Off-Topic Florida governor DeSantis signs bill creating election police unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
Governors with self appointed election police forces what could go wrong?

The Florida Secretary of State's office says it received 262 election fraud complaints about the 2020 election and referred 75 to law enforcement or prosecutors. Nearly 11 million Floridians cast ballots in the presidential contest that year.
The new law creates an Office of Election Crimes and Security within the Florida Department of State -- an agency under DeSantis' jurisdiction -- with a staff of 15 to conduct preliminary investigations of election fraud. In addition, the measure calls for DeSantis to appoint up to 10 law enforcement officers to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate election crimes.

The combined program will cost $3.7 million, state Rep. Daniel Perez, a top sponsor, said during legislative debate. DeSantis initially sought nearly $6 million for a 52-member force.

Lmao 52 member force for 262 complaints what the actual ****.

Advertisement
Governors with self appointed election police forces what could go wrong?

The Florida Secretary of State's office says it received 262 election fraud complaints about the 2020 election and referred 75 to law enforcement or prosecutors. Nearly 11 million Floridians cast ballots in the presidential contest that year.
The new law creates an Office of Election Crimes and Security within the Florida Department of State -- an agency under DeSantis' jurisdiction -- with a staff of 15 to conduct preliminary investigations of election fraud. In addition, the measure calls for DeSantis to appoint up to 10 law enforcement officers to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to investigate election crimes.

The combined program will cost $3.7 million, state Rep. Daniel Perez, a top sponsor, said during legislative debate. DeSantis initially sought nearly $6 million for a 52-member force.

Lmao 52 member force for 262 complaints what the actual ****.
Over/under on how many articles The Miami Herald puts out comparing Florida to Weimer Germany?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Other states are in MUCH more need of election policing and reform than Florida - the rich get richer.

This bans ranked choice voting throughout the state. For fairness

Good catch that does not appear to be widely reported with information re: this bill.
It's at 101.019 of the bill, included here for anyone who actually wants to read it.

Advertisement
Al the people up in arms about this, we’re the same ones saying “If you have nothing to hide, you should want the FBI to investigate you.” a couple years ago.

Al the people up in arms about this, we’re the same ones saying “If you have nothing to hide, you should want the FBI to investigate you.” a couple years ago.

And all the people complaining about the FBI a few years ago were saying "if you had nothing to hide, you shouldn't mind the government surveilling us all the time" from about 2001-2012. Time is a flat circle etc. etc.

And all the people complaining about the FBI a few years ago were saying "if you had nothing to hide, you shouldn't mind the government surveilling us all the time" from about 2001-2012. Time is a flat circle etc. etc.
If you supported the “Patriot Act” you’re an idiot and you should wear that stain the rest of your life.

If you supported the “Patriot Act” you’re an idiot and you should wear that stain the rest of your life.
It was funny to see the evolution of that. There were people who were outraged when it first passed and there were those that supported it. For some strange reason, a vast majority of those people flipped positions when a different president made it permanent.

Advertisement
we will have a voting rights bill before the elections.

Over/under on how many articles The Miami Herald puts out comparing Florida to Weimer Germany?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wouldn't be out of line. Obviously you support a police state when you know they only coming for counter supporters. You people claim there is too much gov, but since the Big Loss you support it where you deem it works to assure repub victory. Even when you already hold the house and state senate and enacted new voter legislation. There was no Fraud yet he needs a reason to legally inhibit and intimidate non repub voters. Plus if there are reports of fraud in repub precincts it will be ignored and you know it. All the claims of fraud and enforcement will be in Democrat areas.

And all the people complaining about the FBI now are the same ones saying "don't commit a crime and you won't get harassed by the PD". No one gives a schit until they are effected.

Wouldn't be out of line. Obviously you support a police state when you know they only coming for counter supporters. You people claim there is too much gov, but since the Big Loss you support it where you deem it works to assure repub victory. Even when you already hold the house and state senate and enacted new voter legislation. There was no Fraud yet he needs a reason to legally inhibit and intimidate non repub voters. Plus if there are reports of fraud in repub precincts it will be ignored and you know it. All the claims of fraud and enforcement will be in Democrat areas.
They really don't think that far ahead. They'll risk everything for the power they have now ( SEE JAN6th) . They couldn't even imagine themselves losing an election and having to deal with the other partys self appointed election police. ******* bizzaro world.

This bill will only breed more distrust , more government, more corruption, more dead end investigations, and wasted taxpayer money. IDGAF which party, it's both.

Advertisement
It was funny to see the evolution of that. There were people who were outraged when it first passed and there were those that supported it. For some strange reason, a vast majority of those people flipped positions when a different president made it permanent.
This isn’t even about parties. I’m talking about in general. You can be forgiven for supporting that war, at first. I get that. But there’s no coming back from supporting government surveillance. I can’t believe people fell for the “we’ll only spy on extremists.” As if the government hasn’t always changed things to mean whatever they want it to mean.

Advertisement
This isn’t even about parties. I’m talking about in general. You can be forgiven for supporting that war, at first. I get that. But there’s no coming back from supporting government surveillance. I can’t believe people fell for the “we’ll only spy on extremists.” As if the government hasn’t always changed things to mean whatever they want it to mean.
Oh I know. It was an overreach from day one.

Oh I know. It was an overreach from day one.
Look at what’s going on right now, in the open. Imagine the number of Muslims that were set up by the fbi in the years that followed 9/11, when they had the support of 99% of America.

You have rights protecting your from being spied on. You have no right to commit a crime.
That has nothing to do with what I just said.

I am saying that, the majority of the people who are so worried about the FBI spying on them, didn't give a schit when local PDs incarcerated innocent people or harassed innocent people(which included spying) etc. In fact, when people started complaining about it, they called them criminals and told them "just obey the law and you have nothing to worry about". Just like you are being told now in regards to the FBI. Just obey the law and you won't have to worry about them spying on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back