For those who give Robert Burns flack:

Burns Sophomore tape is really impressive size and speed is off the charts. His running style reminds me of Gore.

Advertisement
Balance of Portis, cutting ability of Gore and speed of Conley.

[URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2 said:
#2[/URL] 6-MEAST;2748460]so you're comparing Burns to Fournette?

Yes. Im not ignorant enough to compare him as a football player stat wise etc but this is the same circumstance.

Fournette showed he is a top line dominant talent when healthy. He got the injury bug but it is obvious his future is in the NFL.

Burns when healthy as a Soph was a top line talent. It was obvious he was D1 material and got the injury bug so they shut him down for his college career.

What am I missing?

Well let's see......
#1 - Fournette was the #1 in HS and put up some crazy stats in his HS career. No comparison here.
#2 - Fournette put up sick stats last year and proved why he was the #1 player in HS.....Heisman numbers outside of the Bama game. Again, no comparison here.
#3 - Fournette got hurt early and kept trying to fight through it, re-injuring it a few different times and even begging the coaches to let him play against Florida.
#4 - Fournette didn't get the injury bug. He had 1 significant ankle injury (in 3 years) and didn't give it proper time to heal. He played in every game the 2 prior years. Once again, no comparison.

If he was healthy, you know **** well he would be playing in the bowl game. He's a competitor and has shown it before. He's just not healthy and we all have seen it. Say he goes out there and re-tweaks it one more time and then can't workout and compare his numbers to Cook and others...then what? And he's not hurting the team. They still have a beast in Guice.

so you're comparing Burns to Fournette?

Yes. Im not ignorant enough to compare him as a football player stat wise etc but this is the same circumstance.

Fournette showed he is a top line dominant talent when healthy. He got the injury bug but it is obvious his future is in the NFL.

Burns when healthy as a Soph was a top line talent. It was obvious he was D1 material and got the injury bug so they shut him down for his college career.

What am I missing?

Certainly not that 21st chromosome.

Fournette can do whatever he wants and that fanbase can react however they see fit but once again reality is flying in the face of what the SEC cultists try to spin. I was told Fournette just loves playing football and is the ultimate competitor. The slurping he got when he *supposedly offered to suit up for the Gaytor game after he got into it with one of their assistant corches in warm-ups was about on par with the Cajun inbreds spinning this myth that he NEVER thinks ahead to his pro career and is all about Saturdays and good ol' Baton Rouge when the moron talking heads were having the debate that he was a once in a lifetime back and he should just sit out his entire jr. year.

Advertisement
so you're comparing Burns to Fournette?

What am I missing?

Certainly not that 21st chromosome.

Didn't mean to downvote

No comparing burns to fournette at all. If i was a gm I'm definitely taking cook over fournette he seems injury prone.

I'm not, as long as Fournette's ankle checks out medically and isn't degenerative. I look at Cook as Melvin Gordon, guys who were never physical in college but excelled because they had a burst most didn't.....Cook just has better hands. But he will not get you the tough yards and that shoulder concerns me bc he favored it a large portion of the early season. He's also the worst pass blocker i've ever seen. His burst and ability to cut in space is world class....it's just that in the NFL, space is limited.

Fournette compares more to Peterson....rare size/speed talent. He can get the tough yards, play all 3 downs, block and still has the burst to break the long runs like Cook.

Both have had issues with fumbles, so no advantage there.

Advertisement
Back