For the Negative people who can't just enjoy a win.....

There is no point dealing with the people who won't give credit or acknowledge any adjustments. We beat Cincy because they sucked. They all predicted VT still would destroy us because we weren't that good. We went up 30-0 and put the game on cruise control and still almost shut them out playing conservative defense to end the game like a lot of people do. Then people said it was a fluke and if we could actually stop UNC's offense we might be turning the corner. We destroy UNC and the score wasn't even as close as it really was. now they are saying that same UNC offense is terrible.

No point in dealing with them. I tried leading up to the game stating how I saw a lot of minor adjustments in the defense lately that were adding up and they just laughed at what I was saying. Low and behold my prediction for the game was dead on, only missing by 1 point and the defense continued to do what I had already said they were changing. Yet, it's still just a month long fluke to the "haters".

Golden has already matched last year's regular season loss total, and we've still got three games to go. Shut the **** up.

Advertisement
Im no PimpTight but Ive seen this **** before..... Goldens not getting me with the banana in the tail pipe....

Vern, I feel ya bro..but when have we ever looked this decent on defense??? Its been a very long time.... I dnt care about Golden, I care bout rhese Canes and us gettin victories....

Yea I feel ya...I lost money on Carolina +17.5... The defense Had Marquise WIlliams confused in the first half and he never got comfy.......I was totally surprised... We are tackling better in the open field..lets hope we dont go consevertaive aginst FSU... Jameis will pick us apart

Im no PimpTight but Ive seen this **** before..... Goldens not getting me with the banana in the tail pipe....

THIS!!!!

I will wait till after the FSU game to see if this staff maintains the current level of aggression in the defensive play calling.

Some of the responses on this thread is why this board is basically a joke. Pimp Tight should be tossed from the board. He violates the rules on personal attacks every post.

Advertisement
Some of the responses on this thread is why this board is basically a joke. Pimp Tight should be tossed from the board. He violates the rules on personal attacks every post.

Trust me, no one wants you here. Please leave.

MjAxMy0wNzhjN2M2ODI1ZjQxNGYy_51dd76461b533.png

VT lost to Boston college and is in the midst of a total collapse. UNC gave up 70 to ECU, who just lost 20-10 to temple, and notre dame, the reason everyone thinks UNC is good, almost lost to navy. Yes, I'll agree we've looked better the past 3 weeks, and I did not expect us to look that good especially on defense, but as always I think people overreact. Golden should still be completely on the hot seat, and donofrio on the hottest possible seat. We established the run with our heisman caliber rb and killed the TOP (which was the excuse all donofrio defenders used saying our defense looked bad because our offense couldn't maintain drives).

I'm sure I'll get slammed for being a hater or negative poster or having an agenda where I would rather be "right" about the staff than see the canes succeed, but whatever. People are getting way too excited...lets hope we're ready for FSU and we take them down, even if we'll be wearing those disgusting smoke jerseys with orange helmets

Turned on Golden a long time ago. However, what he has done in the last 3 games is something we haven't done in a decade, which is beating average to bad teams handily and making it look easy on the road and at home. Al has shown willingness to change for the best so lets give credit where its due. Does it mean we drink the Golden koolaid? That's up to you but enjoy it for now and the FSU game will tell us a lot about the future of this team and staff.

Advertisement
Turned on Golden a long time ago. However, what he has done in the last 3 games is something we haven't done in a decade, which is beating average to bad teams handily and making it look easy on the road and at home. Al has shown willingness to change for the best so lets give credit where its due. Does it mean we drink the Golden koolaid? That's up to you but enjoy it for now and the FSU game will tell us a lot about the future of this team and staff.

Agreed, seems golden FINALLY changed the defensive philosophy. But why should we give him credit for showing a willingness to change? If anything he's been stubborn and resistant to change. It's taken 4 years for him to see the obvious. Lets hope he's changed in his willingness to diagnose problems and adapt. Lets also see how he approaches the fsu game. We have a week to prepare which SHOULD be an advantage...whether or not golden can gameplan against a good team remains to be seen. Fsu is very beatable, if we get stomped it's unacceptable. Nc state, Louisville, an overrated notre dame, and Clemson have all nearly beaten fsu. No reason we can't make this a game

VT lost to Boston college and is in the midst of a total collapse. UNC gave up 70 to ECU, who just lost 20-10 to temple, and notre dame, the reason everyone thinks UNC is good, almost lost to navy. Yes, I'll agree we've looked better the past 3 weeks, and I did not expect us to look that good especially on defense, but as always I think people overreact. Golden should still be completely on the hot seat, and donofrio on the hottest possible seat. We established the run with our heisman caliber rb and killed the TOP (which was the excuse all donofrio defenders used saying our defense looked bad because our offense couldn't maintain drives).

