For The Traditionalists... We Should Have Known

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
If the images Adidas posted today are real, and we wear those clown shoes, I think you're all gonna regret the switch even more. Word is the uniforms will be traditional- I'll believe it when I see it. If they do end up being traditional, we can't wear those cleats. They will ruin the uniform altogether. I'm not saying Nike did a whole lot better, but I preferred this year's jerseys over the previous one. At least the cleats were reasonable.

At the end of the day, this just taught me- or reminded me, better said- that the admin has accepted being Candy Canes. Nothing is more evident of that than the decisions they make for the program, and the looks they approve from Nike, Adidas, or any other fashion line. Those shoes were over the top, and I sure hope they never come out. Black cleats, black socks- SIMPLE!

Advertisement
Just look at what the Adidas teams wore in their bowl games. Those are the cleats you will see. Just in Miami colors. Socks too. Adidas will probably give us multiple shoes that match the uniform depending on jersey and pants we want to wear.

Just give it up dude. Money talks. I don't see the problem in this instant. Nike was giving them the middle finger

I would be ok with us rolling out in clown uniforms if mcdonalds pays us enough to get new coaches and keep the good ones

Those cleats were for promotional purposes only. They were customs to highlight miami. You think they really going to put a palm tree on our game day shoes? They sent those out as customs.... Now the Audizero cleats are possible. A lot of adidas sponsored schools wear those and they look good when all of the Unis are on....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Guys fucjing relax. Those are clearly promo based.

you are nuts if you want to fight this deal. Sorry it would have been more neglect if um didn't take this over what Nike offered.

Chill the **** out

NIKE'S UNIFORMS SUCKED TOO!!!!!!! It's not like we wore the 97-03 jerseys last year...remember, we were the smoky Christmas ornaments last year, so who cares? I'm psyched if we get to be a brand's flagship and maybe even have some traditional uniforms.

Advertisement
Our only real tradition is running out of the smoke. We won NCs with both Russell Athletic jersey and Nike. Won more NCs with white shoes then black. I don't really give a **** what jersey we wear. Up until last year, the ones Nike made the last few times were ugly as ****. If I had any faith in the admin to use the extra money this will bring in on football I'd call it a great move. Unfortunately I don't so I really don't care (I do like Nike over Adidas everything equal).

Our other real "tradition" is we used to be cutting edge on the field. We changed the way college football was played. We turned HS LBs into DE, DE to DT, putting as much speed on the defensive side of the ball as possible. We were one of the first to run the 1 back, 3 WR sets exclusively under Erickson. Teams were beat before they even stepped on the field.

Now we are stuck playing 80s Big Ten football in the most fertile ground for athletes in the nation. College football has evolved the last 5-8 years and we are stuck in a 20 year time warp. That is the real issue here. Crazy part, we have a bunch of posters on here that only want the new coach to run a "pro style" offense.

Willy,

calm your horses, bro.

right now, we need to put the pressure on the athletic department to use the extra cash to buyout Golden and hire a competent HC with great set of assistants.

uniforms later.

Our only real tradition is running out of the smoke. We won NCs with both Russell Athletic jersey and Nike. Won more NCs with white shoes then black. I don't really give a **** what jersey we wear. Up until last year, the ones Nike made the last few times were ugly as ****. If I had any faith in the admin to use the extra money this will bring in on football I'd call it a great move. Unfortunately I don't so I really don't care (I do like Nike over Adidas everything equal).

Our other real "tradition" is we used to be cutting edge on the field. We changed the way college football was played. We turned HS LBs into DE, DE to DT, putting as much speed on the defensive side of the ball as possible. We were one of the first to run the 1 back, 3 WR sets exclusively under Erickson. Teams were beat before they even stepped on the field.

Now we are stuck playing 80s Big Ten football in the most fertile ground for athletes in the nation. College football has evolved the last 5-8 years and we are stuck in a 20 year time warp. That is the real issue here. Crazy part, we have a bunch of posters on here that only want the new coach to run a "pro style" offense.
I agree, we need to run a 4-2-5 attacking defense with as much speed on the field as possible and a spread no-huddle offense.

Advertisement
Still a lot of **** gobblers on this board. The Nike uniforms were all hype... We looked like FAMU. If Adidas gives us traditional and some refreshed alternates, I'm happy. $$$ for program is good -- just get rid of No D and Al

Stop got**** whining ****. The shoes are just for marketing and ****.

Louisville unis are straight. They gave tennesse traditional unis.

Just wait to the official **** drop to start *****ing.

Advertisement
If the images Adidas posted today are real, and we wear those clown shoes, I think you're all gonna regret the switch even more. Word is the uniforms will be traditional- I'll believe it when I see it. If they do end up being traditional, we can't wear those cleats. They will ruin the uniform altogether. I'm not saying Nike did a whole lot better, but I preferred this year's jerseys over the previous one. At least the cleats were reasonable. At the end of the day, this just taught me- or reminded me, better said- that the admin has accepted being Candy Canes. Nothing is more evident of that than the decisions they make for the program, and the looks they approve from Nike, Adidas, or any other fashion line. Those shoes were over the top, and I sure hope they never come out. Black cleats, black socks- SIMPLE!
None of the shoe designs we saw today will be worn. They were just marketing materials. Relax

If they keep the classic helmets and bring back the 80's uniforms, I can give two ***** what the shoes look like. Let's see what Adidas does.

If the images Adidas posted today are real, and we wear those clown shoes, I think you're all gonna regret the switch even more. Word is the uniforms will be traditional- I'll believe it when I see it. If they do end up being traditional, we can't wear those cleats. They will ruin the uniform altogether. I'm not saying Nike did a whole lot better, but I preferred this year's jerseys over the previous one. At least the cleats were reasonable. At the end of the day, this just taught me- or reminded me, better said- that the admin has accepted being Candy Canes. Nothing is more evident of that than the decisions they make for the program, and the looks they approve from Nike, Adidas, or any other fashion line. Those shoes were over the top, and I sure hope they never come out. Black cleats, black socks- SIMPLE!
None of the shoe designs we saw today will be worn. They were just marketing materials. Relax

How do you know this?

Advertisement
Back