Flowe to the portal

Can someone catch me up I haven’t followed him much at Oregon, can he still be productive with his injury history?

Advertisement
Legit question as I did not want much of Oregon this year. I know FLowe had the injury bug early in his career but it looks like he played in every game this year. I counted 10 total, he had his best game first game of the season against UGA with 10 total tackles however after that?

14 total solo tackles and 21 assists. No sacks, no forced fumbles, no interceptions.

Last 3 games against ranked washington, ranked utah and ranked oregon state he had no solo tackles and exactly 1 assist in each game. Anyone have a reason?
He averaged less than 1 tackle a game.

Edit*** Did some of my own research and the Ducks Wire said he played 178 snaps total. This was their blurb:

"We came into the season thinking that LB Justin Flowe would be one of the most important players on the defense, and the duo of him and Noah Sewell would be among the best LB tandems in the nation.

What happened? Why did Flowe only play 22% of all defensive snaps on the season?

I’m not sure I have a good answer for you. He was healthy for the majority of the year and available to play, but for one reason or another, Dan Lanning and the coaching staff were unable to keep him on the field and in the defensive system. Is it possible that his foot injury from the 2021 season has had long-term ramifications and caused him to lose some of the speed and veracity that he played with?

In the final three games of the year, Flowe played singled digit snaps in each contest. If you look at the tape, it’s clear that there are a lot of things that Flowe can improve in his game. I just hope that he will stick around and choose to improve in Eugene. However, this is a candidate for the transfer portal that I wouldn’t be completely shocked by. His talent would make him among the most coveted members of the portal, and you couldn’t blame him for feeling that he’s being underutilized with the Ducks."

In my opinion, any of the portal candidates better make up their minds quick. I’m sure Mario is going to want everybody here by January. Maybe they’ll be a few that will come in later on but he’s gonna want as many people locked in and ready to start the fourth quarter program.

Advertisement
God Wills It!!
1670269481195.gif

Legit question as I did not want much of Oregon this year. I know FLowe had the injury bug early in his career but it looks like he played in every game this year. I counted 10 total, he had his best game first game of the season against UGA with 10 total tackles however after that?

14 total solo tackles and 21 assists. No sacks, no forced fumbles, no interceptions.

Last 3 games against ranked washington, ranked utah and ranked oregon state he had no solo tackles and exactly 1 assist in each game. Anyone have a reason?
He was also hurt this season. Started the season with 19 tackles in 3 games then was hurt.

Advertisement
In my opinion, Flowe’s high school tape was the best LB film I had seen since Reuben Foster, who played at Baga, and then in the NFL.

If Flowe is 100% healthy, he’s our best LB prospect day 1, and it’s not even close (in my opinion).
He’s better than Flagg in a wheelchair. Heathy he’s one of the top LBs in the nation easily.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So one would think these portal jumpers we should know pretty quick if we will be in it right?

Advertisement
Back