now a OC..the last 15 years in the NFL...would come back to college to be HC? Especially with him probably already being looked at for HC in NFL. I want a guy that wants to stay at Miami....not leave in 2/3 years to go back to NFL

Advertisement
Hue Jackson would be a disaster. The last time he was on a college staff was in 2000, the majority of you guys talk about how the game has changed in college the past 15 years so why would we want a coach that has had no exposure to college football during that period of time.

love butch but he’s 64 next month and times have changed.

Yes he’s an amazing recruiter but it was a lot easier to recruit in the mid 90’s (sanctions and all) because it was just a few short years removed from dominance and our great teams of the 90’s. Now we’re in shambles, 15 years from greatness and every other major school owns south florida recruiting. Idk if he has it in him

ESPN just did a piece about the Al Golden firing and they had an Lebatard on there and he did a major service to the Butch fans. He basically said everything we've been saying on this board and when asked what they should be looking for in a coach, he said Butch Davis is what would make the fan base happy. He was reasonable and said he didn't know if they would go that route due to the UNC scandal, but that is what would please the fanbase most.

#BBB
. I seen that who is that stupid ***** hating ? She looked like she needed to get her pssy pounded out

Advertisement
Back