For those who want Butch

ESPN just did a piece about the Al Golden firing and they had an Lebatard on there and he did a major service to the Butch fans. He basically said everything we've been saying on this board and when asked what they should be looking for in a coach, he said Butch Davis is what would make the fan base happy. He was reasonable and said he didn't know if they would go that route due to the UNC scandal, but that is what would please the fanbase most.

#BBB
. I seen that who is that stupid ***** hating ? She looked like she needed to get her pssy pounded out

She was a dumb a$$ ****. I wish espn would hire knowledgable reporters. When she said yeah but it's not 1985 anymore I wanted to say bytch we only had 1 championship in 85 and we have 5 now. Just ignorant

Advertisement
ESPN just did a piece about the Al Golden firing and they had an Lebatard on there and he did a major service to the Butch fans. He basically said everything we've been saying on this board and when asked what they should be looking for in a coach, he said Butch Davis is what would make the fan base happy. He was reasonable and said he didn't know if they would go that route due to the UNC scandal, but that is what would please the fanbase most.

#BBB
. I seen that who is that stupid ***** hating ? She looked like she needed to get her pssy pounded out

She was a dumb a$$ ****. I wish espn would hire knowledgable reporters. When she said yeah but it's not 1985 anymore I wanted to say bytch we only had 1 championship in 85 and we have 5 now. Just ignorant
Lmfao. I was telling my friend the same thing that she was a stupid *****. As soon as she asked if he was given enough time I immediately knew she didn't know anything. I have to question if she had even knew who al golden was or anything about college football at that point.

#BBB

Lmfao. I was telling my friend the same thing that she was a stupid *****. As soon as she asked if he was given enough time I immediately knew she didn't know anything. I have to question if she had even knew who al golden was or anything about college football at that point.
She clearly for her job because she is a female

Sorry...but I'd take Jackson over Butch in a ******* heartbeat and it's not even close.

Many of you have selective amnesia as to how ****** a gameday coach Butch is/was. He's a great recruiter. A great evaluator of talent. A good defensive mind...but at his core he's conservative as **** and he's approaching his mid 60's.

For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around the Butch Davis love affair that has been formed on this board. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

Give me Jackson or Herman.
I don't understand how people rate a coaches gameday ability and how conservative he is when he's 30 scholarships short and on his first HC gig. I'm sure he was still learning on the job, but the difference is he actually did learn while al thought he already knew it all. Also is be willing to bet if you have 1/3 of your scholarships missing, you'd be pretty **** conservative too.

Let's see why people might consider MIami , for the pure talent around them and that's reason enough

Advertisement
Fly the fire butch banner.....

You mean "Hire Butch Davis"?

This guy's is 63 years old and when he was here people wanted him gone. Why the f are people now all over his jock? For winning a couple games a unc? He's the same as golden. Good recruiter but will never win a championship. Tom Herman!!!!

STFU! Same as Golden. U mean going 51-20 after dealing with 31 lost schollies? U mean 3 Big East Crowns? 4-0 in bowl games? U mean building the greatest team ever? Man, take ur drunk butt elsewhere. Same as Golden, my ***!! Butch name still rings on the block! Dude breaks down teams like crazy now as an analyst. He'll put together such a sick staff and lock down So Fla again. Go somewhere w that non-sense, homie.

After the 2000 fsu game I stopped calling butch conservative and questioning his game day decisions. In a game with no room for error he called a brilliant game. Then he straight ripped the gaytors heart out in the bowl game. Yeah he was shaky at first, but when his savages were ready he let them loose.

Sorry...but I'd take Jackson over Butch in a ****ing heartbeat and it's not even close.

Many of you have selective amnesia as to how ****ty a gameday coach Butch is/was. He's a great recruiter. A great evaluator of talent. A good defensive mind...but at his core he's conservative as **** and he's approaching his mid 60's.

