For the Uniform guys

I believe it was posted on our venerable website here that new Uni's were coming out in October. The new Uni's were supposed to get rid of the feathers, and go with stripes, making the jerseys look like our 80's and 90's edition.

Harry from AllCanes tweeted it will be for the FSU game only. It will not be a permanent uniform change. Sucks if this is true.

Come on bro...you gotta be kidding me! When will Adidas get it through their heads that we don't want to look like a flamingo dancer. I'm hoping Harry's account got hacked.

No arguments here. Take it for what it is worth.

Advertisement
I believe it was posted on our venerable website here that new Uni's were coming out in October. The new Uni's were supposed to get rid of the feathers, and go with stripes, making the jerseys look like our 80's and 90's edition.

Harry from AllCanes tweeted it will be for the FSU game only. It will not be a permanent uniform change. Sucks if this is true.

Just looked at his twitter I didn't see anything that says the Uni Change is for 1 game only? Richt talked to adidas per what I read in the Palm Beach Post a few weeks ago, that said we will get new unis and a special jersey or 2 aren't out of the question for specific games.

https://www.miamifanwear.com/collec...mi-hurricanes-premier-green-football-jersey-1

Looks like the new replica uniforms for this year will have the sewn on numbers everyone loves so much. Not sure how this relates to the actual game unis but I wanted to pass this along.

Adidas jerseys are so cheap looking. I'm not a Nike fan like the nut jobs on this site but at least their stuff was good quality.

Yep. I actually like Adidas gear as a whole but these are garbage. They look like t-shirts that redneck women wear as nightgowns. Reminds me of the bootleg team gear that places like K-Mart would sell back in the day.

Why not just sell more authentic looking replicas of the actual jerseys?

View attachment 37693

Looks like that jersey came with the beer belly sewn in!

Just looked at his twitter I didn't see anything that says the Uni Change is for 1 game only? Richt talked to adidas per what I read in the Palm Beach Post a few weeks ago, that said we will get new unis and a special jersey or 2 aren't out of the question for specific games.

Harry Rothwell
‏@mrallcanes
Harry Rothwell Retweeted Tommy Covelli

Some games
Harry Rothwell added,

Tommy Covelli [MENTION=3670]tom[/MENTION]mycovelli @mrallcanes oooo okk cool. will the throwbacks be the primary jerseys?? or just for specific games??

My mistake, he said "some" games.

Advertisement
I get caught up in the uni talk myself but as long as we win games, the unis will be an afterthought.

It has to be killing NYPeaches not to voice his female opinion on the new jerseys.I'm sure he will be along shortly....

https://www.miamifanwear.com/collec...mi-hurricanes-premier-green-football-jersey-1

Looks like the new replica uniforms for this year will have the sewn on numbers everyone loves so much. Not sure how this relates to the actual game unis but I wanted to pass this along.

Adidas jerseys are so cheap looking. I'm not a Nike fan like the nut jobs on this site but at least their stuff was good quality.

Lmao the little you know anout nike gear and their "quality"

[MENTION=5705]cane since birth[/MENTION]:
Slap yourself. Everyone and their mama know the quality that Nike has put out tops Adidas in the apparel dept.

As I stated, Adidas is not even focus on apparel anymore as they are more concerned with shoes and garnishing more athletes to build their brand here in the U.S. They bled money trying to do the apparel thing.

Truth be told, UA apparel is absolutely phenomenal and smashes by Nike and Adidas apparel quality. All of my cross fit shirts, including ones UA don't even make anymore still look fresh out of the rack, while my Nike cross fit shirts have faded and some have lost the swoosh. But that makes sense, in a way, since UA is actually an apparel line who happens to start making shoes. Both Nike and Adidas are shoe companies that got into the apparel business.

The replica jerseys has been a long standing complaint by fans, in general, on the collegiate and pro scene. UCLA complained about Adidas designs and so did its fans. Michigan complained about Adidas designs and so did its fans. There's a reason y teams are no longer re-upping w Adidas who've been long standing partners with them. There's a reason why NFL sales went out the roof when they didn't re-up w/ Adidas. There's a reason why Michigan dang new sold out of all the near fan gear on the first night of the "pre-release" items.

However, once they change our jerseys and we start winning, I think we will help them tremendously and I think they will do whatever we tell
them. But for now, the crap we have is just that...crap. It's a stretchable t-shirt that's being put over pads and we are getting the non-stretchable version of it.

Slap your self for being so blind that nike apparell is quality at all, they use cheap material and make it seem like its made with the best, its crap they just make the crap look good for people who have blinders on, i was a nike fan until a buddy of mine started to work for them and told what they are really made of and how cheap it is, i get it your a fan boy of nike and they can never go wrong and you nit pick the smallest things that isnt nike i get it but you need to take a look at their product and see what "quality" they have

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wanna see the articles about michigan and ucla fans complaining about their jerseys

Just using this post to talmabout what I want to talmabout.

