Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

Advertisement
For those familiar with the intricacies of criminal law, maybe they can answer this question.

Isn’t spitting on someone considered a form of assault, no different than throwing a punch?

There are certain things that one can justifiably hit back for as a form of self defense, obviously one is being hit or attacked physically, but I believe spitting falls in that category.

There are very few things that would set me off now that I’ve learned to control my emotions unlike when I was a teenager. But I think if someone spit on me I might not be able to help myself, to be honest. I hope I would, but it’s hard to say because that’s like one of the most disgusting things a person can do to you.
Yes.
w self defense it has basically be the same level of harm that is being done to you. Like you can’t shoot someone if they’re just slapping you lol. If you’re using deadly force As defense, you generally have to feel deadly harm or threat of the same. Laz has to prove that the victim was basically using deadly violence against him which led to him stabbing him for his own protection. Since they have viceo of laz spitting on the dude and concealing the knife before that, he’s not gonna hit the burden needed

they couldve gone w murder 1 but it’s a higher burden to prove for the state since you need to prove certain elements. That likely would have been an over charge.

Crazy how the confrontation was about Laz feeding stray dogs. Dude was always posting them on his twitter. Not sure why so many poke fun at the guy he seems like a kind man. People are real close to the edge in todays world.
Kind? Hardly. While his apparent love for animals is a positive trait, he didn't seem to be a particularly kind or temperate person - far from it.

Advertisement
Asking for a friend: Are you still able to tweet and call in to postgame radio shows from prison?
The Joe Rose Show in 2023 the Monday after a Canes game weekend:

"You are receiving a collect call from....Cutler Ridge Laz....at the Raiford State Prison. This call may be monitored or recorded. For English, press 1. To accept the charges for this call, press 1. To refuse this call, hang up. To hear a rate quote, press 2. This call is from an inmate telephone system. You will be able to receive a limited number of collect calls before making billing arrangements..."

Why couldnt laz do the same. if he had called the cops when he got the texts then there may not have been an argument. Nope. Neither did. Laz was the one who spit on the guy and stabbed him.
Laz started the entire violence. He instigated the fight w the spit. They could’ve argued for hours on the road had no spit ever taken place. That’s assault by definition.

Disagree Bro, I think it was a series of events that were exacerbated by the victim that led to His demise.

But I think we can all agree, that vigilante justice can land you in some hot water, or worse, pushing up daisies like this fella.

Advertisement
Amazing that we've got people on here blaming the dead unarmed person for getting a knife jammed into their neck when they had no way to see it coming.

Next up they'll be explaining how the Jews should have taken a different approach in the lead up to the Holocaust and the current war is all Ukraine's fault for making too much noise at night and keeping their Russian neighbors up late on a work night. Or something.

No, they started arguing when the victim came home from work and started cussing out Laz while Laz was out walking His dog. And before all of that, the victim was trying to provoke Laz into a fight via text messages. I find it bizarre how some of y'all overlook these details.
We find it bizarre that you're defending the person who concealed a weapon before using it to murder someone's father but....ok

Disagree Bro, I think it was a series of events that were exacerbated by the victim that led to His demise.

But I think we can all agree, that vigilante justice can land you in some hot water, or worse, pushing up daisies like this fella.
It doesn’t matter if it were a novel of events. You can’t use deadly force when not faced w the same if you’re claiming self defense. Laz is a moron and a murderer. He instigated the physical violence. He brought the knife out when there was no evidence of a weapon. He stabbed the guy in thr neck.

We find it bizarre that you're defending the person who concealed a weapon before using it to murder someone's father but....ok

I've already conceded that Laz was properly charged. My only contention is it wasn't a spur of the moment thing where Laz "goaded" LOL the victim into a confrontation, quite the opposite really.

You can’t use deadly force when not faced w the same if you’re claiming self defense.

How do you know that Laz wasn't in fear for His life or His safety? The guy was threatening Laz to the point where Laz had to block His texts. And the guy followed up on His threats by pulling up on Laz. Who's the one that was really threatened here? A logical person would've called the cops, not play super cop and end up dead. It was both of their faults that the situation got out of hand.

Advertisement
For those familiar with the intricacies of criminal law, maybe they can answer this question.

Isn’t spitting on someone considered a form of assault, no different than throwing a punch?

There are certain things that one can justifiably hit back for as a form of self defense, obviously one is being hit or attacked physically, but I believe spitting falls in that category.

There are very few things that would set me off now that I’ve learned to control my emotions unlike when I was a teenager. But I think if someone spit on me I might not be able to help myself, to be honest. I hope I would, but it’s hard to say because that’s like one of the most disgusting things a person can do to you.
I'm not a legal expert, but I'm fairly certain that spitting on someone is in someway shape or form - considered assault.

Given the video evidence that Laz spit on the victim and also concealed a knife. A prosecuting attorney should easily prove that Laz's intention was to provoke a hostile act from the victim to where Laz could stab him and claim self defense. If the victim sees Laz holding the knife, he likely walks away.

Advertisement
I've already conceded that Laz was properly charged. My only contention is it wasn't a spur of the moment thing where Laz "goaded" LOL the victim into a confrontation, quite the opposite really.

How do you know that Laz wasn't in fear for His life or His safety? The guy was threatening Laz to the point where Laz had to block His texts. And the guy followed up on His threats by pulling up on Laz. Who's the one that was really threatened here? A logical person would've called the cops, not play super cop and end up dead. It was both of their faults that the situation got out of hand.
He didnt need to meet the dude at the road. He could’ve went inside and called the cops. He didn’t. He met the dude on the road spit on him and started the fight. youre Blaming the dead guy but refuse to even acknowledge that laz could’ve called the cops instead of grabbing a knife and stabbing someone. He didn’t need to fight the dude on the street. The dead guys only fsult is that he got into a disagreement w a nut job. again, no one needed to end up hurt. Laz didn’t fear for his life. He left his own property. That’s not fearing for one’s life. If you feared danger, you’d go back inside call the cops and stay locked up till they came and resolved the issue. Come on man use some logic

Advertisement
Back