Folden will try to say HE made changes to Staff

When in actuality, Carroll, Franklin and Barrow jumped ship because Folden is running a CESSPOOL organization.

"Joe, I made some staff changes. The new coaches are working their tails off."

So leaving for the NFL is jumping ship? Your argument would make more sense if they had left for lateral moves. Dont let your hate cloud your judgement.
Jethro likely called in a favor to get a gig back west where he's got some ties. Del Rio is the new HC for the Raiders...Jethro's coaching ties go back to his stint at USCw...Del Rio's a USCw alumnus. Not a direct tie--but they likely know some of the same people. Ken Norton Jr is the new DC there, and Jethro and him were on the USCw coaching staff together in 2005 and 2009. Jethro probably either 1) saw the writing on the wall and got a gig where he could before he was fired, or 2) decided to leave for a gig now w/o being fired as part of the firings at Miami after next season. It's a smart, pro-savvy move on his part.

Carroll probably saw the same thing, and privately spoke with his pops to get a job and keep his coaching career progression going in Seattle. Had he been fired, that would have put a damper on what so far looks to be a promising career arc for Brennan.

The Barrow move to Seattle is less obvious since there was a lapse due to family issues between him leaving Miami and then accepting a position in Seattle. Barrow saw an NFL chance and took it as opposed to coming back to Chumley's staph. Barrow probably earned some looks at NFL spots by helping coach in Mobile at the Senior Bowl this year.

So...really, these weren't guys leaving for the NFL because there was major NFL demand for their services (maybe Barrow to a point, but not really). These were guys making moves in their careers because their hand was forced by how much of a downward trajectory we're on with the current staph. They left before they were either fired outright, or their names/market value sullied by the next upcoming year of a sh1tstorm that we're likely to go thru under Chumley & Co.

Advertisement
The Beard hype is as baseless as the hype on the new Yeezy sneaks Adidas is releasing in a few days.

The guy was a position coach in HS football. He wasn't even a HS coordinator. No experience at this level. No apprenticeship under any great offensive minds. You guys are this starved?

He's going to need a bigger bus called, "it all starts with me" to throw his entire staff and players under.

Advertisement
Just the opposite.

Golden didn't want to make changes to his staff. And if he was going to be forced to makes a few token changes at the behest of the administration, he wanted it to be guys leaving on their own so it didn't look like he was bending to fan pressure to do something. Just wait until this fall when Miami sucks *** again. He'll make it sound like Carroll and Franklin are surefire first ballot coaching hall of famers to excuse the losing. Just wait on it.

This.

You guys should not be concerned with what AG is saying to the media. He's on barrowed time and there is nothing short of saying, "I don't belong here", that would make anyone happy. That's not coming out of his mouth. So let's just sit back and see what he can do with his barrowed time.

Advertisement
Lol at family being the reason Barrow left Miami. You guys are too much sometimes.
So dumb and gullible.

It is. If you really believe that you leave a team about unreported family issues, you are truely a dumb person.

Combine that with him moving as far as possible away from Homestead a few months later, and these guys still don't see the game.

I would rather see barrow go to Florida.

You guys should not be concerned with what AG is saying to the media. He's on barrowed time and there is nothing short of saying, "I don't belong here", that would make anyone happy. That's not coming out of his mouth. So let's just sit back and see what he can do with his barrowed time.

BORROWED. IT'S SPELLED BORROWED.

I'm a huge Mike Barrow fan. I spell Borrowed, barrowed. Deal with it.

Advertisement

I'm a huge Mike Barrow fan. I spell Borrowed, barrowed. Deal with it.

You probably pronounce Coley like "collie" too. GTFOOH...

well he could say it but he will look like a complete idiot if he does

He has proven over and over that he does not mind looking like a complete fool. Remember, this is the guy that said the WIND is the reason why UM lost to South Carolina in the bowl game.

Here's one after a loss in 2015:

"Joe, we lost some quality coaches to the NFL. It is hard to win when that happens. But we are going to keep working our tails off."

Did he really say that or is that a rumor? Some1 please pm the link

He said it.......

Can I have a link to it? Not that I don't believe you but I just wanna hear? Its kinda those you gotta see (or hear it) to believe it.

Serious question, do you actually follow the team, listen to postgame, etc.? This was one of those WTF statements that was repeated everywhere and roundly mocked (as it should have been).

“The whole week was improved because the guys that were there last year shared with some of the younger guys what we have to do. We were ready to play. We came out smoking. Then the field flipped and they go with the wind and they got 17 points. We battled back to 17-14 without with the wind, and I’m saying, ‘We’re going to win the game.’

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-21-loss-to-south-carolina.html#storylink=cpy

this is the bottom line, Carroll, franklin, and williams are widely known to be disliked by the south florida football community. Someone forced golden to makes changes, Franklin got the hook up from his buddy ken norton jr and del rio's a usc guy so it worked. Brennan called his dad. both guys didnt just depart randomly, if they wanted off this ship, they would have jumped ship after the season. Now, next year the BOT will go to golden when he underperforms and say "The changes didn't work. we are going in a different direction as program."

on a side note, some of you crack me up. Franklin has been ripped on the board since he got here. now u got your wish and the same people are ripping golden for losing a coach to the NFL. NFL is an old boys network. How many coaches in NFL are horrible with horrible track records and continute to get jobs? a ton.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back