Vol fans screamed for years that adidas sucked. Wanted Nike in the worst way. Well it finally happened, just as we were transitioning to adidas. The fan base celebrated like they'd beaten Florida.

But then the last year happened. All the luster is off. They're saying Nike doesn't provide the team with the same amount of gear. The fans have noticed that what was put in stores was ok, but not blowing out what adidas had in years prior.

Are they happy with the switch? Probably. Because they just wanted to be a Nike school. Has it gone like they'd hoped for? No. Not in the least. They're already doing the "this year they're focusing more on us and are going to roll out the really good stuff" dance. After one season.

Slap yourself. Everyone and their mama know the quality that Nike has put out tops Adidas in the apparel dept.

As I stated, Adidas is not even focus on apparel anymore as they are more concerned with shoes and garnishing more athletes to build their brand here in the U.S. They bled money trying to do the apparel thing.

Truth be told, UA apparel is absolutely phenomenal and smashes by Nike and Adidas apparel quality. All of my cross fit shirts, including ones UA don't even make anymore still look fresh out of the rack, while my Nike cross fit shirts have faded and some have lost the swoosh. But that makes sense, in a way, since UA is actually an apparel line who happens to start making shoes. Both Nike and Adidas are shoe companies that got into the apparel business.

The replica jerseys has been a long standing complaint by fans, in general, on the collegiate and pro scene. UCLA complained about Adidas designs and so did its fans. Michigan complained about Adidas designs and so did its fans. There's a reason y teams are no longer re-upping w Adidas who've been long standing partners with them. There's a reason why NFL sales went out the roof when they didn't re-up w/ Adidas. There's a reason why Michigan dang new sold out of all the near fan gear on the first night of the "pre-release" items.

However, once they change our jerseys and we start winning, I think we will help them tremendously and I think they will do whatever we tell
them. But for now, the crap we have is just that...crap. It's a stretchable t-shirt that's being put over pads and we are getting the non-stretchable version of it.

Slap your self for being so blind that nike apparell is quality at all, they use cheap material and make it seem like its made with the best, its crap they just make the crap look good for people who have blinders on, i was a nike fan until a buddy of mine started to work for them and told what they are really made of and how cheap it is, i get it your a fan boy of nike and they can never go wrong and you nit pick the smallest things that isnt nike i get it but you need to take a look at their product and see what "quality" they have

CLEARLY I said UA apparel trashes both Nike and Adidas apparel b/c UA is an apparel company. CLEARLY I explained why Adidas have been lacking in the apparel dept b/c that is no longer their focus as of 2015-16.

I'm a Nike fan, but I'm not a Nike fan boy. I'm a Hurricane fan, I'm not a homer. I keep it 100% all the time. It's not my fault that Adidas is no longer focusing on gear since they lost money in the apparel business in the U.S. You're so quick to say that Nike stuff is cheap b/c y? B/c it's manufactured in China? Guess what, a good majority of Adidas gear was caught being manufactured in sweat shops, as well in Indonesia. On top of that, Nike is back to using the U.S to manufacture it's items.

Trust me dog, u don't wanna get into this discussion w me. I, too, have a close friend, a frat brother, who does global marketing for Nike and I have an ex chick who's the procurement manager for a Neimans Marcus store.

Last edited:

CLEARLY I said UA apparel trashes both Nike and Adidas apparel b/c UA is an apparel company. CLEARLY I explained why Adidas have been lacking in the apparel dept b/c that is no longer their focus as of 2015-16.

I'm a Nike fan, but I'm not a Nike fan boy. I'm a Hurricane fan, I'm not a homer. I keep it 100% all the time. It's not my fault that Adidas is no longer focusing on gear since they lost money in the apparel business in the U.S. You're so quick to say that Nike stuff is cheap b/c y? B/c it's manufactured in China? Guess what, a good majority of Adidas gear was caught being manufactured in sweat shops, as well in Indonesia. On top of that, Nike is back to using the U.S to manufacture it's items.

Trust me dog, u don't wanna get into this discussion w me. I, too, have a close friend, a frat brother, who does global marketing for Nike and I have an ex chick who's the procurement manager for a Neimans Marcus store.

I can unequivocally tell you that some of their products are not up to par, especially on the consumer side like T's, b-ball shorts, hoodies, etc...but when it comes to their corporate apparel for teams it's 100%. I can also tell you the only reason y we were let go walking was b/c we did nothing w Golden and it looked like we cared less about the athletic dept, and now there's some sellers remorse b/c we now hired a coach who can take us back to the promise land...just like their was sellers remorse for Steph Curry.

