For all those who wanted Coach L fired time to eat CROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
He never forgot to coach just had bad luck with injuries. He has gone toe to toe with some of best teams in the country while here loaded with a six shooter versus their machine guns. He is 7-7 vs Coach K and his band of Superstars. Up until last 3 years of injuries he was upon Roy Williams head to head. His pickups in portal were key and he has number 22 class coming in. If I were in portal I would see what’s happening with this team and want to come too. HE HASNT FORGOTTEN HOW TO COACH. The players will run through a wall for him. That’s what it’s all about. I’ve been watching Canes sports for 60 years now and realize we have plenty of fans who never look at the whole picture.

Advertisement
Didn't think I'd be saying this but no question Miami is one of the top 25 teams in the country right now. So I won't mind eating crow, but let's allow the season to play out first. I haven't been watching UM sports for 60 years, but have been watching long enough to know that we've still got plenty of season left to play and anything can happen. Larranaga in peak form is one of the top X's & O's guys around. Unfortunately, last few years he wasn't his usual self. Our poor recruiting over the past 3-4 years has put this team in a situation where an injury to one of our starters and this season could turn the other way real quick. Great win last night and the winning streak has been a very pleasant surprise to say the least. GO CANES!!

Advertisement
We should eat crow in the beginning of January? The basketball team has been bad a few years running and OP just believes it was injuries! Im certainly as surprised as the next guy at this turn around by the team. Let's see them win an ACC championship before I eat crow though

Let’s wait before we get carried away. We still have a loss to UCF and a blowout loss to Dayton and very close calls against FAU and North Texas. Close games with Canisius, Fordham and Stetson. Not exactly a resume that tells me Coach L has 100% righted the ship. But it is certainly trending that way, which I didn’t think would happen. His winning/500 records against Coach K/Duke and Roy Williams doesn’t paint the whole picture either. He has a low 60’s winning percentage here. With tons of disappointing losses along the way to the UCF’s, etc of the world as well.

Gladly eating crow as well.

Looks like we have a "Big 4" now with J Miller joining Moore, McGusty and Wong as a reliable scorer/defender. Poplar and Walker played some nice minutes against Duke as well.

As for Sam, we don't need his 3 point shooting on this team. I guess he set a pick or three but ... his contribution in 29 minutes as a shooter and rebounder was pretty negligible. We'll need his size though against FSU. For UNC, who's guarding Bacot, 6'10 240?

I’m not eating ****, he’s been awful for some years now and he deserved to get shredded. After last season body shouldn’t been defending him.

The fbi thing was a good excuse for a minute but there’s only twelve guys on a roster. It’s nowhere like football with roster management.

Theres also portal , we’re older than some nba teams right so let’s talk next year. He’s obviously good now but he’s far from off the hot seat.

We also had a bunch of highly rated guys leave and you can’t blame it on the roster being too deep.

I personally like L but one year with a bunch of guys in their 20’s doesn’t make everything wonderful.

Advertisement
I’m not eating ****, he’s been awful for some years now and he deserved to get shredded. The fbi thing was a good excuse for a minute but there’s only twelve guys on a roster. Then a portal , we’re older than some nba teams right so let’s talk next year. He’s obviously good now but he’s far from off the hot seat.

We also had a bunch of highly rated guys leave and you can’t blame it on the roster being too deep.

I personally like L but one year with a bunch of guys in their 20’s doesn’t make everything wonderful.

Honestly you don’t understand how running a team works if you make this post.

Players aren’t served in a buffet and you just take who you want. Miami has ZERO basketball legacy and crappy fans who don’t come to games.

L was competing for top tier ACC talent until the FBI investigation. Comparing how a traditional power like Louisville with decades of infrastructure and fans that go to games recovered from the FBI scandal is plain ignorant of reality.

And when the high end recruits say it doesn’t make sense to take a risk on going to miami with the FBI scandal and the program being down, you can’t just then pick the 2 star guy who can compete in the ACC to fill your roster. It doesn’t work that way.

Two years ago was the first year that miami was able to get back their footing with upper level recruits… which coincides with us beating Duke at Duke on a 9 game win streak.

Honestly you don’t understand how running a team works if you make this post.

Players aren’t served in a buffet and you just take who you want. Miami has ZERO basketball legacy and crappy fans who don’t come to games.

