For the "Herman lost so Rick is awesome" morons

Richt need to call defined plays, because it's leaving too much on the QB to decide. This game was on Richt . No way we shouldn't have lit up FSU for aleast 350 yards threw the air. They will go right back to stinking on D.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Richt need to call defined plays, because it's leaving too much on the QB to decide. This game was on Richt . No way we shouldn't have lit up FSU for aleast 350 yards threw the air. They will go right back to stinking on D.

Agree. Now that I think about it, this is entirely on Richt. Kaaya has shown he can light up FSU. Richt's strategy and play calling for this game didn't work.

Right 'chise because NOBODY on this or ANY other planet thinks Kaaya is actually gonna run with this RPO
That's not what RPO means. It means when he comes to the line he has to decide whether to hand it off to the RB or throw it.

"Kaaya was better under sorry *** Coley. Let that sink in."

This truth hurts.

Mayhaps Rekt thought he could get more out of the noline than Kehoe did. Nope. Outside of Isadora, they all suck, even KC.

Nope #1 .

Then his playcalling or letting Bard decide at the line. nope #2 .

He better use what he does have better, quickly.

That was the wrong test to find this stuff out. Nope #3 .

we missed an XP, bottom line..continue to compete and win in this type of situations moving forward

Thing is......douche bags actually believe the nonsense in this sentence. Herp Derp....missed extra point. Carry on, nothing wrong here.

I sincerely hope Rick isn't as dumb and incapable of critical analysis as the tardbags on here who keep pointing to the missed XP and are trying to paint Kaaya as Kirby Freeman II.

Advertisement
Get off Tom Herman **** he lost to Navy. Regardless of Coach Richts mistakes against FSU he wouldve beat Navy easily. Since you're sticking up for somebody else's HC over our own how about go play bandwagon fan with their team.

Did you even read the OP? There was literally zero talk or comments about Herman or his loss to Navy. Essentially Franchise presented well thought out ideas of how most on the board feel that Richt needs to move forward with Kaaya for the rest of this season. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that anybody was riding Herman's ****.

He can't read or process information. He thinks his boogers are pickles.

You "the coaches can do no wrong" morons never learn. Destroy all the players on the team to protect your beloved coach just like you did to our defensive players the last 4 years.

Rick stunk it up against a bad FSU team. Hopefully, he's much smarter and more honest about his performance than you dolts are.

Hopefully, he sits down with Kaaya and asks him to tell him honestly what he feels most comfortable and sharpest doing. Then he tailors an offense around that skill set.

This RPO **** is obviously not Kaaya's strong suit. He looks slow and tentative running it. Completely unnatural looking. He's not a guy you ask to put the ball in the RBs belly and read the DE. He doesn't seem to process that info quickly enough, and the offense is disjointed as a result.

Then, you suddenly switched to Power I where he's under center and doing something completely different. It's too much, and it's unnecessary. Get in the gun. Spread em out all over the field and do what Kaaya does best. Play pitch and catch. Get in a rhythm. And gash them with quick hitting runs when the numbers favor it.

Kaaya was better under sorry *** Coley. Let that sink in.

Rick needs to honestly assess the situation and fix it. No more of this "we dialed it up, but the guys didn't execute" **** that we've been hearing around here forever.

It's his job to get the most out of guys, and he's not even coming close. So he should scrap that stupid RPO **** because Kaaya doesn't run it well, and he looks like he's paralyzed in thought out there.

Alright, why is everything Golden did wrong somehow debited to Richt? Matter of fact why is ANYTHING Golden did debited to Richt? Because we're all a bunch of mopey, jilted lovers with the sad sadz? We got burned for ten years + by three hucksters and now we're so broken inside we can't take an L without losing our collective minds.

Fan base needs to grow up. There's no disproportionate lovefest going on. Richt cost us the game. The game man. Kaaya didn't help on a play or two, but it was all on Richt. Yet I can say Saturday night was the first time he's made those mistakes and it's cost us a game. There's no reason to sit in a highchair, kicking and screaming "BUT IT FEELZ GOLDEN REAL GOLDEN MAN!" They're two separate men, with two vastly different approaches to the program. One represents the Miami of Old, penny pinching, slogan driven and wind bagging, while the other represents a modern approach to football and a financial investment to match.

I'm glad Richt tried RPOs and gave his QB the ability to think for himself, pick a poison. It failed. But down the line -- with another QB -- I hope it gets another shot because it can be very effective. I'm a bit surprised Kaaya is so bad at it (mind you, he was just decent enough against App to ***** this entire project up because it looked like he could swing it). And now Richt says he's changing it. Fine. You can self scout bro, bravo. Just pick something that gets us wins and master it, because not figuring this out ahead of time cost us a game. A big game.

Herman has nothing to do with Richt. Richt has nothing to do with Golden. They should be judged on their own merits, and while I personally think Richt needs to let his dream ship of being an OC sink off the coast of Key West and hire a real play caller, I'm not going to equate him to Golden because my heart got a boo-boo.

