For the “we don’t play anybody” crowd

Your post spoke of their offense. I pointed out they scored 7 points.

I suggest you check google if your memory is foggy on the rest of it.

Inference isn't a strong suit of yours. OVERALL, GT outscored our Canes. Maimi's O was a huge let down in that game--both in points they didn't score and points for GT they directly can be blamed for.

Perhaps you may want to refresh yourself on these finer points.

I mostly use the Googles for the latest quiche recipes. Can you look up stats on it?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your post spoke of their offense. I pointed out they scored 7 points.

I suggest you check google if your memory is foggy on the rest of it.

Your posts are bafflingly stupid in their absence of logic.

He did not say "GaTech's offense beat us". He basically said that even with GaTech's terrible offense, Miami still could not win the game.

Don't you understand that, at least on some level?

You just pick fights with people over the dumbest and thinnest verbal disputes.

Any poster: "I can't believe that Miami couldn't beat GaTech even with its antiquated and terrible offense."

GoCanes!!: "Oh, you are an idiot poster, Miami shut down GaTech's offense in the second half."

Everyone else: "What just happened here?"

This is one of the dumbest threads ever posted on CIS, and that's saying something considering the number of admin *** kissing slurpers we have infesting the boards these days.

This is one of the dumbest threads ever posted on CIS, and that's saying something considering the number of admin *** kissing slurpers we have infesting the boards these days.

Well, it WAS started by a guy who gave us a list, and then tried to walk away with his hands in the air like he had actually won an argument.

We don't play anybody. TheOriginalCane summed it up will.

We did schedule coming up we have Mich St. They are nothing (except technically p5 to add to your misleading statistic). Same with South Carolina who we just scheduled a home and home with.

MSU was good when we actually scheduled the game. I think the Miami admin was intending for that to be good opposition.

South Carolina? Eh, don’t really know why we scheduled them. They just seem like a warm body to fulfill the ACC’s one power 5 requirement.

Advertisement
Your posts are bafflingly stupid in their absence of logic.

He did not say "GaTech's offense beat us". He basically said that even with GaTech's terrible offense, Miami still could not win the game.

Don't you understand that, at least on some level?

You just pick fights with people over the dumbest and thinnest verbal disputes.

Any poster: "I can't believe that Miami couldn't beat GaTech even with its antiquated and terrible offense."

GoCanes!!: "Oh, you are an idiot poster, Miami shut down GaTech's offense in the second half."

Everyone else: "What just happened here?"

You are mistaken. I didn’t pick anything with him. Usually I go out of my way to not have any interaction with him at all but he addressed me directly today.

Last edited:
Same crowd:

-We need an on campus stadium!
-We need to hire only former players!
-Fire everyone after six games!
-Shalala ruined the football program!

It's amazing they can be so vocal with all that glue in their mouths.

Your right, Shalala put us in the power position we now find ourselves in....:cautious:

Advertisement
2021 will be the first time since 2012 that we played two power conference teams OOC in the same year. (Since 2013 if you count USF as having been a power conference team in 2013, since the AAC inherited the automatic BCS berth from the Big East that year.)

Moreover, we play C-USA, Sun Belt, or at best MAC teams rather than even playing AAC or MWC teams.

We've played an FCS team every season since 2008. And our FCS opponents are from the MEAC rather than the SoCon to boot. And this year we move away from the MEAC to play Wagner, which is actually even worse than an MEAC team.

You think that's acceptable?

Yawn none of this matters.. if we played FSU Notre Dame and Florida every year.. we would have a reapectable schedule.. who gives af if it's a rival, ooc team, florida school, or whatever the **** yal posters are debating..

