For all the UM basketball fans...

Beef Stew

Freshman
I get that you're just trying to support your school. Nothing wrong with that sentiment, but you're being ignorant to the way things went down.

In 2001, we won our last football national title. Donna should have invested all the money that came from that back in to football. Instead, she took the money that football brought in and built the basketball arena. Hired basketball coaches. Promoted basketball.

Meanwhile, our football program tanked because we cheaped out on coaches, facilities, and our football budget.

I see nothing has changed.

Just my opinion, but **** UM basketball.

**** donna for trying to shove it down our throats. FOOTBALL is the sport of Miami, period, end of story, done.

Advertisement
Our football team is my first love but I can't hate the basketball team. Coach L is the best coach on campus and probably belongs at a much better basketball school. The basketball team the last few years has shown fight and even embarrassed some front runners. I will protest, fund billboards, refuse to buy tickets, and do whatever I can for changes to the football side but the basketball team has earned our support. If you don't like basketball that's understandable but this team is well coached and fun.

Advertisement
I will never hate a Canes team in any sport. Love Coach L and the basketball team. I'll continue watching every game and rooting for them. I will also do what I can to let the BOT and Admin know Golden is ruining the football program.

I get that you're just trying to support your school. Nothing wrong with that sentiment, but you're being ignorant to the way things went down.

In 2001, we won our last football national title. Donna should have invested all the money that came from that back in to football. Instead, she took the money that football brought in and built the basketball arena. Hired basketball coaches. Promoted basketball.

Meanwhile, our football program tanked because we cheaped out on coaches, facilities, and our football budget.

I see nothing has changed.

Just my opinion, but **** UM basketball.

**** donna for trying to shove it down our throats. FOOTBALL is the sport of Miami, period, end of story, done.

Even when she tries she sucks. All her coaches were horrible -- Coach L was just luck, he virtually forced his own hire.

Advertisement
Our football team is my first love but I can't hate the basketball team. Coach L is the best coach on campus and probably belongs at a much better basketball school. The basketball team the last few years has shown fight and even embarrassed some front runners. I will protest, fund billboards, refuse to buy tickets, and do whatever I can for changes to the football side but the basketball team has earned our support. If you don't like basketball that's understandable but this team is well coached and fun.

I don't give a **** about coach L.... unless he wants to coach receivers or something he's just another bum to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone please make a video of coach L doing the boxing barrage in the locker room into Golden's face.

Please

I don't give a **** about coach L.... unless he wants to coach receivers or something he's just another bum to me.

Well you're a clown. Don't blame basketball because the football program is a joke. The administration happened to hire a **** of a coach and the program has upgraded tremendously. They thought they made a great hire in Golden. Obviously they were wrong but you can't blame the BB program at all.

Be ****y about something so ridiculous if you want, but no way I'm boycotting the only thing Miami has worth watching and/or spending money on.

The only thing this piece of **** administration did for THIS basketball team and coaching staff was (luckily) received an email from a good coach who for some ungodly reason wanted to come here and he is more than surpassing expectations.

Maybe Butch can email the admin and get the football job when it opens in 2020; who knows.

HashtagBasketballU

Advertisement
Back