For the "We need better players crowd"

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Looks like Gionni Paul can tackle just fine now that he's out of Coral Gables....

http://www.blocku.com/2014/9/21/6690569/welcome-to-utah-gionni-paul

Former Miami transfer Gionni Paul made his Utah debut, and he made the most of it! Utes fans had all heard how great Paul was on the scout team last year, and all the plays he made before his injury in spring ball, but a broken foot postponed his Utah debut until the fourth week of the season. Some may have worried that Paul would be rusty or out of shape due to the injury and not having played in a game since playing for Miami in 2012. However, talking to Paul at practice last Tuesday, he did not give any indication that the foot injury would slow him down against Michigan.

"In my mind... injury, what injury?" said Paul.

He also made sure to study his playbook, so he would be ready when he was healthy. Yesterday against Michigan (even in a MidWest storm), Paul looked both ready and healthy.

"I stayed in my playbook during the offseason and just rehabbed 24/7, so it was no big adjustment, just getting back together with my teammates and having fun. I was born to play this game. I just wake up and thank god that I came back as fast as I could and counting down the days," said Paul.

Paul was without a doubt ready for his time in the spotlight. He was electric in his first start in a Utes uniform. He caught an interception, recovered a fumble, and led the team in tackles with 14 (10 solo). Having Paul was huge, especially since Utes defensive coordinator Kalani Sitake was without the services of starting linebacker Jason Whittingham. Paul brings energy, instincts, and athleticism that Utah has rarely had in a linebacker. He seemed like he was in on almost every play against Michigan. Color me incredibly impressed with Paul and excited to see what else he will do in the crimson and white.

Advertisement
Same story different player... It's either they move on to a different college program and instantly become a stud or they move onto the NFL and become all world.

Him and Eddie are hugely missed I been bragging about even when the doubters were on his case seem him live plenty times at Kathleen .... This system didn't let the boy shine yet he still made plays here unfortunately he was dismissed

6Bxs9.gif

Remember when Luther Robinson got in trouble for shooting the gaps, and disrupting plays in the backfield. Hahaha, got to love this Al Golden defense.

Advertisement
Did he get in some sort of trouble hear? Suspended or anything? I can't remember. Certainly Eddie was a f*** up.

Advertisement
Remember when Luther Robinson got in trouble for shooting the gaps, and disrupting plays in the backfield. Hahaha, got to love this Al Golden defense.

This. I remember this ****. Was being punichsed for creating havoc in the backfield

good for him. he'd be learning the nuances of backpedalling and covering slot WRs if he stayed in coral gables.

For anyone out there still blaming talent (I don't think anyone is left), I'd ask them this:

What do you think a talented team with very poor coaching would look like?

Advertisement
Looks like Gionni Paul can tackle just fine now that he's out of Coral Gables....

Former Miami transfer Gionni Paul made his Utah debut, and he made the most of it! Utes fans had all heard how great Paul was on the scout team last year, and all the plays he made before his injury in spring ball, but a broken foot postponed his Utah debut until the fourth week of the season. Some may have worried that Paul would be rusty or out of shape due to the injury and not having played in a game since playing for Miami in 2012. However, talking to Paul at practice last Tuesday, he did not give any indication that the foot injury would slow him down against Michigan.

He also made sure to study his playbook, so he would be ready when he was healthy. Yesterday against Michigan (even in a MidWest storm), Paul looked both ready and healthy.

"I stayed in my playbook during the offseason and just rehabbed 24/7, so it was no big adjustment, just getting back together with my teammates and having fun. I was born to play this game. I just wake up and thank god that I came back as fast as I could and counting down the days," said Paul.

Paul was without a doubt ready for his time in the spotlight. He was electric in his first start in a Utes uniform. He caught an interception, recovered a fumble, and led the team in tackles with 14 (10 solo). Having Paul was huge, especially since Utes defensive coordinator Kalani Sitake was without the services of starting linebacker Jason Whittingham. Paul brings energy, instincts, and athleticism that Utah has rarely had in a linebacker. He seemed like he was in on almost every play against Michigan. Color me incredibly impressed with Paul and excited to see what else he will do in the crimson and white.

What is the point of this thread? When Paul was here all of you talent evaluators said he was fat, bow legged, short and slow. Now he has a good game and this proves what? That golden was a good recruiter for finding him? That most on these boards have no idea how to evaluate players? Are you insinuating that by him having a good game, that this means that the guys playing here are more talented? Lmfao at u guys. The team sucks, the coaches suck but this is straight nonsense. Stop trying to find every little piece of something to prove something we already know.

Both Paul and Johnson were making plays when they were here too. Paul was booted same time as finnie for theft I think. And we all know Johnson's story. WE ALL know the scheme isn't ideal and that we need something different. But I do know that it's killing us that these kids didn't act right off the field. Paul, Finnie, Johnson, AQM, FIGS all would be major contributors.

I'm not surprised Paul made plays for Utah, he showed flashes in his time here. But that entire group hurt our chances of improvement.

What is the point of this thread? When Paul was here all of you talent evaluators said he was fat, bow legged, short and slow. Now he has a good game and this proves what? That golden was a good recruiter for finding him? That most on these boards have no idea how to evaluate players? Are you insinuating that by him having a good game, that this means that the guys playing here are more talented? Lmfao at u guys. The team sucks, the coaches suck but this is straight nonsense. Stop trying to find every little piece of something to prove something we already know.

It means he didn't produce in our system but he turns into a wreaking ball somewhere else, which is all to common for us.

Advertisement

No, you missed the point. The players don't suck. There is a ton of talent. Talent that everyone outside the top 10 or 15 in the country would love to have. The point is this staff consistently does less with more.

It means he didn't produce in our system but he turns into a wreaking ball somewhere else, which is all to common for us.

You are basing this off of one game against Golden's fatter brother. So when perryman is a wreaking ball, who are you going credit too? People loved Figueroa here because they thought he was great, how so in this scheme? You see the fallacy in these arguments

LOL yea after one game he's a huge miss! bruh this site has gone to **** with our tackling smh

No, you missed the point. The players don't suck. There is a ton of talent. Talent that everyone outside the top 10 or 15 in the country would love to have. The point is this staff consistently does less with more.

Really, please tell me where I said the players suck? I will wait for your response. I said the team sucks. Football is a team sport so while individually they might be good as a whole they are not. Sucks was probably a strong word. They make stupid penalties at the absolutely WOrST times. They whiff on blocks. Coaching aside I do not hold year guys harmless. I am not going to argue the reasons why. At this point in time essentially being 0-2 you are what your record says u are. There are no asterisks next tithe records saying * coached by golden

Advertisement
Back