For sure gone, likely gone, up in the air

Advertisement
Please no on a portal TE.

If CM doesn’t come back, none of the TEs allow Mario to run what he wants to run. They force us to use them as an actual receiving threat.

Biggest concern is Mario uses the portal to go get another piano to plug the box at TE.
Yes. Force Mario to run 01 personnel by restricting his ability to portal in another McCormick.

Lol are you suggesting you would want Okunlola to leave to relocate money?
No. Hardly.

I’m saying should he leave, we could reallocate his NLI funds to higher priority needs (DT, QB, Corner).

Is he a candidate to depart? No clue.

Advertisement
Genuine question.

If there truly was a culture change, why would we have so many players leave to the portal? Isn’t that hypocritical?

I guess we’ll have to wait and see exactly who leaves and who stays. If most of the freshmen stay, that’s a good sign.

One thing is for certain: giant roster turnover isn’t what we need for ‘24. We need wins in Year 3, not a rebuild.

I don't disagree with anything you said here.
I would just add that every team will lose a certain percentage of their roster every year now. It's just they way it is now.

Advertisement
Had no idea this much attrition was possible. We need to start stacking talent, not replacing it.
It should slow somewhat in 2025 and beyond once teams can only sign 25 ICs each year. This is the last unlimited year coming up. You could have 30 players on most teams enter the portal, but only a portion will find a home anymore. What Deion did in Colorado won’t be repeatable after the 2024 season ends.

No one would surprise me, not even Restrepo (especially if his QB leaves and another OC comes in). I’d be upset sure, but I’d see the rationale.

We just need to limit the damage and be ready to write blank checks to portal guys, but that’s just my opinion. A BC win doesn’t mask a disappointing season, and we’ll see just how bad with portal entries (despite “culture change”).

Hopefully the damage is minimal and we can focus on building the roster, not salvaging the current one.

After a super star freshman DT left a national championship team last year no one will surprise me.

The tone in this thread from guys in the know scares the **** out of me.

Smh.
eh they keep saying contributors. Lots of guys contribute. Flagg contributes - I just don't think positively. Parrish and Chaney contributes. Brashard Smith contributes. Smith would be the biggest loss of those 4 - but ultimately he was WR4 this year. And we have a good WR class coming in. Like Isaiah Horton probably leaves at WR, and he was WR5. So yeah that definitely hurts our depth at WR, but Would those be major losses? Not really. In this new CFB, that's honestly to be expected. Gunna lose good depth pieces who want to go start somewhere.
Like Elijah Arroyo is likely to leave imo. He didn't do anything this year due to injury. We have zero TE depth, so that would hurt, but it's also not like he was playing like some stud either.... There are plenty of contributors, who could be solid depth for us that we could lose, and need to replace, but likely wouldn't have the largest negative impact. The large negative impact would be if we don't replace TVD with someone better, and guys leaving for the NFL.

As long as 22o, 2/3 3o/7o/4o, 61, 63, 73, 44, 9d, 51, 31, 6d, 5d don’t transfer. I don’t really care
how high wtf GIF

Advertisement
What's the deal with Burroughs? I've seen a few people mention he's gone before he played a single down here?

eh they keep saying contributors. Lots of guys contribute. Flagg contributes - I just don't think positively. Parrish and Chaney contributes. Brashard Smith contributes. Smith would be the biggest loss of those 4 - but ultimately he was WR4 this year. And we have a good WR class coming in. Like Isaiah Horton probably leaves at WR, and he was WR5. So yeah that definitely hurts our depth at WR, but Would those be major losses? Not really. In this new CFB, that's honestly to be expected. Gunna lose good depth pieces who want to go start somewhere.
Like Elijah Arroyo is likely to leave imo. He didn't do anything this year due to injury. We have zero TE depth, so that would hurt, but it's also not like he was playing like some stud either.... There are plenty of contributors, who could be solid depth for us that we could lose, and need to replace, but likely wouldn't have the largest negative impact. The large negative impact would be if we don't replace TVD with someone better, and guys leaving for the NFL.
Damari brown is my worry. A WR as well

Advertisement
I don’t understand why people keep mentioning Restrepo and George in this thread.

They both put up big time numbers this year and have been developed into legit football players. Jacolby looks like he can hit another gear and be a star next season.

The tone in this thread from guys in the know scares the **** out of me.

Smh.
I used to think like this. Not anymore.

You’re scared because you’re thinking about what we could be, should be, might have a chance to be, and especially used to be.

I’ve come to terms with what we actually are.

Once you do that, nothing about who might leave is scary at all. We continue to suck. Same **** different season.

Kinda like when we were debating (or mostly calling for) starting Emory over TVD. Downside all but disappears when what you have makes for a status quo crappy Miami season.

Can’t get all that much worse, so **** it, let’s see what happens.

Advertisement
Back