Florida is the best school... lol (worth reading)

Advertisement
Funny but I'm curious as to what qualifies a player as a "bust"? Is it a player who washed out of the league early? Or just a guy who got drafted fairly high but hasn't lived up to the billing.

Who were our four- 1st round busts in the last 15 years?

I'm curious too. I can think of a few guys who didn't pan out but it was more due to injuries. Jerome Mc Dougle comes to mind. Also, guys like Mike Rumph and Kelly Jennings never lived up to first round hype.

Advertisement

William Joseph, Kelly Jennings, Kenny Phillips and Jerome McDougle but he doesn't really count because he was shot and never really recovered...at least all of them played a minimum 5 years in the league and there's no more other than Yatil Green from the last 20 years

Last edited:

William Joseph, Kelly Jennings, Kenny Phillips and Jerome McDougle but he doesn't really count because he was shot and never really recovered...at least all of them played a minimum 5 years in the league

Joseph was a bust.

McDougle was an injury casualty - still a bust but a different category.

Jennings was near the bottom of the 1st round. You could call him a bust but not to the same degree as a player drafted in the Top 10-15.

Didn't Phillips start 36 of 49 games for the Giants, including one of their Super Bowl teams? He wasn't a star like Ed Reed, but that doesn't mean he was a bust.

JMO.

Last edited:

William Joseph, Kelly Jennings, Kenny Phillips and Jerome McDougle but he doesn't really count because he was shot and never really recovered...at least all of them played a minimum 5 years in the league

Joseph was a bust.

Jennings was near the bottom of the 1st round. You could call him a bust but not to the same degree as a player drafted in the Top 10-15.

Didn't Philipps play (and start?) for for the Giants, including one of their Super Bowl teams? I wouldn't call him a bust. A lot of late first rounders end up journeyman players. He wasn't a star like Ed Reed, but that doesn't mean he was a bust.

JMO.
Kenny is at the end of his run already, was cut by the saints and if that's how your grading Phillips then William Joseph wasn't a bust neither because he was on the 2007 giants team, Kelly played 6 years and didn't crack the starting lineup...that's not the plan for any first round pick

Last edited:
Advertisement

Joseph was a bust.

Didn't Phillips start 36 of 49 games for the Giants, including one of their Super Bowl teams? He wasn't a star like Ed Reed, but that doesn't mean he was a bust.

JMO.

He was real good for the giants. The injuries killedhim.

Also Jennings and a lot of corners r busts because of the rulesand also like Bama corners r busts because the front seven is so good it disguised it.

Joseph was a bust.

JMO.

He was real good for the giants. The injuries killedhim.

Also Jennings and a lot of corners r busts because of the rulesand also like Bama corners r busts because the front seven is so good it disguised it.

Point taken but after that, the Giants let him got, signed with the Eagles then got cut, spent a year of of football, then came back with the saints and got cut again

Last edited:
Advertisement
patriots just recently cut dominique easley, I thought for sure he would be a solid NFL player he was a force in college

So half of the Gator/FSU first rounders are busts.
I'm curious to see how many of those "non-busts" are So Fla guys.

Advertisement
Kenny phillips was good and was looking like he was going to become a pro bowl safety. Injuries slowed phillips down and was never able to get back to form.

Best line in the article, should be in every recruits info package: "avoid colleges in Florida not located in Miami" !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back