Lmao I just wanna know long it took you to put this together . Pretty impressive

however despite all that, somehow Miami is still at the top of this list . So I guess any team that isn’t in the SEC plays a weak schedule

we can’t help what conference we’re in so idk why yal constantly bring that up like Miami has any control over who we play in conference .

i also don’t see what the circumstances under which the game was played or who the AD was when the game was played has to do with anything . Either the game was played or it wasn’t. Why does it matter that it was a pre season kickoff game, or a contractual obligation game ?
While you can take issue if you'd like with his list & rationale behind it, you can't take away the validity of the facts. You mentioned 15 years and anyone that pays attention knows our scheduling has become a joke inside of the last 5. 7 if you looked into it like he did. Since the last 2 regimes have come around the program has turned away from competition and on field play, to saving face with our fans and foolish media. It's not something that can be disputed if you have open eyes.

Advertisement
Oh, good lord, what a useless statistic, used in a misleading way, to "act" as if Miami is doing a good job of scheduling.

A bit of analysis exposes the truth.

First, nobody said that Miami has NEVER played good teams, only that our scheduling has DECLINED and that we are playing the same crappy teams over and over and over again.

Second, Paul Dee was our AD through 2008. He had some decent games scheduled out for a few years. After our last high-water mark in 2012, when we played K-State and Notre Dame in the same year, this is what has happened since:

2013 - UF
2014 - Nebraska
2015 - nobody
2016 - nobody
2017 - Notre Dame as a contractual obligation arising from ND joining the ACC for all sports except football
2018 - LSU in a pre-season kickoff game
2019 - UF in a pre-season kickoff game

In fact, of these 14 massive "games against ranked Power Five teams", five have come against either The Gata or Notre Dame, two teams that have been traditional rivals of Miami's. Kick in another "contractual obligation" game (Louisville, when we tossed a few games to Big East left-behinds to compensate for us going to the ACC) and FIVE games against teams we have frequently faced in bowl games (2 games with OK, 2 games with Taint, and 1 game with Nebraska).

And look at the DECLINE. In the last 7 years, we have faced exactly FIVE ranked Power 5 teams, and 2 of the 5 were The Gata.

Then look at how we have scheduled beyond the Power 5. In the past 15 years, we have played:

FIU - 3 times
FAU - 3 times
FAMU - 5 times
Bethune-Cookman - 5 times
USF - 6 times (and we scheduled them before they were "good")
UCF - 2 times (and we DEFINITELY scheduled them before they were "good")
Savannah State - 2 times
Toledo - 2 times
Arkansas State - 2 times (one cancelled due to hurricane)

Here are the "good" OOC ranked Power 5 games:

Colorado - once (2005)
Texas A&M - once (2008)
Pitt - once (2010) - contractual obligation game
K-State - once (2011)
Nebraska - once (2015)
Notre Dame - once (2016) - contractual obligation game

That's it. In 15 years, besides our massive FOURTEEN ranked Power 5 opponents, we have had EXACTLY SIX "unranked" Power 5 opponents, though two were contractual obligation games (and query whether Pitt was Power 5 at the time - no).

So, sure, we have gotten lucky that most of our Power 5 opponents have been good when we played them, but we keep going back to the same cast of "usual suspects" (for both Power 5 AND crappy Florida directional schools).

AND LET'S RESTATE SOMETHING IMPORTANT. In the past SEVEN years, we have played exactly ONE game against a ranked Power 5 opponent that wasn't either (a) a traditional rival (The Gata and Notre Dame), (b) a pre-season kickoff game (The Gata and LSU), and/or (c) a contractual obligation game (Notre Dame).

SORRY, BUT THAT IS HORRIBLE SCHEDULING OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS.
It could be worse. You should see the University of Texas's out of conference schedule since 2000:

