Flowers gone

Advertisement
Dolphins pick at 14. Could be staying home.

This is off topic but so help me God if the Dolphins take ANOTHER offensive lineman in the first round.

What you want them to take? Dont say DE because we see how well that worked with DION...lame *** GM's we have had

I know what I don't want them to take...another offensive lineman.

They need playmakers...all over the field. Take the best available player that DOESN'T play O line. They need defense...everywhere. Linebackers, D Lineman, even secondary.

I'll put it this way...they should take a wide receiver (while cutting Hartline and saving cap space and attempt to trade Wallace) before taking another offensive lineman.

if any kid is a 1st round possibility with a second round almost lock.. why in the world would you stay.. in ANY school?

no he is not leaving because of the coaching.. his #1 reason good OL/OT are considered a high draft pick.. even before RB's and QB's most of the time. let him get that $$$.

Advertisement

This is off topic but so help me God if the Dolphins take ANOTHER offensive lineman in the first round.

What you want them to take? Dont say DE because we see how well that worked with DION...lame *** GM's we have had

I know what I don't want them to take...another offensive lineman.

They need playmakers...all over the field. Take the best available player that DOESN'T play O line. They need defense...everywhere. Linebackers, D Lineman, even secondary.

I'll put it this way...they should take a wide receiver (while cutting Hartline and saving cap space and attempt to trade Wallace) before taking another offensive lineman.

I could see them trading back and taking Collins from Alabama or even Denzel.

I could see this also trade back for the 1st and 2nd of someone like the Panthers or Greenbay to get Perryman and an extra 2nd rounder. But that is smart so I guess they go Flowers or better yet they go for some weak *** QB

Golden on Flowers: "He is truly making an educated decision and one that is best for he and his family."

Advertisement
What are you talking about the exodus continues? Everyone knew that Duke and Flowers were gone at the start of the season so hopefully this is not coming as some surprise to you.

Let me know when Deon Bush announces or Kirby they are going pro. That's exodus. Let me know when some of the Frosh or Soph's transfer out. That's exodus....

The exodus continues

Regarded as one of the best offensive tackles in college football, Ereck Flowers also made his mind up and will forgo his final season in Coral Gables. It was a decision that he thought long about, but figured that this was the right time.

“I have done everything that I can in college as a football player and now it’s time to take that next step,” said Flowers, who had emerged over the past year as one of the top prospects for the Hurricanes. “I believe this is the best for my family and myself.”

The 6-6, 330-pounder, who rarely speaks to the media, expressed his feelings to SouthFloridaHighSchoolSports.com, which had promoted him since the early days of his high school career, projecting him as a player who could very well be lining up on Sundays since his 12th grade season.

“I am very excited about this next challenge in my life and career,” he explained. “They had told me I had a second round grade, but I will really look to raise that bar over the next few months

http://sfhs.cbslocal.com/2014/12/29/ums-flowers-to-declare-for-2015-nfl-draft/

lol @ Ive done everything I can in cfb without winning a division, conf,and national title, once again speaking to players belief in grohlden

698512e5d03fe82a2a9b892dbe772596.jpg

Yeah, reaching w the "exodus continues" since it's just flowers and duke, both of which were expected to leave.

Advertisement
What are you talking about the exodus continues? Everyone knew that Duke and Flowers were gone at the start of the season so hopefully this is not coming as some surprise to you.

Let me know when Deon Bush announces or Kirby they are going pro. That's exodus. Let me know when some of the Frosh or Soph's transfer out. That's exodus....

The exodus continues

Regarded as one of the best offensive tackles in college football, Ereck Flowers also made his mind up and will forgo his final season in Coral Gables. It was a decision that he thought long about, but figured that this was the right time.

“I have done everything that I can in college as a football player and now it’s time to take that next step,” said Flowers, who had emerged over the past year as one of the top prospects for the Hurricanes. “I believe this is the best for my family and myself.”

