"Football City"

Advertisement
South Carolina has produced a bunch of really good athletes.

They may not have the sheer volume as regions like South FL, Houston, Southern Cali, ATL etc...
But in terms of just pure quality of players, they stack up with any region.

Some of the best players in the league are from South Car.

Last edited:
South Carolina has produced a bunch of really good athletes.

They may not have the sheer volume as regions like South FL, Houston, Southern Cali, ATL etc...
But in terms of just pure quality of players, they stack up with any region.

Some of the best players in the league are from South Car.

They have some great family bloodlines in that state - Geathers, Boulware. et al have produced serious athletes alone.

Advertisement
I live in Rock Hill/Clover area. To have 24 players in the league from a town this small is crazy. Obvious the South Florida has more, but there’s also 50x the population.

No telling how many of those cats are actually from right across the state line in Charlotte

85D54EBB-211D-4973-8AD0-1DC1BE3A3ACB.png

Camden, NJ. Cracks the top 10 in professional athletes produced in a city 3 square miles big!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Northern part of the state
I have a buddy from there. He refers to that area as "The Upstate" I thought that is in the area of Rock Hill? He's from near Greenville and tells me it's super good football through there. Never heard of South Cak though. Thanks!

New Orleans is under-represented because of Katrina. A ton of families got displaced and never came back, usually because they had no insurance and nothing to come back to. End result, 18 years later, is you've got a bunch of families/dudes scattered all over the country who really would otherwise be in New Orleans.

Advertisement
I think im one of the first iof not only to say recruit south carolina YEARLY for lineman...preferably DLINEMAN
I used to go to the NC vs SC high school all-star game every year and those lines were always loaded. That's where I saw Zion Nelson for the first time and he was holding his own.. I think it was against Zacch Pickens when he really impressed me. He might have been 235 at the time against a 285 pound Pickens during the week of practice.

Advertisement
Back