Food for Thought

lurk

Recruit
Since we have not been relevant for about 15 years (except for 2017), perhaps what we (me absolutely included) UM fans are known for has not been the secret solution.

Everyone's butt hurt (me absolutely included) from starting the year at number 8, on the heals of Richt getting us to 10-0 and number 2 at one point last year (thumping a decent Virginia Tech and a very good Notre Dame team--- all with Mailk Rosier as the QB, for God's sake).

But remember how we same posters (#metoo) were trashing Golden silly after season two and three and four (and much of five) trying to run off recruits telling them "NO RECRUIT SHOULD CONSIDER MIAMI BECAUSE WE HAVE SUCH TERRIBLE COACHES" ? I know I remember that--- I was one of them!

Well, the recruits that weren't scared off--- the recruits that weren't worthy of being offered bags and chose to come to UM when we posters thought they were idiots to come to Miami---- well, THOSE ARE THE GUYS RICHT IS COACHING NOW.

I sure as **** ain't saying we will win the NC in spite of the bags at the SEC schools, etc, etc, but I know that if Richt quits or is fired someday in the next four years, we would be SELFISH AND PROTECTING OUR OWN INTEREST BY NOT (me included) BEING A BUNCH OF SNIVILING LITTLE CRY-BABIES THAT HAVE SO MUCH ANIMOSITY FOR GETTING OUR EXPECTATIONS SO HIGH AND NOT HAVING THE TEAM EXCEED THEM.

After all, the coach that follows Richt one day would be easier to recruit if we (me included) weren't such buttholes AND the team was stocked with players recruited to a supportive, stable environment.

Is it something to consider that Georgia was able to hire Smart and win (predominantly) with Richt's players recruited in a supportive, stable environment.

I know the tendency is to flame away at anyone who doesn't flame away at the coaches (or even in a tribute to DJax, of all places) (similarly, I saw a resuscitated post recently after the LSU game that went savage on Richt for hiring and keeping Diaz, of all people) but I for one am realizing that maybe, just maybe I should be a little more thoughtful and realizing that what Richt inherited (3 years of substandered recruiting by AL) was not exactly a cupboard full, and last year's perfect start was a sign of what IS POSSIBLE if we are a bit more selfish and think of what environment will get UM back sooner than later.

Before you knee-jerk react, please read a second time. Really, PLEASE reread. You may still disagree but perhaps you might realize this FOOD FOR THOUGHT is actually worthy of consideration-- especially if you're selfish for UM's to succeed.

PS1Nothing herein changes my opinion that Richt made a mistake by not staying with Perry from the FSU game on. And nothing herein changes my PREFERENCE that we Richt hires a great offensive coordinator who can choose to keep Searles, or not.

PS2 Nothing in PS1 changes anything I said prior to PS1

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have so few brain cells left that you actually thought your post deserved a serious discussion. May the gods have mercy on your soul.
80s-awakward-cringe-oh-no.gif

Basically that fans need to stop acting like ******** and that Richt didn't inherit a stacked roster. So the latter is basically excusable for year 3 that we lose 4 straight games to UVA, BC, GT and Duke.
Miami fans stop acting like ********? lol that'll happen about the same time I stop wanting to sleep with Halle Berry.

halle-berry-swordfish.jpg

Advertisement
Since we have not been relevant for about 15 years (except for 2017), perhaps what we (me absolutely included) UM fans are known for has not been the secret solution.

Everyone's butt hurt (me absolutely included) from starting the year at number 8, on the heals of Richt getting us to 10-0 and number 2 at one point last year (thumping a decent Virginia Tech and a very good Notre Dame team--- all with Mailk Rosier as the QB, for God's sake).

But remember how we same posters (#metoo) were trashing Golden silly after season two and three and four (and much of five) trying to run off recruits telling them "NO RECRUIT SHOULD CONSIDER MIAMI BECAUSE WE HAVE SUCH TERRIBLE COACHES" ? I know I remember that--- I was one of them!

Well, the recruits that weren't scared off--- the recruits that weren't worthy of being offered bags and chose to come to UM when we posters thought they were idiots to come to Miami---- well, THOSE ARE THE GUYS RICHT IS COACHING NOW.

I sure as **** ain't saying we will win the NC in spite of the bags at the SEC schools, etc, etc, but I know that if Richt quits or is fired someday in the next four years, we would be SELFISH AND PROTECTING OUR OWN INTEREST BY NOT (me included) BEING A BUNCH OF SNIVILING LITTLE CRY-BABIES THAT HAVE SO MUCH ANIMOSITY FOR GETTING OUR EXPECTATIONS SO HIGH AND NOT HAVING THE TEAM EXCEED THEM.

After all, the coach that follows Richt one day would be easier to recruit if we (me included) weren't such buttholes AND the team was stocked with players recruited to a supportive, stable environment.

Is it something to consider that Georgia was able to hire Smart and win (predominantly) with Richt's players recruited in a supportive, stable environment.

I know the tendency is to flame away at anyone who doesn't flame away at the coaches (or even in a tribute to DJax, of all places) (similarly, I saw a resuscitated post recently after the LSU game that went savage on Richt for hiring and keeping Diaz, of all people) but I for one am realizing that maybe, just maybe I should be a little more thoughtful and realizing that what Richt inherited (3 years of substandered recruiting by AL) was not exactly a cupboard full, and last year's perfect start was a sign of what IS POSSIBLE if we are a bit more selfish and think of what environment will get UM back sooner than later.

Before you knee-jerk react, please read a second time. Really, PLEASE reread. You may still disagree but perhaps you might realize this FOOD FOR THOUGHT is actually worthy of consideration-- especially if you're selfish for UM's to succeed.

PS1Nothing herein changes my opinion that Richt made a mistake by not staying with Perry from the FSU game on. And nothing herein changes my PREFERENCE that we Richt hires a great offensive coordinator who can choose to keep Searles, or not.

PS2 Nothing in PS1 changes anything I said prior to PS1

Nice try, but...flames gonna flame.

It's what they do.

Advertisement
I agree with you 100% our fans have a right to be upset about this season as I am also but the way people talk on this website is worse than anything I've seen on the field. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being downright nasty. An example is. With our line not blocking well we should do more roll outs and quick passes and we need to do better game time adjustments to adjust to what to the defences are throwing at us. And if anyone says I am not a real fan. I am a 30 year season ticket holder and I drove 2500 mile roundtrip to watch them play in texas

Funny how other coaches are able to do a lot more with a lot less.

Perhaps getting to #2 in the country 10 games in with Malik Rosier as QB, and a roster of players that Golden, of all imbecciles, was able to recruit (and an offensive line recruited by Kehoe) was Richt and staff doing a fair amount with fairly little. You obviously have a differing opinions.

But the "more with less" is all about a time slice. Few places go from 15 year ****show to BIGSHOW in one uninterrupted meteoric climb. Clemson with Dabo. UM in the 80's. Some more, but not a ton.

At least this is what I have come to consider.

Advertisement
I think we fans significantly overestimate our influence in the outcomes of this program, good or bad.

The fans are definitely part of the problem. A very small part, but they contribute nonetheless.
Sure we are. I’ve read your study on this subject and remember that your foolproof science revealed the fans to be 19.35% at fault for Rick’s inability to either: a. Recruit good enough players on offense to overcome his **** system, or; b. Coach well enough to overcome the ****** players that he signed.

Smh, I guess your intent was good but geeezzzz focus on the simple fact that even with the worst Golden recruiting class we should win the Coastal, (worse division in the P5) and there is absolutely NOOOOO!!!! excuse for losing 4 in a row in the ACC.

Advertisement
Back