The only people who should be beside themselves right now, lamenting the sins of their old flame, are the people who somehow deluded themselves into believing Richt was never going to make a critical mistake (or five) that cost us a game. I'm human so I get he cost us likely the most significant game of the season, but I knew who this guy was just like we all should've. He's pretty freaking good at times. Wonderful off the field. Not special on it.

I'm mad we lost. Have no reason to defend the guy. But I don't get the fever after one freaking loss to ignore everything else we've profited, or use the board as my bib whilst I froth and rage at the betrayal of my lover. Miami was a dumpster fire a year ago. We're not anymore. I'm happy about that. If Richt flames out in two years, that'll suck. But the program can't reverse course now and cancel the IPF or start paying head coaches 2.3 million dollars again. That's the first good thing Richt did that was so unlike Golden in every regard, and somewhat like Herman: change the mindset of UM, who was getting outspent by the Tobacco Road schools.

Now he needs to do another good thing: change what isn't working and win. Or retire early.

Where did I mention Folden? I made some specific suggestions on what I think Rick should do. Why so emotional about Folden and Herman?

I'm suggesting an approach to fixing the broken offense. He's in charge of the offense. I said nothing about blowing up the program or firing Rick.

Saturday was a **** taco, and it will be the one Mulligan Richt gets as a playcaller. Attack with relentless aggression of GTFO.

This is the thing that has me completely baffled about the offense so far this season. He allows Manny Diaz to attack with violence and aggression and completely turn around a **** show of a defense from the Al Golden era but he doesn't do the same with the offense? Something just seems weird about that to me.

You "the coaches can do no wrong" morons never learn. Destroy all the players on the team to protect your beloved coach just like you did to our defensive players the last 4 years.

Rick stunk it up against a bad FSU team. Hopefully, he's much smarter and more honest about his performance than you dolts are.

Hopefully, he sits down with Kaaya and asks him to tell him honestly what he feels most comfortable and sharpest doing. Then he tailors an offense around that skill set.

This RPO **** is obviously not Kaaya's strong suit. He looks slow and tentative running it. Completely unnatural looking. He's not a guy you ask to put the ball in the RBs belly and read the DE. He doesn't seem to process that info quickly enough, and the offense is disjointed as a result.

Then, you suddenly switched to Power I where he's under center and doing something completely different. It's too much, and it's unnecessary. Get in the gun. Spread em out all over the field and do what Kaaya does best. Play pitch and catch. Get in a rhythm. And gash them with quick hitting runs when the numbers favor it.

Rick needs to honestly assess the situation and fix it. No more of this "we dialed it up, but the guys didn't execute" **** that we've been hearing around here forever.

It's his job to get the most out of guys, and he's not even coming close. So he should scrap that stupid RPO **** because Kaaya doesn't run it well, and he looks like he's paralyzed in thought out there.

Hard to argue with any of that.

The OL demonstrated why when it counted the most. FSU would just simply load up and attack, and why not? We run east and west way too often...and sure, occasionally it looks pretty if Walton or Yearby can wiggle and break free a bit...but too often on the RPO, it just simply isn't blocked worth a ****, and defenses know if Kayaa keeps, he will never take off, even if he could walk for 10 untouched....so he is going to throw....make sure he doesn't have any time to do so...pretty easy decision for any DC that has some beasts up front and backers with speed in my opinion.

WAAAAY too much **** going on in our backfield for a squad with such a weak OL, not even addressing your comment on how Kayaa performs in the RPO, which actually goes back to the OL as well...I'm sure he has an alarm going off in his head about how quick he will need to react off of the fake....whether real or not given the breakdowns.

Quick hits...north and south for the brief duration our OL can muster any push, be willing to take the 2-5 yard gains to set up the pass. This 3rd and 10-15 crap should not happen anywhere near so often IMO.

Advertisement
Richt called a bad game. Its not really up for debate. I do have faith in him fixing it though. I think (hope is probably the word) that he's smart enough to scrap something and adjust when needed. That will be the difference between him and our last three coaches.

I'm not on the band wagon that Richt called a bad game. It wasn't great by any means but I'd call it a combined effort of poor offensive execution and questionable play calling at certain points. I would argue that poor execution impacted play calling. Some may say the opposite.
Interception killed momentum and potentially 3 points
Coley falling down with no one around him
Multiple dropped passed
Holding on Walton's TD and other costly penalties
Running on 1st and 20 and 2nd and 19
Not using the TE's

Richt isn't stupid. Play calling and execution in the UNC game will tell all.

Advertisement

Alright, why is everything Golden did wrong somehow debited to Richt? Matter of fact why is ANYTHING Golden did debited to Richt? Because we're all a bunch of mopey, jilted lovers with the sad sadz? We got burned for ten years + by three hucksters and now we're so broken inside we can't take an L without losing our collective minds.