Nike ain't the end all to be all. I didn't like their pro-combat gear that was given to us. While I know why their gave us the green and copper helmets since those were past helmets of ours, thei execution of it was far less than the 1968 throw back helmets they had. However, what I'm saying is that so far the CRAP that Adidas has given us has been nothing that was promised to us.

Go back to when the switch initially happened; I was one of, if not thee, first poster who said Adidas has a habit of promising one thing then doing something totally different. I was confident in that statement b/c my Alma Mater switched from Nike to Adidas and they totally trashed our team's football and basketball uniforms...though the soccer team uniforms were fresh as ****. I even told [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] that the jerseys that were on display at the release party looked nice, but I'm just afraid they might not look like that on game day, AND LOW AND BEHOLD, we look like a **** tail waitress at a 50yr and older gentlemen's club (don't ask me how I know that, that's for a different conversation). I'm just hoping the new concept is on point...that's all.

Advertisement
If you are older than 22, and still rocking jerseys on a regular basis, you're a meatball. There, I said it. I can understand the occasional throwback, but what grown man rocks regular jerseys at this point? It's nice to see that Adidas fixed the numbers, but the fit still looks a bit off. It has the lines of a soccer jersey, and that's something that has to be adjusted immediately. You'd think that they would hire one person from somewhere like Russell Athletic, someone who knows how a FOOTBALL jersey should look. The sad part is that if you took away the stupid speed lines on the sleeves,to where the sleeve stripes were solid, this wouldn't be an awful jersey. Oh well, at least the fan apparel is taking a step forward. Curious as to how the polos and the like fit this year, they went with the European style last year, it was a little weird.

Advertisement
For fvcks sake...why didn't these ******** make the practice jersey the final one. It's clean and seems to fit well.

I can unequivocally tell you that some of their products are not up to par, especially on the consumer side like T's, b-ball shorts, hoodies, etc...but when it comes to their corporate apparel for teams it's 100%. I can also tell you the only reason y we were let go walking was b/c we did nothing w Golden and it looked like we cared less about the athletic dept, and now there's some sellers remorse b/c we now hired a coach who can take us back to the promise land...just like their was sellers remorse for Steph Curry.

Nike ain't the end all to be all. I didn't like their pro-combat gear that was given to us. While I know why their gave us the green and copper helmets since those were past helmets of ours, thei execution of it was far less than the 1968 throw back helmets they had. However, what I'm saying is that so far the CRAP that Adidas has given us has been nothing that was promised to us.

Go back to when the switch initially happened; I was one of, if not thee, first poster who said Adidas has a habit of promising one thing then doing something totally different. I was confident in that statement b/c my Alma Mater switched from Nike to Adidas and they totally trashed our team's football and basketball uniforms...though the soccer team uniforms were fresh as ****. I even told [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] that the jerseys that were on display at the release party looked nice, but I'm just afraid they might not look like that on game day, AND LOW AND BEHOLD, we look like a **** tail waitress at a 50yr and older gentlemen's club (don't ask me how I know that, that's for a different conversation). I'm just hoping the new concept is on point...that's all.

Oh i can get into one of these convos with you, If you truly have friends at nike they will tell you they are trash products, i agree UA is the best, but every time one of these threads come up and you always come in and bash addidas and say nike this nike that no one buys addidas blah blah blah, then bring up quality with nike products when the fabric they do use was horribly tested and they sell them because their designs are good which they go over board at times, and i wasnt talking sweat shops every company has them even UA, i was talking the fabric that they use that they claim is tested which it aint, im not a big fan of the jerseys either, my only issues is people talking like nike was amazing when it aint, but yea im with you waiting to see if the bew jerseys are any good, i liked the ones for cincy and UV games hope its similar

Last edited:

Oh i can get into one of these convos with you, If you truly have friends at nike they will tell you they are trash products, i agree UA is the best, but every time one of these threads come up and you always come in and bash addidas and say nike this nike that no one buys addidas blah blah blah, then bring up quality with nike products when the fabric they do use was horribly tested and they sell them because their designs are good which they go over board at times, and i wasnt talking sweat shops every company has them even UA, i was talking the fabric that they use that they claim is tested which it aint, im not a big fan of the jerseys either, my only issues is people talking like nike was amazing when it aint, but yea im with you waiting to see if the bew jerseys are any good, i liked the ones for cincy and UV games hope its similar

I hear you, I definitely hear you. I hope Adidas learn from their mistake w/ UCLA and actually listen to Richt about changing our jerseys. They seem to listen to us, and I like that about them. I do feel that they are treating us like their flag ship school...I just hope the jerseys that's being released for FSU wind up being our current jerseys from here on w/ some alternates in between like the Black Out and Ice jerseys...those were really clean.

Advertisement
Back