2000: Louisiana Lafayette, Stanford, Houston
2001: N Mexico State, UNC, Houston
2002: North Texas, UNC, Houston, Tulane
2003: N Mexico State, Arkansas, Rice, Tulane
2004: North Texas, Arkansas, Rice
2005: Louisiana Lafayette, Ohio State, Rice
2006: North Texas, Ohio State, Rice, Sam Houston State
2007: Arkansas State, TCU, UCF, Rice
2008: FAU, Texas El Paso, Rice, Arkansas
2009: Louisiana-Monroe, Wyoming, Texas El Paso, UCF
2010: Rice, Wyoming, UCLA, FAU
2011: Rice, BYU, UCLA
2012: Wyoming, New Mexico, Mississippi
2013: New Mexico State, BYU, Mississippi
2014: North Texas, BYU, UCLA
2015: Notre Dame, Rice, California
2016: Notre Dame, Texas El-Paso, California
2017: Maryland, San Jose State, USC
2018: Marlyand, Tulsa, USC
2019: Louisiana Tech, LSU, Rice

Only twice between 2000 and 2014 did Texas schedule a top-tier out of conference opponent.

Yawn none of this matters.. if we played FSU Notre Dame and Florida every year.. we would have a reapectable schedule.. who gives af if it's a rival, ooc team, florida school, or whatever the **** yal posters are debating..
[/QUOTE]

because we can only control our OOC schedule, meaning James. Nothing we can do about our conference schedule or when we play ND, thats decided by the ACC. those teams also have to agree to play us and we also have to find agreeable terms.

Last edited:
It could be worse. You should see the University of Texas's out of conference schedule since 2000:

Only twice between 2000 and 2014 did Texas schedule a top-tier out of conference opponent.

well at least part of that is because they went to a 9-game conference schedule once Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and TAMU left so they have one less OOC game to schedule. they want to keep their home games like everyone else.

Advertisement
While you can take issue if you'd like with his list & rationale behind it, you can't take away the validity of the facts. You mentioned 15 years and anyone that pays attention knows our scheduling has become a joke inside of the last 5. 7 if you looked into it like he did. Since the last 2 regimes have come around the program has turned away from competition and on field play, to saving face with our fans and foolish media. It's not something that can be disputed if you have open eyes.

I think its because we continually hire under-qualified HC's who just want to survive long enough to con James into an extension. Did you see Golden's argument about how he was promised by James or the AD that they would move the Nebraska game back a couple years because we werent ready to play them under sanctions? we didnt and he complained about it

I think its because we continually hire under-qualified HC's who just want to survive long enough to con James into an extension. Did you see Golden's argument about how he was promised by James or the AD that they would move the Nebraska game back a couple years because we werent ready to play them under sanctions? we didnt and he complained about it
When he was first hired, Al Golden said he noticed how Miami hadn't had a long term coach over 6 years in decades. He probably thought he was going to pull off a championship if we could just get over the hump. Thats likely why he wanted to delay. He refused to realize it Donofrio that was the primary anchor on his ***.

Texas plays 9 conference games nowadays, and some of those years (including after when they went to 9 conference games) they played 2 power conference teams.

Texas haven't played an FCS team since 2006, while Miami hasn't not played an FCS team since 2007.

Moreover, their non-power conference games are often against MWC teams (or BYU), which is better than what Miami faces. Their games against UTEP and most of their games against Rice were before C-USA became the ****show it is today. (Kind of depressing that Rice, a former SWC team, is stuck in a division with UTSA and North Texas.)

I don't blame the coaches, simply because I haven't seen us move too many games back, as Golden wanted to do.

The reason I brought up Paul Dee (vs. Hocvnt, Shermanator, and Blake) is because Dee had the juice to get games scheduled (and keep in mind, I can't stand Dee as an individual). But the last 3 ADs have not been aggressive and/or persistent, and have continued to fill our schedule with Florida directional schools and Division I-AA or Division II opponents.

Earlier, I cited Clemson's scheduling over the past 15 years, it has been incredibly strong. Keep in mind, the Clemson AD (Radakovich) started in 2012...but Blake started in 2013...so let's not allow Blake's inexperience to serve as an excuse.

By the way, Radakovich...is a UM alum (MBA)...and used to work for UM...

Not sure why we didn't try to hire him instead of Hocvnt or the Shermanator.

Advertisement
Back