Flying from Australia for the GT game. Need help

slice1987

Recruit
I've been a diehard UM fan since I started watching football in the early 2000s and want to fly from Australia just to watch my first ever game.

I'm coming for the game against GT and need some advice on the best place to grab good tickets and where the best place to sit is. Any tips are helpful...

Advertisement
Hit the Blue Lot 12 as soon as you touch down. Ask for Juan from Little Havana, he's always happy to guide Canes fans on a tour bout dat lyfe.

If you are the athletic sort.....The best gym in town is the downtown Y. If you can get there by 5:30 AM sharpish, I'll be glad to show you the ropes.

Where in Australia? Your country rocks.

What kind of budget are you working for and how long will you be in town?

Advertisement

I'm from Melbourne mate.

No budget... Seeing a Miami home game has been number one on my bucket list for years and I'm not really worried about the expense. I'll be in the country for a couple of weeks and the girlfriend wants to go to Mexico but the trip is for my 30th so it's pretty much just to see a home game and get down to see a high school game as well.

I'm from Melbourne mate.

No budget... Seeing a Miami home game has been number one on my bucket list for years and I'm not really worried about the expense. I'll be in the country for a couple of weeks and the girlfriend wants to go to Mexico but the trip is for my 30th so it's pretty much just to see a home game and get down to see a high school game as well.

Stone crab season starts October 15. You should try to hit up Joe's on South Beach for sure.

Most of the posts will be... interesting.

In Miami, make sure you visit Coral Gables and the the UM campus and surroundings, it's flat out beautiful. For nightlife, try Brickell (huge tip - Downtown Miami is to be avoided at all costs, but cross the Miami River and head south and you are in a completely different environment.)

Joe's in South Beach is a good tip, but very $$$.

I'm from Melbourne mate.

That's my kind of party!

Go watch Lingered if you can! I wish I could.

Advertisement

I'm from Melbourne mate.

That's my kind of party!

As I said this is been THE trip I've wanted to take for years so gotta make it count. Ideas on best seats for atmosphere/best viewing? Best place for pre game drinking?

I'm from Melbourne mate.

That's my kind of party!

As I said this is been THE trip I've wanted to take for years so gotta make it count. Ideas on best seats for atmosphere/best viewing? Best place for pre game drinking?

Best pre game drinking will be at the stadium. Rent an suv and fly an Aussie flag along with a hurricane flag. Someone will strike up conversation for sure. Be there like 3 to 4 hours early, unless it's a noon game. Those are terrible for tailgating.

Would definetly stay in Brickell like another poster said. While there, you can take the metro rail (train) to the campus for a tour. You won't regret it! Stop by the bookstore for some canes gear for the game. Visit Biscaya gardens (your girlfriend will thank you) not too far from Brickell, almost walking distance. Coconut grove is also very near and a good place to walk around (the royal peacock is a good spot for brunch). All these places are south of Brickell and not far.

Wynwood is north of Brickell and highly recommended. Really good restaurants, street art and a few local breweries. Coyo taco (casual) is one of my favorite spots along with wood tavern. Midtown is a few blocks away and probably worth the short trip.

Locals don't really venture to south beach too much, but I'm assuming it's a must see for visitors like you. Ocean drive is nice to walk around but the restaurants aren't the best (tourist trap) IMO. Stay south of 5th street for better food options like prime 112, Smith and Wollensky (really nice view) and Joes Stone crab as previously mentioned. These are all very expensive but there are other options around though

North of 21 street has a couple of good spots too but I'm not too familiar with that side of the beach.

A trip to the Everglades is worth it if you have a day to kill and want to see a different side of south Florida.

Hope that helps you a bit. Some of the suggestions I gave you should make your girlfriend very happy also. cheers

No one has answered this mans question about seating lol, make sure you sit in the 100 section and make sure it's as close to the 50 yard line as possible. There's a Virtual seating chart where you can click on a section and see the view, dedinitely sit in the lower bowl.

FIUMCane gave you very solid tips. When in Miami you need to eat some good Cuban food. Latin America on Coral Way is very good and local. Somewhere along the line you should try to score some yayo (cocaine). Miami is well known for its high quality yayo and it makes the pre-game party at the Blue Lot and the game itself a lot of fun. For game tickets just use stub hub and the have stadium maps you can use. I haven't been post renovations so someone else can help you with seat location.

Advertisement

I'm from Melbourne mate.

That's my kind of party!

Best pre game drinking will be at the stadium. Rent an suv and fly an Aussie flag along with a hurricane flag. Someone will strike up conversation for sure. Be there like 3 to 4 hours early, unless it's a noon game. Those are terrible for tailgating.

Would definetly stay in Brickell like another poster said. While there, you can take the metro rail (train) to the campus for a tour. You won't regret it! Stop by the bookstore for some canes gear for the game. Visit Biscaya gardens (your girlfriend will thank you) not too far from Brickell, almost walking distance. Coconut grove is also very near and a good place to walk around (the royal pea**** is a good spot for brunch). All these places are south of Brickell and not far.

Wynwood is north of Brickell and highly recommended. Really good restaurants, street art and a few local breweries. Coyo taco (casual) is one of my favorite spots along with wood tavern. Midtown is a few blocks away and probably worth the short trip.

Locals don't really venture to south beach too much, but I'm assuming it's a must see for visitors like you. Ocean drive is nice to walk around but the restaurants aren't the best (tourist trap) IMO. Stay south of 5th street for better food options like prime 112, Smith and Wollensky (really nice view) and Joes Stone crab as previously mentioned. These are all very expensive but there are other options around though

North of 21 street has a couple of good spots too but I'm not too familiar with that side of the beach.

A trip to the Everglades is worth it if you have a day to kill and want to see a different side of south Florida.

Hope that helps you a bit. Some of the suggestions I gave you should make your girlfriend very happy also. cheers

Cheers! Some great ideas. You've pretty much just planned the whole trip. Keep a look out for the Aussie flag!

No problem brother.

I forgot to mention Cuban food. Check out Calle ocho for a taste of Cuba. Take your girl to "azucar" for some ice scream.

Advertisement
As far as places to sit, you can't go wrong sitting at the 50 yard line lower bowl. Could be really sunny but if you bring a hat and some glasses you'll be fine. Cheers brotha!

Are you the guy that punched the kangaroo to save your dog?

Kangaroo-Drops-Ball.gif

Haha nah not quite. Props to that guy though. A kick from a kangaroo can kill a guy. Don't mess with animals down here....

Advertisement
Back