Football School: A coach's view inside the transfer portal

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Message boards are full of so-called experts who never played or coached the game at the high levels. I’m one of them. CanesInSight is blessed to have Mike Zuckerman, a ten-year college coaching veteran, take us to Football School. He will join the show regularly to provide insight on terms we use every day, but may not fully understand.

Zuck, a Miami alum, spent seven years in UM’s football program in various roles and, for the past three years, served as the linebackers...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
“an entire department that’s job is to constantly monitor the portal.”

Where do I apply?

I would like to know how a defensive team prepares for playing a team the first time. For instance, how would Miami's defensive coaches plan to play against UF's offense for the first game of the season? And if they just watch tape of the previous season, what if the coaching staff is different from the opponent's previous season? Also how are adjustments made at half? What is that conversation like? Who talks at halftime?

Also, is Geddy Lee really NYSOM? Does Coach Zuck know that?

Transfer portal is a bit crazy, they need to find the right rules for it. Maybe bring back the 1 year rule but you don't lose that year of eligibility? Maybe they are only allowed to play 4 games and redshirt? Idk they need to find some kind of balance.

Advertisement
I would like to know how a defensive team prepares for playing a team the first time. For instance, how would Miami's defensive coaches plan to play against UF's offense for the first game of the season? And if they just watch tape of the previous season, what if the coaching staff is different from the opponent's previous season? Also how are adjustments made at half? What is that conversation like? Who talks at halftime?

Also, is Geddy Lee really NYSOM? Does Coach Zuck know that?
Love this idea. We will do it on a future show.

Advertisement
Back