For the “we don’t play anybody” crowd

Given last year's exceptional demonstration of our strength, perhaps we should consider cutting back to even weaker teams. The administration is very leftist so maybe they can find some women's colleges that are fielding football teams. We could win a PC trophy or something. I mean where do we go after getting bent over by fiu?

Advertisement
Played Somebody = LSU’s 2019 schedule.
Played Nobody = Miami’s 2019 Schedule.

KISS.

Ah, yes, the "perennial doormats" argument. As if South Carolina and Georgia Tech are the functional equivalents of Northwestern or Vanderbilt.

In the past 15 years, South Carolina has won the SEC East once and finished in the Top 25 three times.

In the past 15 years, GaTech has won the Coastal 5 times (and the ACC once) and finished in the Top 25 three times.

How has Miami done in that same time period?

By your definition, Miami is a perennial doormat.

We just went 6-7 with three of the worst losses in modern program history. We're on our fifth coach in 13 years and may be the most chronically underachieving team in college football year in and out for the last 15 years.

This program hasn't been a doormat it's been a national embarrassment. What the **** do you think people spend 18 hours a day on here *****ing about?

We just went 6-7 with three of the worst losses in modern program history. We're on our fifth coach in 13 years and may be the most chronically underachieving team in college football year in and out for the last 15 years.

This program hasn't been a doormat it's been a national embarrassment. What the **** do you think people spend 18 hours a day on here *****ing about?

How does any of that change the fact that South Carolina and Georgia Tech are, literally, NOT "perennial doormats"?

You get busted on your BS, so you just try to change the subject.

Advertisement
The ACC is still the worst power 5 conference in college football

Did mommy tell you that?

The ACC is clearly the third-best P5 conference over the past 15 years, better than the Pac 12 and the Big 12, but far, Far, FAR behind the SEC and Big 10.

Did mommy tell you that?

The ACC is clearly the third-best P5 conference over the past 15 years, better than the Pac 12 and the Big 12, but far, Far, FAR behind the SEC and Big 10.
I wouldn’t say clearly. The only relevant teams in the past 15 years have been Clemson and FSU. Every other team has been below average. Look at what Oregon, Oklahoma, Washington, Stanford, Kansas state, Oklahoma state and TCU have done the past 15 years. All those teams have had for success that the majority of the teams in the ACC. Oregon made it to two national championships and Oklahoma has made it to the CFP almost every single year. Stanford has made a bunch of appearances to the Rose bowl, Washington made it to the CFP’s, and Baylor/TCU are always ranked in the top 25.

Wow. You believe 1-2 start is a possibility?

And some muppets came unglued when I suggested up to 4Ws for the season was a legitimate discussion until our Canes prove otherwise.

Careful Sinister...I can hear the drums of muppet war banging off in the distance.

FIU made anything possible under Mandy

Last edited:
How does any of that change the fact that South Carolina and Georgia Tech are, literally, NOT "perennial doormats"?

You get busted on your BS, so you just try to change the subject.

Dude give it a rest.

South Carolina had a decent three-year run with Spurrier a few years ago. Back that out and they have ONE 10 win season in their entire 113 year history. They are garbage.

GT was a one trick pony under Johnson for years. They may strike lightning in a bottle every few seasons but overall they are a year in, year out 6-7 win team at best. They scare no one. Ever.

Advertisement
Dude give it a rest.

South Carolina had a decent three-year run with Spurrier a few years ago. Back that out and they have ONE 10 win season in their entire 113 year history. They are garbage.

GT was a one trick pony under Johnson for years. They may strike lightning in a bottle every few seasons but overall they are a year in, year out 6-7 win team at best. They scare no one. Ever.

GTs loss was one of many indicators that led me to a total loss of confidence in Manuela's ability to lead our Canes.

FFS, GT just installed the concept of a forward pass last season, and Manuela's squad lost.

You people realize it’s based on Non-conference games, right? Last couple of years, our schedule overall has been ***.

GTs loss was one of many indicators that led me to a total loss of confidence in Manuela's ability to lead our Canes.

FFS, GT just installed the concept of a forward pass last season, and Manuela's squad lost.

Yeah that new offense is probably why it was shut out in the second half and scored seven points overall in regulation

You people realize it’s based on Non-conference games, right? Last couple of years, our schedule overall has been ***.

This is true.

But (at least) the SEC has a legitimate argument that an "SEC-only" schedule is still a tough gauntlet.

ACC (currently) is not looking as tough. It was good from about 2005-2015, but the last 5 years have been bad.

Advertisement
Lets say Miami wins the ACC. At what point does that mean getting left out of the CFP discussion? Imagine Alabama, Oregon, and OSU win their conferences. Georgia 's only loss is to Bama in the SECCG. Can anyone picture Miami getting the nod with our schedule? The only ranked team we'd have faced is Clemson, assuming they win the Atlantic.

OOC scheduling is still important and Blake James is not putting us in a position where we can compete. Not with coach selection, not with scheduling, not at all. He is the crown prince of the jagaloons.

Yeah that new offense is probably why it was shut out in the second half and scored seven points overall in regulation

Just curious, who recorded the W in that contest?

I forgot.

Those other points you mention, was Miami awarded bonus points on the scoreboard because of them?

3sLw1HqpVv3z2.gif

Advertisement
Lets say Miami wins the ACC. At what point does that mean getting left out of the CFP discussion? Imagine Alabama, Oregon, and OSU win their conferences. Georgia 's only loss is to Bama in the SECCG. Can anyone picture Miami getting the nod with our schedule? The only ranked team we'd have faced is Clemson, assuming they win the Atlantic.

OOC scheduling is still important and Blake James is not putting us in a position where we can compete. Not with coach selection, not with scheduling, not at all. He is the crown prince of the jagaloons.

we'd probably have to be undefeated, jsut like CLemson did this year. we have P5 OOC games every year..and yes James is a douche but no one can predict how good a team will be 5-10 years down the road, which is how early you have to schedule them. ORegon might have gotten in this year over OU if they hadnt scheduled Auburn. it goes both ways

Just curious, who recorded the W in that contest?

I forgot.

Those other points you mention, was Miami awarded bonus points on the scoreboard because of them?
We lost to Georgia Tech 28-21 IN OVERTIME.

We also lost to:
UF 24-20
UNC 28-25
VT 42-35
FIU 30-24
Duke 27-17
La Tech 14-0

We started out 0-2 for the first time since Jimmy Carter was president and we were the only P5 team to get shut out in our bowl game by a G5 team.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Same crowd:

-We need an on campus stadium!
-We need to hire only former players!
-Fire everyone after six games!
-Shalala ruined the football program!

It's amazing they can be so vocal with all that glue in their mouths.
A person can do an awful lot of talking without much brains or common sense. It doesn’t mean it’s true and this thread is proof again that some people are just loudmouths.

Advertisement
Back