L was competing for top tier ACC talent until the FBI investigation. Comparing how a traditional power like Louisville with decades of infrastructure and fans that go to games recovered from the FBI scandal is plain ignorant of reality.

And when the high end recruits say it doesn’t make sense to take a risk on going to miami with the FBI scandal and the program being down, you can’t just then pick the 2 star guy who can compete in the ACC to fill your roster. It doesn’t work that way.

Two years ago was the first year that miami was able to get back their footing with upper level recruits… which coincides with us beating Duke at Duke on a 9 game win streak.
First off I’ve been around basketball and football my entire life , so I think I know how a roster is built. Second we were far from the only team involved in this fbi deal. So spare me on that excuse. You sound like the Al Folden cult with the “ cloud excuse “.

This isn’t football , the elite kids only hang around one , maybe two years. It’s not like we were getting the death penalty lol. There was plenty to sell kids on especially with our roster depth while playing in the Acc. Come here play all the minutes you want, ball out and go get your money. The bigs recruiting alone is some of the worst I’ve ever seen in my life.

Its also not just the roster management , it’s been been a sloppy product especially on offense, it’s always a jambled mess , pretty much street ball. Setting a high screen , drive or kick. Rinse repeat. The only difference this year is he has a bunch of extremely old guys making plays. There was nothing schematic about last night , that was a bunch of 22-23 year olds beating younger guys off the dribble or the screen. That wasn’t x’s or o’s lol. A sixth year pg was beating some kids like a drum lol. Let’s call it what it was.

Like I said I like the guy but after last season the excuses are done. It’s been unacceptable. Hopefully he finally adds depth and doesn’t run off more Fr. But one year doesn’t make everything better.

You’re crazy if you don’t think he wasn’t done this year with another bad season, because he was.

First off I’ve been around basketball and football my entire life , so I think I know how a roster is built. Second we were far from the only team involved in this fbi deal. So spare me on that excuse. You sound like the Al Folden cult with the “ cloud excuse “.

This isn’t football , the elite kids only hang around one , maybe two years. It’s not like we were getting the death penalty lol. There was plenty to sell kids on especially with our roster depth while playing in the Acc. Come here play all the minutes you want, ball out and go get your money. The bigs recruiting alone is some of the worst I’ve ever seen in my life.

Its also not just the roster management , it’s been been a sloppy product especially on offense, it’s always a jambled mess , pretty much street ball. Setting a high screen , drive or kick. Rinse repeat. The only difference this year is he has a bunch of extremely old guys making plays. There was nothing schematic about last night , that was a bunch of 22-23 year olds beating younger guys off the dribble or the screen. That wasn’t x’s or o’s lol. A sixth year pg was beating some kids like a drum lol. Let’s call it what it was.

Like I said I like the guy but after last season the excuses are done. It’s been unacceptable. Hopefully he finally adds depth and doesn’t run off more Fr. But one year doesn’t make everything better.

You’re crazy if you don’t think he wasn’t done this year with another bad season, because he was.

Wow. This is such a bad and wrong - even clueless - post on so many levels. I’ll just chalk it up to you being a football guy and not really understanding college basketball.

And you don’t really know UM’s power brokers if you don’t know that L wasn’t done after this year unless he wanted to be done, period.

Wow. This is such a bad and wrong - even clueless - post on so many levels. I’ll just chalk it up to you being a football guy and not really understanding college basketball.

And you don’t really know UM’s power brokers if you don’t know that L wasn’t done after this year unless he wanted to be done, period.
Juat calling me wrong doesn’t make you right fella. I’m the guy looking at this from
every angle not blindly slurping a coach. I said after last year it was time to evaluate the program. There’s a bunch of red flags staring you in the face. Meaning there’s concerns.

You’re the type to blindly follow without asking questions, while making excuses until the program blows up in your face. I went into this year as he must do something , we can’t suck for a fourth year in a row. To his credit he’s winning but I also know this team is older than some nba teams. Once again because Im looking at the situation as a whole, not emotionally or because I know the coach or have some emotional connection.

Btw calling me a football guy might be a passive way to take the focus off the argument but trust me this “ football guy “ likely knows more than you’ll ever believe about basketball and been around it just much as much as football.

