For all you Jordan/Shoe guys

I know they're not Jordans but I found them at Marshalls for $39.99.... Yes I'm a cheapa**.... lol....

resize.jpg

Advertisement
I know they're not Jordans but I found them at Marshalls for $39.99.... Yes I'm a cheapa**.... lol....

View attachment 120545

Honestly I was huge into Jordans/Dunks in HS but as I've grown older I've appreciated simpler shoes. My favorite pair of shoes right are some Adidas NMD that I got for $120. I just couldn't picture myself dropping 2k on shoes just to wear.

However my favorite pair of sneakers ever I still have stored and will break them out one day on a special occasion

View attachment 120545

For old school sneakerheads and hunters, places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx are good places to come up on some fire, without standing in line. I have stepped out of the sneaker hunting game for awhile, once it became about who could throw around the most money for the stupidest looking crap. These sneaker companies are playing people for fools, but you can't argue with their logic.

Honestly I was huge into Jordans/Dunks in HS but as I've grown older I've appreciated simpler shoes. My favorite pair of shoes right are some Adidas NMD that I got for $120. I just couldn't picture myself dropping 2k on shoes just to wear.

However my favorite pair of sneakers ever I still have stored and will break them out one day on a special occasion

NMDs are comfortable as F, the colorways are simple for the most part and they can be rocked a multitude of ways. Honestly, the NMDs have become the Superstars of this generation, because of how utterly simple they are.

Advertisement
NMDs are comfortable as F, the colorways are simple for the most part and they can be rocked a multitude of ways. Honestly, the NMDs have become the Superstars of this generation, because of how utterly simple they are.
About 3-5 years ago they were flying off the shelf. No one copping them now lol

All the NMD are, are Nike Prestos w/ their boost tech.

No lie; when they first hit, I thought Nike sold them the design rights to it. The Prestos were hot back in the day, then Nike pulled them like they did the Roches. Both shoes comfortable & affordable. Then Adidas’ Nic Galway all of sudden started designing Adidas NMD that eerily mimicked Nike shoes. Nic’s background is automotive design, not shoes and clothes. From 1999-2014, his designs sucked and the consumers let Adidas know by their sales.

Then he struck “gold” w/ the NMD release in late 2015. Well, wouldn’t u know Nike’s 3 lead designers joined Adidas in 2014. No big deal, initially, since there was a competition clause in their release. But as time went on, Nike started noticing Adidas all of sudden having similar shoe designs & technology that was ever so slightly altered.

Hence Nike caught on to how it happened: Mr Dolce, Mr Dekovic, and Mr Miner, got caught giving Adidas, Nike’s future, past, and current designs.

They were sued, ordered to cease & desist in 2018, which ironically coincided to Adidas started to, “all of sudden“, get stale w their designs and color ways. Lol. All that momentum from 2015-2017 started tapering in 2018 which is the same time Nike won its lawsuit against the designers, and hence Adidas.

Adidas is Yeezy over in America. But that rah-rah run they had is over for the time being. Their popularity was only perpetuated by getting protective properties by their main rival; but now that’s done. Their hype beat is Yeezy, which is not bad to have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All the NMD are, are Nike Prestos w/ their boost tech.

No lie; when they first hit, I thought Nike sold them the design rights to it. The Prestos were hot back in the day, then Nike pulled them like they did the Roches. Both shoes comfortable & affordable. Then Adidas’ Nic Galway all of sudden started designing Adidas NMD that eerily mimicked Nike shoes. Nic’s background is automotive design, not shoes and clothes. From 1999-2014, his designs sucked and the consumers let Adidas know by their sales.

Then he struck “gold” w/ the NMD release in late 2015. Well, wouldn’t u know Nike’s 3 lead designers joined Adidas in 2014. No big deal, initially, since there was a competition clause in their release. But as time went on, Nike started noticing Adidas all of sudden having similar shoe designs & technology that was ever so slightly altered.

Hence Nike caught on to how it happened: Mr Dolce, Mr Dekovic, and Mr Miner, got caught giving Adidas, Nike’s future, past, and current designs.

They were sued, ordered to cease & desist in 2018, which ironically coincided to Adidas started to, “all of sudden“, get stale w their designs and color ways. Lol. All that momentum from 2015-2017 started tapering in 2018 which is the same time Nike won its lawsuit against the designers, and hence Adidas.

Adidas is Yeezy over in America. But that rah-rah run they had is over for the time being. Their popularity was only perpetuated by getting protective properties by their main rival; but now that’s done. Their hype beat is Yeezy, which is not bad to have.

Yeezy and Pharrell lol

Rellyrell,

Don't forget UBs. They are a game changer. The most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.

I've got 60/70 pairs of Js but solely rock UBs these days.

These are a tad better made than regular jordan's on top of a limited amount being made. I have zero interest in wearing these just entered the raffle for the sole purpose of selling them to some individual with endless cash who would pay 14k for a pair of sneakers
Great cop based on the stupidity of people paying that much for a super average looking pair of sneaks just because they say Dior on the bottom.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sneakerheads will appreciate this video I just worked on with Complex to get my long-time guy Pat Perez featured on there because of his Jordan collection.

The 18-year PGA Tour pro is the oldest sponsored Jordan athlete and for a kid who pulled his first pair of IV's out of the trash in junior high school (as his family was too poor to buy him any)—to having a shoe deal, MJ on speed dial and traveling to Monte Carlo last year with all the other Jumpman athletes, a dream come true for the kid.

Advertisement
Back