Florida targeting San Francisco’s Todd Golden as their next HC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ugh. He is a good choice.
Honestly asking how you're possibly making that assessment? He never finished higher than 4th in his conference at Fan Fan Fisco, didn't really improve over the previous guy and has a remarkably thin resume prior to this. Is there something he did super impressive in Israel?

Another underwhelming hire by a supposed "big time" athletic department at UiF, imo.

Well, you know... he's available for an interview today.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 6.00.12 PM.png

I have watched his team play and they were well coached, his time outs were spot on. Not NBA laden team, but they played hard. He knows how to coach. And, because he worked for Pearl-he knows how to buy AAU players. Playing in Israel he will recruit foreign players too. Sadly I view him as a young Billy Donavan……they even played alike.

Advertisement
I have watched his team play and they we’re well coached, his time outs were spot on. Not NBA laden team, but they played hard. He knows how to coach. And, because he worked for Pearl-he knows how to buy AAU players. Playing in Israel he will recruit foreign players too. Sadly I view him as a young Billy Donavan……they even played alike.
Not even close

He’s a Bruce Pearl disciple from AU...

Just 3 years as HC at San Fran as HC, with only ONE NCAA tournament appearance which was a loss to Murray ST.

Bargain bin move by UF, even Mike White had more experience & a better resume than this kid.

Shocking move, IMO. Look at the coaches in the league and stack this guy against them. I couldn't believe this earlier when I read it. Don't these dudes pump themselves up as a blue-blood basketball program? This is a desperation dart-throw.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For what it’s worth, the Associate AD at UF was the AD at Auburn when Golden was an assistant there under Bruce Pearl. Ironically, Pearl pushed hard for Golden to get this job.

Advertisement
Back