Fan base needs to grow up. There's no disproportionate lovefest going on. Richt cost us the game. The game man. Kaaya didn't help on a play or two, but it was all on Richt. Yet I can say Saturday night was the first time he's made those mistakes and it's cost us a game. There's no reason to sit in a highchair, kicking and screaming "BUT IT FEELZ GOLDEN REAL GOLDEN MAN!" They're two separate men, with two vastly different approaches to the program. One represents the Miami of Old, penny pinching, slogan driven and wind bagging, while the other represents a modern approach to football and a financial investment to match.

I'm glad Richt tried RPOs and gave his QB the ability to think for himself, pick a poison. It failed. But down the line -- with another QB -- I hope it gets another shot because it can be very effective. I'm a bit surprised Kaaya is so bad at it (mind you, he was just decent enough against App to ***** this entire project up because it looked like he could swing it). And now Richt says he's changing it. Fine. You can self scout bro, bravo. Just pick something that gets us wins and master it, because not figuring this out ahead of time cost us a game. A big game.

Herman has nothing to do with Richt. Richt has nothing to do with Golden. They should be judged on their own merits, and while I personally think Richt needs to let his dream ship of being an OC sink off the coast of Key West and hire a real play caller, I'm not going to equate him to Golden because my heart got a boo-boo.

The only people who should be beside themselves right now, lamenting the sins of their old flame, are the people who somehow deluded themselves into believing Richt was never going to make a critical mistake (or five) that cost us a game. I'm human so I get he cost us likely the most significant game of the season, but I knew who this guy was just like we all should've. He's pretty freaking good at times. Wonderful off the field. Not special on it.

I'm mad we lost. Have no reason to defend the guy. But I don't get the fever after one freaking loss to ignore everything else we've profited, or use the board as my bib whilst I froth and rage at the betrayal of my lover. Miami was a dumpster fire a year ago. We're not anymore. I'm happy about that. If Richt flames out in two years, that'll suck. But the program can't reverse course now and cancel the IPF or start paying head coaches 2.3 million dollars again. That's the first good thing Richt did that was so unlike Golden in every regard, and somewhat like Herman: change the mindset of UM, who was getting outspent by the Tobacco Road schools.

Now he needs to do another good thing: change what isn't working and win. Or retire early.

Where did I mention Folden? I made some specific suggestions on what I think Rick should do. Why so emotional about Folden and Herman?

I'm suggesting an approach to fixing the broken offense. He's in charge of the offense. I said nothing about blowing up the program or firing Rick.

I took the Coley comparison and "protect your beloved coach just like you did to our defensive players for the last 4 years" as indirectly lumping Rick with Al.

I think I'm speaking to more than you said. I'll be honest about that. I get tired of there being no in between and all polarization. It stifles discussion. But in fairness to you, you never invoked golden directly.

Ooops. Meant up vote. Crazy thumb on the iPad... It won't let me change it for some reason...

Agreed, we need to take advantage of of the seam routes with njoku and Herndon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Couldnt care less about Herman. He isnt the Canes coach. Richt has to be better period. But so does that garbage OL and our "NFL QB". It's never all on the coaches or all on the players. Answer always lie in the middle. Great players habe made average coaches look like geniuses and vice versa in football since the beginning of time.

Last edited:

Ooops. Meant up vote. Crazy thumb on the iPad... It won't let me change it for some reason...

We good fam.

You guys realize Herman beat FSU in his first year at Houston right?

And loses to Navy in his 2nd. Progress

also lost to Connecticut last year. I am all for a coach who can beat FSU but it is all kind of moot if he can't consistently beat teams like GT, VT, or Pitt.

Is this real life? Do you realize Herman is coaching Houston right? Not Ohio State. Not FSU. You do realize that the inherent talent level on that squad is nothing special yet he routinely makes chicken salad out of chicken shiit. What Herman has done at Houston so far has been masterful.

I guess Urban Meyer was undefeated at Bowling Green and Utah right? No he wasn't? Well certainly that means he could never win a title at Florida or Ohio State! Oh wait! Nick Saban lost to UL Monroe in his first year at Alabama. Well if that's the case he certainly won't be able to beat SEC West opponents on a regular basis much less win the whole conference or the national title right? Oh wait!

You guys realize Herman beat FSU in his first year at Houston right?

And loses to Navy in his 2nd. Progress

also lost to Connecticut last year. I am all for a coach who can beat FSU but it is all kind of moot if he can't consistently beat teams like GT, VT, or Pitt.

Is this real life? Do you realize Herman is coaching Houston right? Not Ohio State. Not FSU. You do realize that the inherent talent level on that squad is nothing special yet he routinely makes chicken salad out of chicken shiit. What Herman has done at Houston so far has been masterful.

I guess Urban Meyer was undefeated at Bowling Green and Utah right? No he wasn't? Well certainly that means he could never win a title at Florida or Ohio State! Oh wait! Nick Saban lost to UL Monroe in his first year at Alabama. Well if that's the case he certainly won't be able to beat SEC West opponents on a regular basis much less win the whole conference or the national title right? Oh wait!

Sounds like you need a hug and kiss.

Advertisement
Back