Florida is the best school... lol (worth reading)

It all depends on what you consider a "bust". Someone earlier mentioned Reggie Bush. Yeah, he's had a long career. He's been a good but not great player. Should he be considered a bust because he never lived up to potential? I remember it being a huge deal when Houston drafted Mario Williams first overall and not Reggie. If you consider Reggie Bush a bust, then guys like Phillip Buchanon, Kelly Jennings and even Antrell Rolle can get grouped in there. Rolle has been pretty good as a safety but he struggled at corner when he first came in the league. He's managed to carve out a nice career but he was certainly never a first round talent at CB.

If you consider not living up to your potential as being a bust, then 90% of every 1st round draft pick in every sport would classify as a bust.
I'm pretty sure being labeled a bust comes with a much lower standard than living up to your potential. Remember, athletically, **** near every 1st round pick has the skills to be a future star, it's simply, or in this instance, not so simply applying those athletic talents.
One of the highest safety prospects in the past 15 years was Roy Williams, who the Cowboys salivated over, completely ignoring the best safety of my lifetime, Eddie Reed.

Advertisement
Kenny Phillips:

Met him fairly recently in dubious circumstances. Couldn't believe it was him until I remembered he was in The U Part 2. We talked at length about Nevin Shapiro.
No you didn't.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Vernon Carey was one mentioned
Vernon Carey?? He started 107 of 121 games And he was a starter the year before he retired...his retirement started the downfall of the Dolphins O-line. Why would he be a bust??

Advertisement
Back