Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

But a "good old fashion fist fight" would've landed both of them in jail more than likely, the most reasonable solution was for the victim to call the cops before it came to that. And from the sounds of it, Laz wasn't the aggressor in this confrontation.
Why coukdnf laz call the cops and tell them the neighbor is harassing them. stop shifting blame

Advertisement
I'm just amazed at how quickly everything gets escalated in todays world. How the **** does an argument over feeding strays completely skip the steps of calling the authorities or just a good old fashion fist fight? To jump from an argument straight to murder tells me this guy was a timebomb waiting for anyone or anything to light the fuse. Most of us have had "that neighbor", I know I've had a few. But at no point in time did I think that stabbing someone in the throat was the way to go.
People jump to huge conclusions these days, and also seem to be in some kind of warrior mindset at all times. I know many people who have intense hate/disdain for large swaths of their own community.

But a "good old fashion fist fight" would've landed both of them in jail more than likely, the most reasonable solution was for the victim to call the cops before it came to that. And from the sounds of it, Laz wasn't the aggressor in this confrontation.

If Laz premeditated taking the confrontation from verbal to physical, he was the aggressor. Calling someone some bad names or whatever is not grounds for concealing a weapon, spitting on a man to escalate an argument to a physical confrontation, and then use said weapon to kill him. From my distant view, he set a trap for this guy and did the unimaginable. I'm sure everyone on this board at one time or another has had a verbal altercation at the very least. I know I've been called everything under the sun and threatened to no end. At no point in time did I think, "****, they hurt my feelings, I should get a knife and stab them to death." If you're not up for kicking the guys ***, then simply call the authorities and show then the threatening texts. That ends the story with the guy spending a few hours or night in jail and having a restraining order.

if i were in the neighborhood i would have sprinkled 100 bags of feed a day all over the place

i'd bring in skunk ape and all 22 remaining florida panthers and maybe some fleeing ukrainians with how much food i'd lay out

and why? cuz i care more than anybody else and i'll mutilate the first poster to suggest i'm not the biggest hearted guy here

People jump to huge conclusions these days, and also seem to be in some kind of warrior mindset at all times. I know many people who have intense hate/disdain for large swaths of their own community.

People have such thin skin anymore. I hate the whole "words are violence" movement. If you're saying that then most likely you've never experienced violence. I'd much rather be called a mean name that have someone hit me with a baseball bat. One give you a bruised ego, the other a cracked skull. Neither are fun, but I don't think you can die from being a bit butt hurt. The world needs to re-learn the whole "Sticks and Stones" mantra that our parents and grandparents preached about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
laz started the violence. They were arguing based on reports and then went to the road. Laz spit on the guy to goad him into fighting. Laz started the entire thing so he can use his concealed weapon

No, they started arguing when the victim came home from work and started cussing out Laz while Laz was out walking His dog. And before all of that, the victim was trying to provoke Laz into a fight via text messages. I find it bizarre how some of y'all overlook these details.

You're right, the neighbors had every right to be upset, I would have, but I also would have called the cops.
I’m not justifying fighting with a neighbor. That solves nothing. I definitely agree with calling the cops but i think it’s safe to say you call the cops on someone like Laz and I get the feeling he wouldn’t have cared.

Last edited:
All this “innocent until proven guilty/you weren’t there” stuff is dumb as ****. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion about the horrible act this trash committed based on what we know. If other information comes out that changes what we know now we can change our opinion. We aren’t the **** jury we are simply folks evaluating the facts on hand. And those facts appear to make it look like this dude committed capital murder. Contrary to popular opinion it’s OK to look down upon murderers.
True. Trial-by-media in this country does the same thing everyday, but that's ok because everyone is brainwashed with the narrative anyways.

Advertisement
One night OJ rolled into The Tavern when it was completely full. It was surreal.....and/or I was 14 Miller Lite pitchers into the evening.
Did you talk to him? Just don't take any advice from OJ when it comes to dating and women.

I blamed both of em', but more so the victim for starting the actual confrontation.
You’re an ******* if you think a confrontation is the cause to anyone getting murdered. Laz is the problem here. If you’re going to fight, fine, fight it out. But to blame the victim for getting killed for a confrontation is beyond stupid. If you want to get technical, Laz caused this by feeding stray animals. FOH.

Advertisement
Feeding wildlife in Florida is a crime:

Feeding an alligator is exactly the same as feeding stray dogs, ducks and cats. Please keep on, bro!! You're doing an incredible job of making your point. I'm sure you're 100% certain the cops being called once in the weeks leading up to this would have completely stopped Laz from stabbing him.

Feeding an alligator is exactly the same as feeding stray dogs, ducks and cats. Please keep on, bro!! You're doing an incredible job of making your point. I'm sure you're 100% certain the cops being called once in the weeks leading up to this would have completely stopped Laz from stabbing him.

Any animal that's not held in captivity is considered wildlife. And according to the potential victim's family, Laz leaving food out was also attracting raccoons, which carry rabies, and duck ***** can carry avian flu.

(1)(a) The penalties in this section apply to a violation of any rule or order of the commission that prohibits or restricts:

1. Feeding wildlife or freshwater fish with food or garbage;
2. Attracting or enticing wildlife or freshwater fish with food or garbage; or
3. Allowing the placement of food or garbage in a manner that attracts or entices wildlife or freshwater fish.

Advertisement
No, they started arguing when the victim came home from work and started cussing out Laz while Laz was out walking His dog. And before all of that, the victim was trying to provoke Laz into a fight via text messages. I find it bizarre how some of y'all overlook these details.
Lol but none of that led to an actual punch being thrown. It wasn’t until laz spit on the guy. verbal threats are never a defense for physical harm. Laz could’ve got a tro against the neighbor. There were a million diff ways to handle it. Do you snap and resort to violence if you get into an argument w your neighbors?

I agree, but that's why phones have 9-1-1, all of this could've been avoided if the suspect &/or the victim would've dialed those 3 numbers, simple. If you see something, say something.
Why couldnt laz do the same. if he had called the cops when he got the texts then there may not have been an argument. Nope. Neither did. Laz was the one who spit on the guy and stabbed him.

For those familiar with the intricacies of criminal law, maybe they can answer this question.

Isn’t spitting on someone considered a form of assault, no different than throwing a punch?

There are certain things that one can justifiably hit back for as a form of self defense, obviously one is being hit or attacked physically, but I believe spitting falls in that category.

There are very few things that would set me off now that I’ve learned to control my emotions unlike when I was a teenager. But I think if someone spit on me I might not be able to help myself, to be honest. I hope I would, but it’s hard to say because that’s like one of the most disgusting things a person can do to you.

Did you talk to him? Just don't take any advice from OJ when it comes to dating and women.
No joke- I tried giving him a noogie (he has a GIANT dome) but the crowd of people in there and the corner I was in caused it to end up just being a Juwan Howard style glance of my hand across his head and the side of his face.

Advertisement
Back