Foley felt the need to publicly endorse Muschump:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomb

Band
Banned
This is going to be long, epic downward spiral. What a great ******* day. Recruits, pay attention.

http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/co...ators-coach-will-muschamps-not-going-anywhere

Orlando Sentinel

COLUMBIA, MO. — The inevitable questions about the direction of the Gators football program after back-to-back beatdowns were put to rest Saturday by Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley.

Following the Gators 36-17 thumping at Missouri, Foley endorsed head coach Will Muschamp. Foley told the Gainesville Sun, “[Muschamp’s] not going anywhere, and I’m not going anywhere.”

Muschamp is 22-11 at UF, including 13-8 in SEC play. The Gators are 4-3, 3-2 entering an open week.

Urban Meyer, Muschamp’s predecessor, was 27-6 (15-6 SEC), through his first 33 games at Florida. Steve Spurrier also was 27-6, but 19-3 in SEC play.

Ron Zook was 20-13 (14-7), but the 33rd game he coached at Florida ended in a 38-31 loss at Mississippi State. It led the school to fire him two days later.

Foley, one of the nation’s most powerful athletic directors, has extended Muschamp’s contract twice and it is now scheduled to expire at the end of the 2017 season. In August, the school awarded Muschamp a $250,000 annual raise largely due to the Gators’ 11-win season in 2012.

Muschamp, 42, is the SEC’s seventh-highest-paid coach, making $2.928 million.

On its way to a 500-yard day, Missouri’s high-powered offense challenged the SEC’s top-ranked defense from the opening snap. A 41-yard completion from Maty Mauk to L’Damian Washington set the tone for a long day for the Gators.

Florida had allowed an NCAA-best one play longer than 40 yards in six games prior to Saturday’s loss. The unbeaten Tigers had three of those long plays against UF, including a 52-yard completion on the second play of the second half.

“Too many big plays,” Muschamp said. “We haven’t done those things.”

Advertisement
Just this year, the USC AD also publicly endorsed Kiffin also.....ruh roh

Advertisement
Usually the public endorsement is the beginning of the end. It means there's already been rumblings.

I don't want him to lose anymore games this season.
I want him at u***g for a few more years.

@fbrumormill: Ron Zook had a better SEC record at Florida after 2.5 seasons than does Will Muschamp
http://t.co/SNicbN8YBW

Speaking of Florida, this was the week Ron Zook was fired in year three. Zook’s record was 20-13 overall and 14-7 in the SEC. Muschamp’s record is 22-11 overall and 13-8 in the SEC. Let that simmer for a minute…

Advertisement
Kiffin part deux
602.gif

Advertisement
Hes not going anywhere until they get some games in next year. If they start off poorly he will be fired early in the season. If they start strong but end up with 7 or 8 wins he will be fired at the end of the season, 9 wins he may save his job and 10+ he gets another year guaranteed.

I figured he would be "kiffined" this past saturday. I'm sure his butt was tight that whole trip back from Columbia.

Advertisement
I dont like that "vote of confidence" thing, it means the bull gators are looking for a replacement and getting in Foley's ear about it. I hope he stays at least 2 more years, he's just as damaging as Coker ever thought about being, maybe worse. At least Zook left those effers stacked to the brim for *** to walk into.

They will probably lose at least 3 maybe 4 more games.....they have Georgia, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and FSU left. Muschamp is gone. Book it.

They managed 150 total yards against Missouri. Why any offensive player would want to go there is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back