Obviously there’s a mope / slurper battle over here just like the football board and per usual I’m in the middle. I’ve never been a fire L guy but if the last few years isn’t a concern you’re blindly slurping. Just taking a paint brush and saying “ FBI scandal “ or “ you’re a football guy “ doesn’t make you right. Because that’s been your entire argument Lol. Oh and saying i’m wrong.

Which tells me everything. You have nothing so this debate is useless.

As for the “ power brokers “ lol. Like that’s really a thing. Football pays all the bills here and we have decades of people not caring. While having a real reason to care. So I’m sure basketball was a real priority lol. You are smoking crack if you don’t think Rad wasn’t taking a long hard look at the basketball program after another losing record , especially after the last three seasons.

Lastly I’ll say this…,Miami was not the only program involved in the FBI scandal yet we are theone still using it as an excuse years later lol. Now ill let you get back to calling me “wrong , a football guy , making the same one excuse“ and saying nothing else.

Btw be careful with telling people to eat crow around here , if tends to come back around:

Advertisement

In one breath you're saying you've been around basketball all your life.

Then you say some stupid ****t like this.

"There was nothing schematic about last night , that was a bunch of 22-23 year olds beating younger guys off the dribble or the screen. That wasn’t x’s or o’s lol. A sixth year pg was beating some kids like a drum lol. Let’s call it what it was."

Stop acting like they were playing a game of hustle.

You're so caught up in being right that you can't even recognize that the team , a 15 point road dog btw, played great last night. They ate Duke alive with back door cuts all night long had 15 steals, only turned the ball over 5 times, grabbed 10 offensive boards and 1 huge offensive rebound with under a minute left and made shots, free throws and got to the rim consistently. Coach K didn't have an answer for any of that. That
sounds like a well coached team that went on the road and into Cameron & beat the #2 team in the country against the odds and yet you're here this morning acting like someone urinated in your coffee.

Just so you can justify your narrative that coach L is or was close to being done as the head coach at the U.

I know crow doesn't taste good. Just eat the ****t , take your L and move on and enjoy the ride bro.

In one breath you're saying you've been around basketball all your life.

Then you say some stupid ****t like this.

"There was nothing schematic about last night , that was a bunch of 22-23 year olds beating younger guys off the dribble or the screen. That wasn’t x’s or o’s lol. A sixth year pg was beating some kids like a drum lol. Let’s call it what it was."

Stop acting like they were playing a game of hustle.

You're so caught up in being right that you can't even recognize that the team , a 15 point road dog btw, played great last night. They ate Duke alive with back door cuts all night long had 15 steals, only turned the ball over 5 times, grabbed 10 offensive boards and 1 huge offensive rebound with under a minute left and made shots, free throws and got to the rim consistently. Coach K didn't have an answer for any of that. That
sounds like a well coached team that went on the road and into Cameron & beat the #2 team in the country against the odds and yet you're here this morning acting like someone urinated in your coffee.

Just so you can justify your narrative that coach L is or was close to being done as the head coach at the U.

I know crow doesn't taste good. Just eat the ****t , take your L and move on and enjoy the ride bro.

I’d like to report a murder.

Lol 7-7 vs Duke/Coach K is “street ball” and just letting athletes play. I mean the level of clueless is astonishing.

Ironically, you could criticize L’s offense in legitimate ways (it requires certain ingredients to “go” — but then again so does every offense)… but “street ball” is not one of them. It’s a high ball screen offense designed to create spacing and create mismatches specifically to beat blue bloods with more size whose base defense is man to man.

Lol 7-7 vs Duke/Coach K is “street ball” and just letting athletes play. I mean the level of clueless is astonishing.

Ironically, you could criticize L’s offense in legitimate ways (it requires certain ingredients to “go” — but then again so does every offense)… but “street ball” is not one of them. It’s a high ball screen offense designed to create spacing and create mismatches specifically to beat blue bloods with more size whose base defense is man to man.
I think it's safe to say Coach L out coached coach K last night.

Advertisement

Dude, don't bother. He's a fake insider who craves attention. His self-worth is tied up in this anonymous CIS profile of "cribby", so he obviously can't admit that he was wrong.

He occasionally breaks some news on the other side, meaning he has SOME connections within Hecht - which makes it even sadder. It's possible he even works at the school. Every time he gets some sort of news, he runs here and posts it. I mean, what does that tell you about the guy?

He's good for an inside scoop here and there, but his opinions and analysis are consistently worthless. He's too bought into this schtick to admit that he (and many others!) was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back