Florida Open to Renewing Rivalry

sid the kid

Recruit
Florida coach Jim McElwain on renewing rivalry with Miami: ‘It’s something we’re not dodging’

The Florida and Miami rivalry could be returning soon. But for now, Florida coach Jim McElwain doesn’t have much to say on the matter.

McElwain was asked Monday about the potential of the Gators and Hurricanes renewing their rivalry. Although McElwain didn’t confirm anything, he certainly didn’t dispel the rumors.

“It’s something we’ve talked about and yet I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag just yet,” McElwain said, according to The Gainesville Sun’s Kevin Brockway. “It’s something we’re not dodging.”

Rumors surfaced two months ago about a 2019 showdown in the works. A future game could be held at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando to open the season, per Brockway.

The two schools last played in 2013, when Miami defeated the Gators 21-16 in Miami. Before then, the Gators and Hurricanes hadn’t played since a 2008 contest in Gainesville, Fla., during which Florida ended its six-game losing streak in the series. Miami holds a 29-26 advantage in the all-time series.

Advertisement
Advertisement
f70f727f8468ccf010c9219c46f09368.jpg

Advertisement
F_ck Florida and mcelteeth, please make this happen so we can whoop their *** real quick

I want us to play them every year just like they do FSU, we can put two cup cakes on the schedule like the SEC does. It sucks to fight them for recruits every year when we don't get a chance to beat their a$$

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Hahaha what "rivalry"???

They've beaten us ONCE in 25+ years!?

That's no longer a rivalry game...that's a charity game

Went to the swamp in 2002. Place was empty in fourth quarter. They all went home to cry. Gameday was there and only Canes were there after the game. Epic....

LOL only open to it now that we have Richt and they were his Achilles heel while he was at Georgia. What a joke. Pretty sure Richt will have their number while he is here calling plays again.

Advertisement
Lol those pussies couldn't even beat alf. Corch chomper and Foley want no part of an actual coached miami

Florida coach Jim McElwain on renewing rivalry with Miami: ‘It’s something we’re not dodging’

The Florida and Miami rivalry could be returning soon. But for now, Florida coach Jim McElwain doesn’t have much to say on the matter.

McElwain was asked Monday about the potential of the Gators and Hurricanes renewing their rivalry. Although McElwain didn’t confirm anything, he certainly didn’t dispel the rumors.

“It’s something we’ve talked about and yet I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag just yet,” McElwain said, according to The Gainesville Sun’s Kevin Brockway. “It’s something we’re not dodging.”

Rumors surfaced two months ago about a 2019 showdown in the works. A future game could be held at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando to open the season, per Brockway.

The two schools last played in 2013, when Miami defeated the Gators 21-16 in Miami. Before then, the Gators and Hurricanes hadn’t played since a 2008 contest in Gainesville, Fla., during which Florida ended its six-game losing streak in the series. Miami holds a 29-26 advantage in the all-time series.

Yes it is. *****.

Eff them. We don't need to play those inbreds.

Who said we needed to play them? It'd be fun to kick their asses on the regular.

I rather play an opponent who gives a legit home-and-away instead of the ghey "neutral" site in Tampa or
Orlando, which is really a home game for them.
Also, I would like to see us play teams from areas where we recruit, be that Maryland/Navy, a west coast and/or
texas school.

Advertisement
Back