For all the UM basketball fans...

You are an idiot and clearly a 12 year old who got ahold of moms computer and have no idea how the money works.

Btw the basketball arena opened the day after the 2001 national championship game with a win over UNC. Amazing how she took all that money in one day.

Advertisement
Thanks for the good laugh. Miami is not all about football. There are other sports that have left their mark on college sports history. I'll never understand the people who say they are not a Miami sports fan. It's great to see basketball come back the way it has. Cheer for Miami no matter what the sport.

Can we please keep all the coach golden whining crying and negative bs outta the basketball posts. It has ZERO to do with it.

Pretty much trolling. No use in feeding the guy anymore after this message.

No ****e...trolling bandwagoneer. Typical ****ed off Yankees, Alabama (when UM football is down), SF Giants (big time recently), Seahawks, Spurs and Dookie fan.

UM

Advertisement
I get that you're just trying to support your school. Nothing wrong with that sentiment, but you're being ignorant to the way things went down.

In 2001, we won our last football national title. Donna should have invested all the money that came from that back in to football. Instead, she took the money that football brought in and built the basketball arena. Hired basketball coaches. Promoted basketball.

Meanwhile, our football program tanked because we cheaped out on coaches, facilities, and our football budget.

I see nothing has changed.

Just my opinion, but **** UM basketball.

**** donna for trying to shove it down our throats. FOOTBALL is the sport of Miami, period, end of story, done.

Go f yourself

Or, we have a real coach.

Its as simple as this. Listen to Coach L's post game analysis that reveals real knowledge of the opponent vs a cliche fest. The pre-game he gave the team was definitive instruction with authority - those guys were prepared and jacked up with a clear map in their heads how to beat Illinois.

Players flock to this guy, transfer to be able to play for him. Get developed. Win. Football may be Miami's trademark, but being good at basketball doesn't subtract from it. In fact it should inspire the other sports to match the success. Go Canes.

You are an idiot and clearly a 12 year old who got ahold of moms computer and have no idea how the money works.

Btw the basketball arena opened the day after the 2001 national championship game with a win over UNC. Amazing how she took all that money in one day.

I think the OP is being ridiculous but the basketball arena opened up the day after the 2002 National Championship. I remember being in a hotel in Tempe watching the game. Not trying to be annoying just brought back some memories.

Advertisement
Again if ur not a canes hoops fan but claim to be a canes football fan u r not a real cane. Anyone who supports other teams in other sports but wants to shout about being a cane isn't a cane nor is a fan of the university. congrsts on the job coach L is doing

EzdQHML.gif

I don't give a **** about coach L.... unless he wants to coach receivers or something he's just another bum to me.

that "bum" took tiny little George Mason to the final four in 2006. that "bum" won the first ever conference tournament championship in arguably the best conference in college basketball that this school has ever seen. stop being ignorant.

Advertisement
I get that you're just trying to support your school. Nothing wrong with that sentiment, but you're being ignorant to the way things went down.

In 2001, we won our last football national title. Donna should have invested all the money that came from that back in to football. Instead, she took the money that football brought in and built the basketball arena. Hired basketball coaches. Promoted basketball.

Meanwhile, our football program tanked because we cheaped out on coaches, facilities, and our football budget.

I see nothing has changed.

Just my opinion, but **** UM basketball.

**** donna for trying to shove it down our throats. FOOTBALL is the sport of Miami, period, end of story, done.
this rivals some of the most twisted ridiculous logic I have had the misfortune of being exposed to on this site and that's saying something.

Again if ur not a canes hoops fan but claim to be a canes football fan u r not a real cane. Anyone who supports other teams in other sports but wants to shout about being a cane isn't a cane nor is a fan of the university. congrsts on the job coach L is doing

I think OP's post is insane but yours is just flat out wrong. people have the right to be fan of whichever sport they want without having someone else declare that they aren't a real fan. I support the hoops team but I just think you are dead wrong.

The op must be a duke fan during bball season. Sorry buddy i love canes everything, i wont stop supporting bball because Golden sucks

Advertisement
Don't be a tool. If she invested in 2001, I would have agreed football was humming and she could put some equity in our fledgling basketball program. (A program that used to pull a few dozen folks to Miami Arena). If there's a gripe, it's that we've cheaped out over the last *5* years spending on cut-rate coaches when she's achieving record-breaking fund raising.

It's macho that you like football - I prefer we win there too - but if you love the U so much, you'd appreciate a winning basketball (and baseball, tennis, etc) program as well.

Advertisement
Back