Fly the Banner, Luke

Advertisement
He’ll argue that those other coaches got much more time than Willie did.
And times change. He should realize that while the amount coaches get paid keeps going up, the amount of time they have to win keeps going down. May not be fair, but if you want that big boy money, you need to realize it comes with big boy expectations.

T Boning this race debate thread with some politics.

Dem Candidate Tulsi releasing a workout video. Some booty shots would have helped me in choosing to get behind her not. Really upset that she left that out. But I bet she has a nice *** and them thighs looking juicy. **** back too.

Can't you just have a post about objectifying a woman without having to bring politics into it?

Advertisement
Of course there is racism in college sports. Did we really believe college football was sacred? I hate everything FSU but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

And times change. He should realize that while the amount coaches get paid keeps going up, the amount of time they have to win keeps going down. May not be fair, but if you want that big boy money, you need to realize it comes with big boy expectations.
Someone posted a comparison of Willie and other coaches, like Scott Frost, who have gotten more time. I think Frost is an outlier at Nebraska given his ties but I think there is a distinction as well. The key in that comparison was the high talent level based on recruiting rankings that Willie had vs the others.

I think the expectations were higher. I think that part of the problem is that many of these recruits seem like awful character guys that Jimbo brought in. Willie was stuck with that and that is probably difficult to win with regardless of talent level.

Not saying he’s a great coach either but I think there were issues there that talent level couldn’t overcome and Willie couldn’t get any of it under control and win and the expectations were high.

He’s not complaining about Taggart getting fired mid season. He’s upset that he was given less than two years.
One and a half years of work for 20 million sounds like he had my dream job. Got to be close to the biggest buyout in history I don't think Luke has much to complain about here. This guy scored big time. He's laughing all the way to the bank, nice job.. This guy just pulled off the heist of a lifetime. LMAO Kudos to Taggart.

Advertisement
Someone posted a comparison of Willie and other coaches, like Scott Frost, who have gotten more time. I think Frost is an outlier at Nebraska given his ties but I think there is a distinction as well. The key in that comparison was the high talent level based on recruiting rankings that Willie had vs the others.

I think the expectations were higher. I think that part of the problem is that many of these recruits seem like awful character guys that Jimbo brought in. Willie was stuck with that and that is probably difficult to win with regardless of talent level.

Not saying he’s a great coach either but I think there were issues there that talent level couldn’t overcome and Willie couldn’t get any of it under control and win and the expectations were high.

It's funny people are making this about race, because al golden is who willie reminds me of. He had a little success early and used his ability to talk the talk to get into a situation he wasn't ready/qualified for. In the end neither was able to find success because they aren't good coaches. They can talk a kid into signing and come up with slogans, but they can't get a team to believe in what they're doing. Kids see through them and won't play for them. Sure, fsu has some problem children, but they've got a ton of talent. And with that much talent, you just have to teach the kids the basics and how to be tough and you should win a lot of games.

Bottom line, luke is going to cry racism every time a black coach loses a job. There just isn't a situation where he'll admit a black guy should lose his job, and that's one of several reasons nobody should ever listen to him again.

White coaches never get fired mid season!!!! Lmao
name the last program to fire a coach 21 games in. The team didn’t win the year before he was hired. He didn’t inherit a ten win team. If you truly think this would have happened as fast to a Leach, Stoops or any other high profile coach, you’re nuts. He came from a good program and was considered a winner. He sucks lmao BUT this is crazy. He had one true recruiting class. Southern boys don’t have patience... when the coach is black. Hate Luke, but he’s 💯

Advertisement
name the last program to fire a coach 21 games in. The team didn’t win the year before he was hired. He didn’t inherit a ten win team. If you truly think this would have happened as fast to a Leach, Stoops or any other high profile coach, you’re nuts. He came from a good program and was considered a winner. He sucks lmao BUT this is crazy. He had one true recruiting class. Southern boys don’t have patience... when the coach is black. Hate Luke, but he’s 💯
How about Kingsbury getting FIRED from a COLLEGE job only to land a PRO job? Lol

ALL BLACK COACHES AND PLAYERS NEED TO BOYCOTT FSU FOOTBALL. THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THIS TO A WHITE COACH.

source.gif

Advertisement
It's funny people are making this about race, because al golden is who willie reminds me of. He had a little success early and used his ability to talk the talk to get into a situation he wasn't ready/qualified for. In the end neither was able to find success because they aren't good coaches. They can talk a kid into signing and come up with slogans, but they can't get a team to believe in what they're doing. Kids see through them and won't play for them. Sure, fsu has some problem children, but they've got a ton of talent. And with that much talent, you just have to teach the kids the basics and how to be tough and you should win a lot of games.

Bottom line, luke is going to cry racism every time a black coach loses a job. There just isn't a situation where he'll admit a black guy should lose his job, and that's one of several reasons nobody should ever listen to him again.
I think Willie had a rough draw here. As for Luke - He did this with Randy Shannon too. How long did Randy have? 3-4 years? It’s always the same story with Luke.

Advertisement
Back