Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

Advertisement
Blows my mind.

Dude is low class garbage. He just killed a man and you've got posts in here blaming the dead guys wife for getting the dead guy fired up, which is peak message board banter.
But he invited me to his tailgate, bro!!

Fact is take this story at it's surface, and ignore he's a Cane fan, everyone is singing a different opinion.

And the other thing is when they do get aggressive, it's usually a much worse result than if other breeds do.

Yup. Watched a video of a guy shooting a charging pit 4 times with .40 cal hollow points. The guy said the 1st shot struck the pit in the head, and get this, He said the shot didn't even penetrate!!! And I've read that the only thing that compares to a pit's bite is a shark bite.

Advertisement
Pit Bulls absolutely can be great. My family has had quite a few. But compare it to a golden retreiver and there is literally zero debate which dog is more aggressive.
My sister had a pit bull for like 8 years that recently had to be put down because of cancer and he literally wouldn't bite anything, like not even play biting.
Then she got 2 bullies from when they were puppies. Not even like 6 months old and one started literally attacking it's "sister" and when on a walk you could tell was ready to **** up any dog that got near it on a walk... They even got a trainer, and the day the trainer was dropping the dogs back off after multiple weeks it bit the trainer who was holding her leash trying to attack the other one. They decided to re-home the non-aggressive one because it would be easier. The aggressive one literally can't be around any other dogs. But you can have a bunch of kids playing with it and it's perfectly gentle....

I mean sure maybe a lot of it is nurture not nature, but if one breed of dog takes a lot more training to ensure it isn't aggressive compared to literally every other dog, that should telling you something. And the other thing is when they do get aggressive, it's usually a much worse result than if other breeds do.

Fair. Agreed.

Like clockwork. It must just be that basset hound owners are all really good at raising that breed.
Or basset hounds aren’t even close to being on the top of aggression rankings for dogs. Nice try though. Pit bulls were actually originally known as “Nanny Dogs”. They were literally used to take care of kids.

I mean sure maybe a lot of it is nurture not nature, but if one breed of dog takes a lot more training to ensure it isn't aggressive compared to literally every other dog, that should telling you something. And the other thing is when they do get aggressive, it's usually a much worse result than if other breeds do.

Y’all should really do some research before you state that Pits take a lot more training to ensure they aren’t aggressive and all of this nonsense. You’re literally making **** up.

Advertisement
Not exactly, plenty of stories out there of pit bulls turning on responsible owners.
and I’m sure you can say the same thing for any of the dogs on the top aggressive dogs list that rank higher than Pitbulls.

My pit is routinely around my dog walker’s 1 year old baby and has been since she was months old.

Advertisement

Y’all should really do some research before you state that Pits take a lot more training to ensure they aren’t aggressive and all of this nonsense. You’re literally making **** up.

It's a stereotype that became popular for whatever reason.

I'm not a Pitt person. In fact I'm not a dog person any longer. Had English Bulldogs, but the last one while never a biter, concerned me with my last child. She would growl at him occasionally and we always kept a watchful eye from then on. Never really a problem, was by and large loving with him. Still, it was in the back of my head that this animal could do serious damage if it snapped.

She wasn't around long after, age and her hips took her out. I decided at that time I wouldn't have another one while they were young. I'm just not a fan of animals that could damage a youngin or even adult. For me that's a lot of dog breeds and it happens too often where a non-aggressive dog snaps.

The point is with a pit bull a situation like I just described is much more likely, whereas with many dogs like say a retriever/lab (the prototypical family dogs) that situation has literally 0% chance of ever happening... and that's a minor incident.

Pit bulls are more dangerous.
Pit Bulls are more dangerous, if they are raised that way. Because of their size and strength(Overdeveloped from centuries of breeding designed to emphasize those traits, due to their intended purpose) Trust me, there are douchebag Golden Retrievers out there. People love to live in stereotypes in regards to dogs, but a large majority of behavioral cases involving dogs are usually a direct reflection to WHO raised them, and what was done about it. Most dogs aren't out here biting people just because it's fun, it's a fear response. There's usually something triggering it, and there are a lot of trainers that don't know a **** thing about canine psychology.

It's a stereotype that became popular for whatever reason.

I'm not a Pitt person. In fact I'm not a dog person any longer. Had English Bulldogs, but the last one while never a biter, concerned me with my last child. She would growl at him occasionally and we always kept a watchful eye from then on. Never really a problem, was by and large loving with him. Still, it was in the back of my head that this animal could do serious damage if it snapped.

She wasn't around long after, age and her hips took her out. I decided at that time I wouldn't have another one while they were young. I'm just not a fan of animals that could damage a youngin or even adult. For me that's a lot of dog breeds and it happens too often where a non-aggressive dog snaps.
It became popular because of the fact that knuckleheads love to purchase Pits, Rotties and German Shepherds and then train them to emphasize their violent tendencies. That's why.

Advertisement
and I’m sure you can say the same thing for any of the dogs on the top aggressive dogs list that rank higher than Pitbulls.

My pit is routinely around my dog walker’s 1 year old baby and has been since she was months old.
Only because you feed it beforehand. Almost every 1 year old eaten by a pit was the pits first one year old meal. “I swear, he’s never eaten another baby before, I don’t know what set him off?”

Advertisement
Back