I'm sure I'll get slammed for being a hater or negative poster or having an agenda where I would rather be "right" about the staff than see the canes succeed, but whatever. People are getting way too excited...lets hope we're ready for FSU and we take them down, even if we'll be wearing those disgusting smoke jerseys with orange helmets

Let me put it this way and I am not trying to say you are wrong, I am just stating something. What Miami has done in the last 3 games is destroy 3 teams. Against Cinci we pulled the starters while up 41-13 and started letting guys get playing time on defense to get experience. Against UNC we did the same thing after going up 37-6. Against VT we did it almost all 2nd half.

What is impressive is we shut down two teams that have been putting up good numbers on everyone else. Miami shut down 2 offenses that an average defense would have not stopped as has been shown through their season as only Miami has shut them down. Miami is not an average defense or they would have done exactly what the other average defenses would have done and given up the 500 yards per game and near 40 points per game to those teams. Miami held UNC to under 100 yards before they started letting the starters sit out on more plays. They held Cinci to 13 points before pulling the starters a bit.

The trend right now is that Miami is shutting down teams on both sides of the ball like a great team should. That's a good sign. Had we stayed average, we don't post these games. Just look at the play calling, the alignments, and the way the defenders are taking their first 3 steps. Everything is 100x better than what had been seen all tenure before these 3 games and that is why I think it is okay to be excited this time. This isn't a Duke situation where we just had better talent and that is why we won. We are actually playing good defense all around and making adjustments, matching personnel, loading the box etc.

Let me put it this way and I am not trying to say you are wrong, I am just stating something. What Miami has done in the last 3 games is destroy 3 teams. Against Cinci we pulled the starters while up 41-13 and started letting guys get playing time on defense to get experience. Against UNC we did the same thing after going up 37-6. Against VT we did it almost all 2nd half.

What is impressive is we shut down two teams that have been putting up good numbers on everyone else. Miami shut down 2 offenses that an average defense would have not stopped as has been shown through their season as only Miami has shut them down. Miami is not an average defense or they would have done exactly what the other average defenses would have done and given up the 500 yards per game and near 40 points per game to those teams. Miami held UNC to under 100 yards before they started letting the starters sit out on more plays. They held Cinci to 13 points before pulling the starters a bit.

The trend right now is that Miami is shutting down teams on both sides of the ball like a great team should. That's a good sign. Had we stayed average, we don't post these games. Just look at the play calling, the alignments, and the way the defenders are taking their first 3 steps. Everything is 100x better than what had been seen all tenure before these 3 games and that is why I think it is okay to be excited this time. This isn't a Duke situation where we just had better talent and that is why we won. We are actually playing good defense all around and making adjustments, matching personnel, loading the box etc.

Fair enough, I agree with you there. I must admit I am pretty excited about how we've looked, just trying to be realistic about how bad our last three opponents might actually be. I just think most people are overreacting and forgetting the caliber teams we just played. However, as you said, these are games that even considering the opponents, last year we would have probably won, but not nearly in the fashion we did, so that is definitely a positive sign and something to get excited about. Just still skeptical as to why it took so long for coaches to adjust. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes. Let's see how we play against fsu with an extra week to prepare. Would be unreal to end fsu's win streak and cost them a spot in the playoff. Haven't been this amped for a game in a long, long time

Agreed, seems golden FINALLY changed the defensive philosophy. But why should we give him credit for showing a willingness to change? If anything he's been stubborn and resistant to change. It's taken 4 years for him to see the obvious. Lets hope he's changed in his willingness to diagnose problems and adapt. Lets also see how he approaches the fsu game. We have a week to prepare which SHOULD be an advantage...whether or not golden can gameplan against a good team remains to be seen. Fsu is very beatable, if we get stomped it's unacceptable. Nc state, Louisville, an overrated notre dame, and Clemson have all nearly beaten fsu. No reason we can't make this a game

Because a lot of coaches refuse to change as their ego is so blown up from what has worked for them in the past. Up until the banner Al was right in this category. Since we are locked in with him for a while its refreshing to see his willingness to adapt. While it is great to do it against 3 average teams, his real demeanor will be defined if he ***** foots it against the #2 team in the country and goes back to old Al or is fearless and comes after them the way things have been working.

Advertisement

Since I think you really add nothing to intelligent discussion - maybe you should "be tossed from the board."

Pimp got emotion. You got potato.

Advertisement
Back