For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around the Butch Davis love affair that has been formed on this board. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

Butch can recruit, but he sure as heck has excuse after excuse made for him as to why he can't win as much as he can with his talent. Everyone and their brother knew scoring margin would come into play in 2000, yet Butch didn't put the pedal to the metal to get us in that game against OU. Even with arguably the top talent in the ACC at UNC if you look at draft numbers, he still couldn't get to 9 wins.

He's not coming back, if he did we could do worse, but we could do better.

Advertisement
So how many championships has butch won?

hey moron, do you realize Butch was the architect of the greatest and most talented team the world has ever seen? He turned UNC into a 1st round factory also.

Butch is a nice safe pick.

Sorry...but I'd take Jackson over Butch in a ****ing heartbeat and it's not even close.

Many of you have selective amnesia as to how ****ty a gameday coach Butch is/was. He's a great recruiter. A great evaluator of talent. A good defensive mind...but at his core he's conservative as **** and he's approaching his mid 60's.

Butch can recruit, but he sure as heck has excuse after excuse made for him as to why he can't win as much as he can with his talent. Everyone and their brother knew scoring margin would come into play in 2000, yet Butch didn't put the pedal to the metal to get us in that game against OU. Even with arguably the top talent in the ACC at UNC if you look at draft numbers, he still couldn't get to 9 wins.

Wow, ok, guess all those NFL picks sitting on sidelines in street clothes (**** they probably wouldn't even allowed in the stadium ) were supposed to help get some wins on the field. Ok, gotcha. They were as much help to him as Ed Reed, Dre', and them boys were to Fat Albert. Butch beat us at UNC, repeatedly I believe. Carry on tho

So how many championships has butch won?

hey moron, do you realize Butch was the architect of the greatest and most talented team the world has ever seen? He turned UNC into a 1st round factory also.

Butch is a nice safe pick.

exactly moron. butch can recruit. but obviously cant coach, it took a old coker who can barely coach himself to come in and win a championship with davis's players. davis will never be a champion.

Wow, ok, guess all those NFL picks sitting on sidelines in street clothes (**** they probably wouldn't even allowed in the stadium ) were supposed to help get some wins on the field. Ok, gotcha. They were as much help to him as Ed Reed, Dre', and them boys were to Fat Albert. Butch beat us at UNC, repeatedly I believe. Carry on tho

Beating us at UNC, news flash....I'm unimpressed as a lot of people beat us then and recently. The re s t, you were trying to say something?

Advertisement

Beating us at UNC, news flash....I'm unimpressed as a lot of people beat us then and recently. The re s t, you were trying to say something?

I love a good village idiot.

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

With where Miami is I rather the guy who has done it. You can complain about game day crap. Butch will assemble a competent staff who develops players. That's been the main problem. He will build Miami up, players recruiting and development. Miami reruits itself with any competent coach. Of you lose 30 schollies and go 56-20 in a 5 year period and 4-0 in bowl games, you're pretty much a genius. Shortcomings and all. People saying Butch is old, so is Saban. His staff is young though, which is the key. Those are the people who are going to be doing the leg work while Butch be the CEO. No more Duck Commander Bowls

And Butch has already said (on 790 yesterday) that he'd hire a young, aggressive staff. That's the right answer as there would probably be a guy that would be his successor on staff.

However, I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if a greybeard or two were also on staff...

Butch has plenty of energy. Age isn't the issue here. The issue should be who can win us championships. I feel most confident with Butch.

If it's not him, then I'll happily look more closely at Herman, Hue or Fuente which are the names that some of the fans seem enamored with...

With where Miami is I rather the guy who has done it. You can complain about game day crap. Butch will assemble a competent staff who develops players. That's been the main problem. He will build Miami up, players recruiting and development. Miami reruits itself with any competent coach. Of you lose 30 schollies and go 56-20 in a 5 year period and 4-0 in bowl games, you're pretty much a genius. Shortcomings and all. People saying Butch is old, so is Saban. His staff is young though, which is the key. Those are the people who are going to be doing the leg work while Butch be the CEO. No more Duck Commander Bowls

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back