The 6-6, 330-pounder, who rarely speaks to the media, expressed his feelings to SouthFloridaHighSchoolSports.com, which had promoted him since the early days of his high school career, projecting him as a player who could very well be lining up on Sundays since his 12th grade season.

“I am very excited about this next challenge in my life and career,” he explained. “They had told me I had a second round grade, but I will really look to raise that bar over the next few months

http://sfhs.cbslocal.com/2014/12/29/ums-flowers-to-declare-for-2015-nfl-draft/

Could be adding in the 11 decommits.

From TOS

Ereck Flowers announced today that he will leave Miami and enter the NFL Draft. After a tremendous college career, Flowers sat down with CanesTime's Mike Bakas and explained that decision. He also talks about his career at Miami, his opinion of Al Golden, and what the future holds for the Hurricanes. Read on.

Ereck Flowers is ready to take the next step. He will skip his senior season at the University of Miami and enter the NFL Draft. He talked about how he arrived at that decision.
"I talked to my dad about it and it was a hard decision," Flowers told CanesTime. "I grew up a Miami fan. I enjoyed playing here. Now I think the best thing for me personally is to take my game to the next level."
Flowers, who says he's 6-foot-6 and around 330 pounds right now, was first offered a scholarship back in the spring of his junior year at Norland High. He credits his high school program for getting him ready to play right away at Miami.
"When I went to Norland things started picking up," he said. "My coaches at Norland really helped prepare me well to play at the college level. It was a good atmosphere and the competition I played against in Dade County helped me get ready to play in college."
Flowers was a mid-year entry so he was able to go through spring drills in 2012. That helped him work his way into the starting rotation as a true freshman.
"I started the first few games at right tackle and then I started switching off at left tackle," he said. "Back then when I was first getting started I never thought I'd be where I am now. High school football in Miami is second to none and I was able to use that to my advantage when I got here."
After starting four games as a freshman, Flowers moved to left tackle in 2013 and became the full-time starter there.
"I put in a lot of work in the offseason," he said. "I knew I had to make a lot of improvements. I worked hard on the little things and watched a lot of tape that offseason. I knew I'd be ready."
After a strong sophomore season, Flowers started hearing talk that he could be a high NFL Draft prospect one day.
"My coaches always told me that I'd have a chance," he said. "During the summer when I started reading and hearing about it it felt weird. I was wondering whether it was a dream (laughing). I'd go back and watch old tape and always thought I could do things better. I was never satisfied. That's the type of person I am. I wanted to have my best season yet."
That he did, as Flowers went on to start 12 more games at left tackle as a junior this season. While he played well, the team fell way short of expectations.
"We had all the talent and we worked really hard but the dice didn't roll our way," he said. "We were just a few plays away in some of those guys. The gameplans were good. The coaches were coaching hard. The players were working hard. It just didn't go the way we wanted it to and that was disappointing."
A lot of fans are wondering who will be capable of replacing Flowers at the left tackle spot. He is confident in his potential replacements.
"They have a bunch of guys," he said. "KC played there in high school and is going to be really good. Trevor Darling can play there. Taylor Gadbois can play there. They have some options and they'll figure out who the best guy is. Coach Kehoe does a great job. He's a legend at Miami. He'll get them ready."
Flowers, who says he plans to start training for pro workouts next week with Bommarito Performance Systems in Miami, believes the Canes still have a bright future.
"Talent will never be a problem," he said. "Miami is loaded with young talent. As long as the players keep working hard and keep buying in, they should be able to bounce back and have a good year next season."

Advertisement
“I have done everything that I can in college as a football player and now it’s time to take that next step,” said Flowers

I long for the days when this line would have meant a NC or two when said by a Canes player

I think he's very raw, but he's obviously wise to get away from this coaching staff and this situation.

In an ideal world he'd return as a senior to work on his flaws.

Advertisement
Back