Florida ready to block Miami entry into SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever considered the idea that the sec and big leave us out to dry? Basically rendering us useless for their own long term gain.

Anyone ever considered the idea that we have some deep-cover sleeper cell porsters who registered years ago and rarely post, but come out to spread negativity in the times of greatest uncertainty?

Advertisement
Anyone ever considered the idea that we have some deep-cover sleeper cell porsters who registered years ago and rarely post, but come out to spread negativity in the times of greatest uncertainty?

I exhoed something similar to what that poster said however they’re not that dumb it’s all about $$$ in the end and Miami is a name that moves the needle as well as tapping into the market here

Miami in the SEC will also eliminate the half empty stadium BS we get negatively recruited for. SEC schools will travel to Miami by car and in turn I think that will make casual Miami fans step up their attendance.

Texas, OU, BAMA, UGA, LSU, A&M, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, FSU, TENN… all would fill hard rock to the brim.

The BIG would potentially do the same but will be more of a challenge due to fans having to travel from farther on a weekend.

Miami in the SEC will also eliminate the half empty stadium BS we get negatively recruited for. SEC schools will travel to Miami by car and in turn I think that will make casual Miami fans step up their attendance.

Texas, OU, BAMA, UGA, LSU, A&M, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, FSU, TENN… all would fill hard rock to the brim.

The BIG would potentially do the same but will be more of a challenge due to fans having to travel from farther on a weekend.

Joining the Big 10 would bring in a fraction of fans compared to what the SEC would bring. Look at the MSU game last year, that's how most of them would be, and those attendance numbers are similar to what we're already getting from ACC opponents. We need to join the SEC.

Advertisement
Anyone that’s followed the Canes since their heyday knows that when the Canes win fans show up.Anyone that was in the OB in the 80’s-90’s -and sat in a swaying ( yes the OB would actually sway) Orange Bowl knows the feeling of a packed house at a Cane game.
Even when we had that little bit of success when Richt had us going knows that Cane fans show up in droves and were so loud teams like Notre Dumb and FSU QB’s couldn’t hear themselves think when we were 10-0.

Mario has this thing on a fast track to the top and I think the days of 25K on game days are a thing of the past.We always say about recruits “ win and they will come”.Well the same goes for the fans.With all the choices out there in the S. Fla. area no one wants to spend their money to go see losers.This is true of recruits as well as fans.

Can’t believe that the SEC as self centered as they might be wants the B1G having a Miami team that is now competitive and chasing NC’s not to mention a top TV market shutting off the most fertile recruiting ground in the country.If the SEC makes a decision to not take us I have to believe that the B1G will jump immediately at the chance to add us.They might go after us head to head with the SEC anyways cause it gives them most of the largest TV markets in the land not to mention total coverage of the US.

This is about money and the SEC presidents / AD’s aren’t going to let UFAG or anyone/Anything else get in it’s way of getting every penny that they can of what’s available.

Miami is not getting left with no chair in this game of musical teams…..That U still carry’s a ton of weight just like the NY of the Yankees.You either love us or hate us but no matter which way you lean you turn in to find out what happens…That means TV coverage which means more money for everyone.

I don’t think the SEC feels it is absolutely necessary to add more teams right away. They have yet to absorb Texas and Oklahoma. They can act when it suits them.

That said, frum the ACC, I think they will look to several schools ahead of Miami. Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma State, and North Carolina may all be viewed as better options.

IF we're going anywhere, my choice would be for us to go to the B1G.

I'm also positive that in this game of musical chairs we won't be someone left without a date

Frankly, the thought of us in the SEC leaves a horrible taste in my mouth. Miami was always a force fit to the Southern profile. Far too many snowbirds, immigrants and interregional transplants here.

Miami's aura has always been more Big-Time and International than Southern. PA , NJ & NY have long considered Miami the most Southern City of their states judging by airline flights.

Our following has a very strong nationwide base. IF it is about ratings and it is , nationwide Miami vs. any B1G team + USC and UCLA has far more nationwide audience appeal than Miami vs. SEC teams excluding Bama or UGA.

For Me, it's a no brainer. The B1G is a far better option for the remaining conferences and especially for the Canes

Advertisement
It might be the half dozen beers sloshing around in me, but I suddenly want the SEC. I want FU to publicly state their aversion to playing us. They dropped the series and let's see them complain that they'll have to play us every year.

And no, they can't ever have the war canoe back. It's ours because they forfeited it when they wussed out.

Not trying to be negative man. I don’t post much because I don’t have any Inside info as a fan 1000 miles away. The reason I posted that thought is cause of recruiting and the last thing the sec/big10 wants is a dominate Miami. What better way to keep us down when we finally have momentum than to leave us out of the party.

Also I read this sight weekly so I’m not a anti Miami bot. I’m a diehard fan like the rest of you guys in here.

Won't matter if the others agree to us joining. Similar to TexasA&M trying to block UT from joining the SEC.
Excited Lets Go GIF

Espn controls the Sec now. If they want us in the sec there isn't anything florida can do about it.

Advertisement
Not trying to be negative man. I don’t post much because I don’t have any Inside info as a fan 1000 miles away. The reason I posted that thought is cause of recruiting and the last thing the sec/big10 wants is a dominate Miami. What better way to keep us down when we finally have momentum than to leave us out of the party.

Also I read this sight weekly so I’m not a anti Miami bot. I’m a diehard fan like the rest of you guys in here.

Fair enough. It's just a challenging time right now, every distant and/or part-time UM fan finds every random article written by "Swimming bloggers" and whatnot, and then everyone gets overly worked up.

I'm just saying one thing: relax. Dan has been working on this for quite some time, since he was at Clemson.

Trust the process, not the random bloggers thirsting for more followers.

Last edited:
The BIG has a huge advantage that could help us. They are coast to coast. Look at our recruiting, we are a national brand and playing in LA, the Midwest and wherever else they expand to should help us. The BIG has won 2 titles in 20 years, both by OHIO, one they stole from us. Yet they are neck and neck with the SEC in revenue. Ask yourself why is that? The SEC is truly and regional conference. Would I rebel about going to the SEC, no. I prefer the BIG. If they add us and Oregon, they are in all 4 corners of the USA.

Advertisement
I don’t think the SEC feels it is absolutely necessary to add more teams right away. They have yet to absorb Texas and Oklahoma. They can act when it suits them.

That said, frum the ACC, I think they will look to several schools ahead of Miami. Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma State, and North Carolina may all be viewed as better options.
They can't "act when it suits them" because they have no idea what the B1G will do next...

What if B1G's next announcement is 8 more schools including:

Miami
FSU
Clemson
ND
Oregon
Houston
UNC
UVA

Then who does the SEC go after next?

It's a literal arms race and neither of the two super conferences knows when the other one is planning to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back